There be OCs in these here hills.

Started by 8-Bit, 2014 Dec 29, 05:34:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

8-Bit

2014 Dec 29, 05:34:58 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 29, 12:17:13 by 8-Bit
So, it has come to my attention that for whatever reason, some of us crazy roleplayers are showcasing some of our characters.

Weeeeell, I guess I can show some off. Most of the ones I have are Fallout related, but those aren't allowed, so I'll post my more casual ponies just for the hay of it. Anywho.

PONY-PALOOZA

"I almost got out of bed, but I didn't."

Name: 8-Bit
Species: Pegasus
Flight Trail: Electricity

So we have this guy, right? He's kind of special to me. For one, his name is 8-Bit, and as you perceptive people might've picked up on, he's the reason I have this name. He's mainly for slice of life roleplays. He's about 17, and he's as lazy and unmotivated as they come. He's got a stoic sister (She's one of those flying ponies, but 8-Bit is cooler. Kinda.) who chills with him. She's named Overtone. The two of them have a band with another pair of siblings (A couple of zebras named Pixel and Vector). The band's name is Insert Coin. It's not a big named band, and is more of a hobby then anything. They play from their garage whenever the mother isn't flailing her hooves and telling them to be quiet. He plays some vidya games whenever he's not playing his guitar or doing that mouth moving thing you ponies call singing. Aside from that, he's always lounging or sleeping. His diet is pretty much solid coffee. It's the only thing that helps his night owl style of life.

Name: Notch Volume
Species: Unicorn
Magic: Yeah, she's not so great at it.

Notch Volume is a unicorn mare, age twenty three. She was brought up in an area of Manehatten where every neighbor on the block was treated both like family and friend. The area was rough, and was proof of how the lower class were forced to live. Even though no pony on the block had the bits for the richer luxuries in life, they never complained. All you needed to be happy was family, and music. Music was cheap, and could move the soul no matter how sad or upset somepony felt. It knew how to make a pony dance.

Growing up, Notch liked lots of music, but especially like the works of DJ Pon-3. She looked up to her individualistic and rich life style. Taking to the beats, she herself became a DJ, but found herself being forced to retire early on. The equipment was costly to maintain, and only the best of the best could pay the difference. Selling her equipment early on, she used the money from both it, and a couple of loans, to open her own store in Ponyville. A music store by the name of Beat Treats. The money also assisted in the big move from Manehatten to Ponyville, a chance for Notch to start anew.

Selling a variety of music, low grade music equipment, and pre-packaged snack cakes, she makes just enough to keep the store afloat, while paying off her loan as well. Taking to an old hobby she had as a child, she picked up writing again, and soon landed a position writing small articles for a small time tabloid paper. The bits it brings in, is nothing special, but over the past few years, it gave her enough to move out of a garage she was renting, into a single bedroom house built above her store.

She doesn't care much for fame, wealth, or publicity. For now, she's enjoying her freedom, and being able to live away from the city she grew up in. Care free, and heavily optimistic, the pony never seems to let anything or any pony get her down.

Name: Weeping Willows
Species: Unicorn
Magic: Aha! Um! Lets not talk about that!

(A MEDIEVAL EQUESTRIAN OC)

Weeping Willows, like many others, was born into a war she wanted no part of. Unlike the foals born under the rule of the cocky pegasi, the furious earth ponies, and the elitist unicorns however, she was born into a village that maintained utmost neutrality between the three factions. The village was a small one, even by the standards of other villages. It's population hardly broke fifty, and was comprised of four buildings. While the unnamed village was quaint and humble, adventurers and wanderers for hundreds of miles around would often speak about the small location betwixt the boundaries of the three factions. The subject often spoken of with such fondness when they told their tales of the village was that of their tavern, The Rusted Bit.

In the middle of the harsh wilderness, The Rusted Bit was like a beacon for weary and exhausted ponies. The warm fire, freshly cooked feasts, and goblets full of cider were just the remedy for the cold winds brought on from a passing Windigo. The warm faces and jaunty tunes brought on by the tavern's drunkards were often all it took to wipe a frown from a pony's face, and in turn helped all of them to forget about the inevitable war the three factions spiraled towards. Among the full bellies, smiling faces, and staunch scent of apple cider; Weeping Willows, an entertainer, lived.

She was a friendly, albeit odd and quirky sort of pony. She had a foal's curiosity, and with that she was gullible to an extent as well. Her willingness to believe just about anything caused her endless fascination with the tales and legends woven by the adventurers and merchants that stumbled upon her little slice of home. A result of her fascination was that she was often dragged into just about any odd conspiracy she overheard, and would struggle to find any information she could about it without hesitating to believe anything she read. Due to this fascination, her mind was always caught in an imaginative state. She was always pondering a potential theory or two of her own, and somehow, these theories were often believable (Even if only somewhat).

Not many knew that side of her however. To those who visited the tavern, they knew her as a simple songstress who did her best to make ends meet. Even if she was naive to an extent, she did her best to see the good in everypony and creature, even if they didn't deserve it. She loved everything, and did her best put a smile on any creature's face, especially if they were feeling down. To others, she was just a pony doing her best to show others that not all ponies were driven by war.

Behind closed doors, however, she grieved.

She was a pony stricken with grief over the the hatred the three factions brought. Though the tavern rarely hinted at it, most ponies were in one way or another affected by the skirmishes between the three pony races. Weeping Willows wasn't traumatized by personal hatred, however, she was brought to tears thinking of all the lives that suffered from the hunger brought on by the ongoing conflict.

Spoiler: spookiness warning • show
During the time she spent listening to the adventures of others, she had once overheard stories of ponies able to bring the dead back to life...

Perhaps she maybe took a peak at a book or two to get an idea of what that meant.

Go Up