Forum Doesn't Support Mobile

Started by Midimistro, 2015 Jan 22, 10:15:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midimistro

2015 Jan 22, 10:15:03 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 23, 13:58:45 by Midimistro
I have a knack for finding bugs like this it seems. :P

Although I do get a webpage, it isn't the forum.
Instead I get a page that talks about the Taptalk Application, which I assume is the software that is used to support the forum.
This issue applies to both iOS and Android on all browsers.

If you guys need visual proof, just ask.

I am familiar with HTML and CSS, and limited in Javascript, but unfortunately, I have never worked on mobile websites. I wish I could help further, but this is all I can do as a normal user (not to mention a newbie).

Post Merge

Update:

I took a look at Resolved Issues and found that the mobile version was moved to the tapatalk app. However, this move WAS NOT exactly properly documented. Additionally, if such a move is made to a mobile application, the webpage should load an "Open in Tapatalk" or "Install Tapatalk" on the mobile device, not a bunch of test links, which is what I see when I load it on my mobile devices.
My YouTube | My Soundcloud | My deviantArt | Skype Username: Midimistro
Request, commment, rate and subscribe!

Hash Myth

2015 Jan 22, 12:44:36 #1 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 22, 12:47:35 by Hash Myth
I had the same issue when I directly tried to connect to the forum via google link in search or directly going to the forum.legendsofequestria.com... But when I clicked on the forum through the main LoE homepage it just shows the forum with a little ad for the taptalk app and I just click the "X" and go forum posting  ^-^

I am using the firefox app, most of the default browsers for android will always request a mobile page which forces you to see the taptalk redirect.
You can also go into the options and force request of desktop website, that fixes it as well.

Go Up