What is a good plot for a MLP FIM theatrical movie?

Started by Bro1997, 2014 Aug 09, 00:30:25

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bro1997

Imagine if there was actually a movie based on the ponies and their adventures instead of Equestria Girls movies. What plot do you think would be dramatic and entertaining? I think they should have a movie where the entire Poniverse is going haywire (including the worlds of G1,G2, G3, and G3.5) and all the main ponies from the four generations team up to defeat a very nasty villain that is even stronger then Tirek was and save Ponyland and Equestria from total annihilation!!! The movie would be released in 2018 in honor of the 35th Anniversary of My Little Pony.

AaronMk

Some Martyrlestia

"I have given you all, Twilight. The elements, status, the means to find your true friends... Now the only thing left..."

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Bro1997

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 09, 01:19:11
Some Martyrlestia

"I have given you all, Twilight. The elements, status, the means to find your true friends... Now the only thing left..."

To become the new ruler of Equestria.

AaronMk

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 09, 11:57:38
Some Martyrlestia

To become the hero we all need, but do not want.

She shall press their tears into diamonds, and force us to carry them into battle. We're all Diamond Dogs now.

Bro1997

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 10, 02:06:45
Some Martyrlestia

She shall press their tears into diamonds, and force us to carry them into battle. We're all Diamond Dogs now.

I don't get it. Do they transform into diamond dogs or something? If you ask me, the plot idea I've given out is good enough for me. If you want something even more epic, how about Twilight Sparkle accidently being turned into stone or something. Kind of like how Ash Ketchum was in Pokémon the first movie when he sacrificed his own life for the Pokémon from the brutal treatment of Mewtwo and Mew's fierce battle.

cloudwilk

Hm. I have thought about this quite some. If EG isn't what I want, what do I want?

Well, let's keep them ponies. I'm a particular fan of quadrupeds. By the time the movie is released, it has to have the same elements as whatever happened most recently in the show but it can't be something that people would have to watch to understand the rest of the show or have to of watched the show to understand.

By the time of this movie, we can already assume Twilight is comfortable with her position in her new castle and (if storyboard predictions are right)
I'll put the rest in spoilers so that people who don't want to see the storyboards or anything having to do with season 5 don't have to.
Spoiler: show
 has this magic map to see where trouble is brewing so that the mane6 can go there and fix their problems.

So, to the movie idea. Perhaps it will start out as another mission to go and save friendship and whatever but the mission didn't turn out as planned. It still looked like everypony turned out fine but secretly somepony was still holding revenge. Cue the anti-elements of harmony. A sort of cult held in the forests. With the anti-elements finally getting united they are able to finally rise. They have been slipping under the radar the whole time because they left a temporary effect that made things look alright. But it's not, and when that time comes everything falls apart. Twilight finds that she has to seek help from the lands far off from Equestria. Saddle Arabia, land of the griffons, the whatnot. Maybe even the dragons will help since it is their land and they need to live there. Whichever the case, the anti-elements power is spreading causing a whole global affair with Twilight Sparkle and her pals on a mission to save it.

It has to be something theater worthy, and that seems theater worthy to me. 

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 13, 07:47:48
Hm. I have thought about this quite some. If EG isn't what I want, what do I want?

Well, let's keep them ponies. I'm a particular fan of quadrupeds. By the time the movie is released, it has to have the same elements as whatever happened most recently in the show but it can't be something that people would have to watch to understand the rest of the show or have to of watched the show to understand.

By the time of this movie, we can already assume Twilight is comfortable with her position in her new castle and (if storyboard predictions are right)
I'll put the rest in spoilers so that people who don't want to see the storyboards or anything having to do with season 5 don't have to.
Spoiler: show
 has this magic map to see where trouble is brewing so that the mane6 can go there and fix their problems.

So, to the movie idea. Perhaps it will start out as another mission to go and save friendship and whatever but the mission didn't turn out as planned. It still looked like everypony turned out fine but secretly somepony was still holding revenge. Cue the anti-elements of harmony. A sort of cult held in the forests. With the anti-elements finally getting united they are able to finally rise. They have been slipping under the radar the whole time because they left a temporary effect that made things look alright. But it's not, and when that time comes everything falls apart. Twilight finds that she has to seek help from the lands far off from Equestria. Saddle Arabia, land of the griffons, the whatnot. Maybe even the dragons will help since it is their land and they need to live there. Whichever the case, the anti-elements power is spreading causing a whole global affair with Twilight Sparkle and her pals on a mission to save it.

It has to be something theater worthy, and that seems theater worthy to me. 

Good idea for a plot, but I don't think that a movie is getting released just after Season 5. I actually said the movie would be out by 2018 so things in the show might be different if it's reaches that point. I'd like a movie where the main characters from the four generations (We are on G4 right now) get together and use their powers together to defeat a global force, like the anti-elements of harmony. The anti-elements of harmony would reach Ponyland and whichever other lands MLP has been in over the last 31 years and try to conquer and control all the populations of the Pony World. The Mane 6, Core 7, and other groups of ponies would team up to stop the villain behind all this.

cloudwilk

That'd be weird for all gen's to team up. Interesting, of course. Might create some conflicts. (I remember that part of the problem when FiM was being created was that they couldn't use some of the names from G1 for some odd reason having to do with copyrights. I know its weird since Hasbro's the one that should own them... and that's exactly how I remember that. It was weird.)
Of course more will happen in the future and I don't think we'd get a movie like this after season 5 XD I was just trying to use all I already know to gauge a plausibility. I don't think it will change to the point where my idea can be thrown out entirely. At least tid-bits could be similar.  8)

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 13, 18:49:54
That'd be weird for all gen's to team up. Interesting, of course. Might create some conflicts. (I remember that part of the problem when FiM was being created was that they couldn't use some of the names from G1 for some odd reason having to do with copyrights. I know its weird since Hasbro's the one that should own them... and that's exactly how I remember that. It was weird.)
Of course more will happen in the future and I don't think we'd get a movie like this after season 5 XD I was just trying to use all I already know to gauge a plausibility. I don't think it will change to the point where my idea can be thrown out entirely. At least tid-bits could be similar.  8)

Well, we can't really determine if Season 5 will be the last season of FIM either. Something tells me that when FIM was being created, Hasbro didn't entirely own the rights to the names of G1's ponies. Heck, only Applejack and Tirek I think are the only G1 names to be preserved. They wanted more elements from G3 because it's more recent (Keep in mind that G1 stopped in 1995) and I think it would also confuse long time fans of MLP from the very beginning. Yeah, it would be weird for the generations to team up but I was thinking about all the main ponies for example G4's Mane 6 and G3/G3.5's Core 7 teaming up alongside the main ponies from G1 and G2 because they all are connected and were the chosen ones to save the Poniverse from the Anti-Elements of Harmony. It would be animated in a life like CGI animation and would also introduced the later G5 team of ponies. IDK, since it's being released in 2018 and G4 will end in 2019 then it's good to at least introduced us to the next generation while appreciating the past 35 years of MLP and the four generations that entertained us with it.

AaronMk

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 11, 16:07:12
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 10, 02:06:45
Some Martyrlestia

I don't get it. Do they transform into diamond dogs or something?

This is why you should get broadened horizons. There is maybe one guy here who I know would get what joke I was trying to make. Learn you some Kojima.

Snow Crystals

I think they should make a mystery,thriller, action, adventure, fantasy, and romance  movie

The plot would be

Can twilight sparkle save her friends from a mastermind pony be for he rules over equestria and become king in all the lands and dimensions.

Go Up