Have you seen this monstrosity?

Started by Ahri, 2014 Aug 19, 04:16:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ahri

Well we all know that Hasbro probably holds the record for cheapest/worst figures that aren't Chinese bootlegs but I think this wins the award.

Well let us start with the obvious.
1.It doesn't even come with Shining or Cadence. IT comes with 2 ponies that look absolutely nothing like them expect the cutie mark.

2.It nowhere states their names anywhere as I pointed out. All it says is "bride/groom". That is the stuff you usually do to dodge copyright.

3. You know it is bad when the front cover looks like it costs more then the toy itself and looks infinitely better.

That rabbit looks extremely depressed to and I don't know what is with the 1 butterfly?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Wedding-Castle-Playset-Princess-Candace-Palace-Play-Set-My-Little-Pony-NIB-/380977537001?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item58b407dfe9

please don't attempt to message me, I don't want to be anyone's friend on here.

Chishio Kunrin

I miss playsets that actually had room for you to play with the toys in.

That playset has enough room for the ponies to walk up the steps and stand on a tiny balcony, or go through a door to a tiny room.

Meanwhile, there are Barbie playsets that are an entire house!

Compare these MLP:FiM playsets:
Spoiler: show

to these Barbie house playsets:

The MLP playsets don't have to be huge like those Barbie playsets, but at least give them more substance than a wall and a tiny floor!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Mizuki

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 19, 04:35:13

That playset has enough room for the ponies to walk up the steps and stand on a tiny balcony, or go through a door to a tiny room.

The MLP playsets don't have to be huge like those Barbie playsets, but at least give them more substance than a wall and a tiny floor!

Even if Barbie has been falling out of cultural relevance for a while, Mattel always knew what they were doing in terms of toy stuff. I love Barbie playsets/vehicles! I remember my sisters and I would put a bunch of our Pokemon toys and some DBZ toys in a Pink Convertible :3

Plus I think their Ever After High toys look infinitely better than Equestria Girls do. idk EAH seem to have more detailed accessories and a visually appealing aesthetic, even the fashion actually LOOKS LIKE FASHION as apposed to layered messes of cheap fabric

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Aug 19, 06:03:53
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 19, 04:35:13

Even if Barbie has been falling out of cultural relevance for a while, Mattel always knew what they were doing in terms of toy stuff. I love Barbie playsets/vehicles! I remember my sisters and I would put a bunch of our Pokemon toys and some DBZ toys in a Pink Convertible :3

Plus I think their Ever After High toys look infinitely better than Equestria Girls do. idk EAH seem to have more detailed accessories and a visually appealing aesthetic, even the fashion actually LOOKS LIKE FASHION as apposed to layered messes of cheap fabric

Oh, definitely. The Monster High dolls, overall, look so much better than Equestria Girls dolls. Hasbro needs to realize that a franchise needs to be good across the board. Just because your TV show is successful, it doesn't mean you should put 1% effort into the toys!

If I buy one of those MLP playsets, what do I get? A pony and a cheap wall, and maybe a few tiny accessory toys. I don't want just one wall. I want a house or a castle or a shop! :l

AaronMk

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Bro1997

Honesty, I don't think Hasbro wants to spend the money to create decent, well quality made toys. If you ask me, G1 and G3 (Not G3.5) sadly were the best quality toys created for MLP. They had sets that had many parts and I think that more accessories were created during these times. Also, the ponies were bigger!!!! It's one thing that I don't like about G2, G3.5, and G4 is that the pony toys themselves aren't well made. They don't have much to them because Hasbro doesn't want to bother with quality. They care more about money. The ponies are smaller, not many accessories are released and it just isn't worth the amount you pay for them. I really do hope that G5 will be more like G1 and G3 with toy designs and quality then it's ancestors. G4 is a beloved generation for MLP, but not for it's toys themselves. At least G4 ponies had a brushable tail!  lol

dr.induction

thats pretty sad, unfortunately everything revolves around money.

Bro1997

Quote from: dr.induction on 2014 Aug 20, 06:07:01
thats pretty sad, unfortunately everything revolves around money.

