Minecraft resource packs: Can anypony tell me how to?

Started by Dream Bolt, 2014 Aug 30, 00:50:52

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dream Bolt

Okay, I was wondering if anypony could help me. See, I'm working on a photo-realistic MLP resource pack for Minecraft. (No worries, I base them off of show vectors, so they still look like the ponies we all know and love, just with more detailed hair and fur.)

Problem is, I only know how to write over a premade resource pack, and I want this pack to be compatible with some of the mods I use. (I use the Magic World 2 mod pack, and I want to change the textures of some of the textures for some of the mods like Biomes O' Plenty and Natura.

So the question is, how does one create a resource pack for mods when the source files are jar files and can't be opened? (Keep in mind I have no special programs or programming knowledge.) I want to create resources for Biomes O' Plenty, Natura, Twilight Forest, and Better Storage, among others. The mod pack is on the Feed the Beast website, in case that helps.

Anypony who offers any advice I end up using will be put into the credits of my resource pack as a thank-you. ^-^

MrEmu

My advice would be to ask on some pony forum or something...

Do I get in the credits now? =P

But seriously...Look in the files of the direct resource pack, it's located somewhere in your computer, I think it's in "My Documents"...now aren't I telling you this in person? Because you're asleep. -.-

Pipkin

I believe you can open Jar files with a zip decompressor like winRAR, but recompressing them into a jar file I have no idea how to do that nor do I know how to edit any of the files in the jar.  I only know how to edit resource packs for vanilla minecraft assets.

I suggest asking on minecraft's forums or similar website.  Biomes o'plenty is a very well known mod in the minecraft modding community so I bet someone can tell you how to make custom resource packs for that one at least, and I assume you can then use that knowledge to make more for the other mods.

Yuriski

Can't you end the filename with .jar in order to compress it again?

I'd suggest asking the creator of the Love and Tolerance Pack (another mlp:fim inspired MC resource pack), as well as the creator of Mine Little Pony. They'll probably be glad to help.

Dream Bolt

Thanks, everypony. I found out how to edit the mod resources and such from a Minecraft site, but I'm thankful for your help anyhoo. I'll put you is special thanks! :)

And everypony else need not comment. My dilemma is solved. ^-^

Go Up