Pony comics anyone?

Started by Ahri, 2014 Oct 03, 09:22:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ahri

I looked up ibw and comic and couldn't find a thread so delete this if one does exist...

So I'm talking about the official one by ibw you pay for not fan made...

Has anyone read  them?

I just started... Well I'm half way in now..

First  story they rescue the cmc from chrysalis.

Second is about nightmare moon.... And I finally got to find out where "nightmare rarity" came from.

Three is about big Mac but I didn't read it.... Don't care for him

Four I'm reading now, which I have been looking forward to the most by the cover, is how Candace  and shining met. The first part issue looks very.... 80's..... Especially cadance
please don't attempt to message me, I don't want to be anyone's friend on here.

Snow Crystals

Comics are good but pony comics hmm never read them are they interesting?

Mizuki

2014 Dec 09, 23:06:51 #2 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 09, 23:08:26 by Mizuki
I read the first volume, the whole chrysalis arc thing.

I enjoyed it, but it was a little darker than I was used to in terms of "official" pony; plus- and I know this opinion is an unpopular one- but I'm not a fan of the art style. The pages look cluttered and the ponies look like their eyes are going to pop right out of their skulls! It's just very un-cute to me >A<

The nightmare rarity arc sounds like a trainwreck, but I'm sure it's not as bad as Nerdy!Shining Armor trying to get Popular!Cadence to date him. I never thought I'd say this but I prefer fanworks to that garbage >_> But hey, maybe it's not as bad as I'm thinking it is. (I kinda doubt my opinion would change though)

I'm sure the Big Mac stuff turned out okay, but I'm a little biased since I like big mac X3

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

LostSanity

I try to read and keep up with them.

I've quite enjoyed all of them so far.

It's nice to have something related to the show to do when hiatus' are going on.

Are they the same quality as the episodes? Maybe not, but, I still like them all the same.

^-^
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Griffon

Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

Gharial

I've never read one the problem is finding them few places sell pony merchandise in this area. I do want to read them which makes it frustrating when nobody has them and I have to resort to asking my Dad to buy them for me then he forgets and I never get to read them.  :c
A note for Transformers fans and Bronies. Never get Unicron and Unicorns confused.

Lync Volan

so far i only have the 3 Daring Do Novels and need to finish the 3rd book
But theres an Equestria Girls Holiday Comic book waiting for me back in New york if it wasn't stolen in the mail or something X3

^i think thats the cover but i could be wrong...

Barredowl54

i have the mini comics i want some of the comics  ^-^

SamanthaKyle

I plowed through all of the collected editions of the FiM, FF, and mini comics, and they're all pretty darn good! I don't know what I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the writing was. The stories are easy enough that kids can get in to them and complex (and peppered with references) enough that parents that might be reading with their kids can also enjoy them without going braindead. Some might not like that the artists change up often, but I think it's quite nice to see so many different cartoonists take on the stories.

Personally I can't wait for the big bound omnibus collections so I can add them to my home library.  :D

LostSanity

Is anyone on this forum keeping up with/reading the comics?

Well in the most recent one (Issue #27),
Spoiler: Spoilers technically. I guess? Read at your own discretion • show
they have officially brought deer into the comic series.

It's definitely interesting and definitely recommended. I'm curious to see where this goes.

Honestly, I kind of figured it was only a matter of time before the comics did something like this and it'll be interesting to see where this goes and if these deer appear in future comics or even possibly the show.

O:

Chishio Kunrin

I've started reading them. :D
Online... *Is a bad pony and feels bad*
I just really wanted read the Chrysalis arc and the Nightmare Rarity arc. I haven't read the Nightmare Rarity arc yet. X3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LostSanity

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 10, 18:31:14
I just really wanted read the Chrysalis arc and the Nightmare Rarity arc. I haven't read the Nightmare Rarity arc yet. X3

That's how I read them too.

*runs away as an angry mob chases after him*

:I

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 10, 18:31:14
GASP! O:

Spoiler: show
nah i read manga online before lol

Natfoth

I read all the comics, go out and buy the new one at hot topic each time a new one comes out.
Programmer Natfoth
The Experienced
Programming Lead[br]
Design by Princess Oliver, Avatar by CrabApple, OC by Natfoth

LostSanity

Wow. Just wow. The first "Fiendship is Magic" comic was AMAZING.

You guys should really consider reading it if you ever have the chance. If this keeps up, this month of this special comic will be great!!

:D

Except the Siren comic since I ignore everything there is to do with the Equestria Girl movie series.

:s

Nayoka

I happen to like the "Fiendship" is magic series   ovO

Go Up