Yeah, well that's what Hasbro wants. It's sad that G4 ponies can't be like G1 and G3. I would put pictures up, but I don't know how to under spoilers!

Zhai

2014 Aug 21, 00:07:25 #8 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 21, 00:12:32 by Zhai
^ its [ spoiler] [/ spoiler]  *with no spaces. or just the Sp button  X3

im glad im not the only one thinking it ayy

i specially dislike how EG dolls dont look like their artwork/movie desings at all. not the same eyes, they add lipstick... its just another face. they look like a monster high

it would be amazing a doll looking exactly like this

and not like this lmao O:

also i feel that pony toys barely have mane. they're almost bald?? o.O
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

Ramisha

That Fluttershy toy looks like something out of Guitar Hero...
The old pony toys were in my opinion a thousand times better. They had such great hair and the plastic they were made of is shiny. And I have a Scootaloo toy that comes with a working pony scooter. Beat that cheap new ponies.

Ahri

2014 Oct 05, 05:33:27 #10 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 05, 13:32:07 by Chishio Kunrin
If any of you guys actually buy this cheap crap, here is a place you can get the same thing for cheaper... just slower.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=ponuy&_ssn=xhrong222&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xpon&_nkw=pony&_sacat=0

Literally the same thing...

Coming from the same place anyway lloolol

I don't think I have same one American......OFFICALLY made good figure.... Heck even hot topic's stuff is garbage.

I bought several wrist bands and the Twilight one started to peel off LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-Derpy-Hooves-Plush-Backpack-Purse-wbr-Wallet-/161442079260?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
Horrific.

Same with the beeney babies.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TY-My-Little-Pony-Rainbow-Dash-Approximate-6-5-Plush-Toy-With-Tags-/151420659395?pt=Beanbag_Plush_US&hash=item23415fe6c3
the wings.

Then the real stuff:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/nmz883/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
but far far to expensive.

There was one guy selling full size ones for like 1 grand and one guy spent over 3 grand on one.

but that is just some regular people no Hasbro or companies.
Just want to add this ridiculousness
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MLP-FiM-comic-13-original-colored-pencil-Fluttershy-cover-art-by-LeekFish-/231351161027?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item35dd9a90c3
http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-Friendship-is-Magic-12-1-Million-variant-CGC-9-6-only-12-exist-/261566899811?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ce69a2663
Guess they're all on a budget.

-ReiMar-

Jeez. "MLP is for little girls, so we can make very low quality toys. Kiddos don't care anyway". That's their logic I guess.
>:/

Anyway, buy a pack of toys, take the packaging, put it on the shelf. BURN the toys. Pow, enjoy)
:]

Really, those bumheads should look at Touhou franchise. That one is the amazingest thing ever and fans made it such.
ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Oct 05, 05:33:27
If any of you guys actually buy this cheap crap, here is a place you can get the same thing for cheaper... just slower.

The Derpy backpack reminds me of Dumbo the elephant. o.O
At least the Beanie Babies' heads are shaped right. Though, I'm really not into brushable plushies. I like 4DE's plushies. So far, they only have Twilight Sparkle (unicorn, not alicorn) and Pinkie Pie, but they're apparently going to eventually start selling more. They remind me of the higher quality fan-made plushies, except these cost $25 instead of $100+.

I have some of the Funko figures that Hot Topic sells, and they seem pretty good.

Ahri

Uh...what? There heads are the worse part...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Oct 05, 16:43:00
Uh...what? There heads are the worse part...

It looked good in the other picture. :x
I think Pinkie is growing a tumor in her forehead.

Dark Hooves

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 05, 13:44:07
Oh, definitely. The Monster High dolls, overall, look so much better than Equestria Girls dolls. Hasbro needs to realize that a franchise needs to be good across the board. Just because your TV show is successful, it doesn't mean you should put 1% effort into the toys!

If I buy one of those MLP playsets, what do I get? A pony and a cheap wall, and maybe a few tiny accessory toys. I don't want just one wall. I want a house or a castle or a shop!

throw a MLP toy into an analyzer, results are 1% good 99% cheap peace of garbage

lol
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Go Up