Why are Ponies generally acceptable only by little girls?

Started by Bro1997, 2014 Aug 02, 11:59:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bro1997

It seems to me that the Brony fandom is one of the most controversial fandoms out there along with the ABDL fandom only because of the whole "Ponies are for Little Girls" thing. Why is that? How come for so many decades have ponies in general been something that has bothered people and have thought is generally considered weird and socially unacceptable by the male gender and by older audiences just because it talks about magic and has bright colors and stuff? To me, it doesn't make much since at all why boys can't like it too! All I know is that since World War II, the color pink was intended to mean girls and blue to mean boys and it just doesn't make any sense at all. I don't get this world of ours sometimes when it comes to politics, religion, fandoms, and etc. Comment on what you think makes all of this happen.

Midnight Breeze

It's just societal evolution. Over long periods of time something comes to be associate with a certain group of humans, in the case of ponies that group is young females. Eventually, it becomes socially unacceptable for those outside the group to use/associate with it. It's really that simple. Just nature.

It's like how wheelchairs are associated with the physically disabled. Most people would consider it lazy and strange for a non-crippled person to roll around in a wheelchair, wouldn't we? Yes we all ride motorbikes and no one bats an eye.

Bro1997

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Aug 02, 12:14:57
It's just societal evolution. Over long periods of time something comes to be associate with a certain group of humans, in the case of ponies that group is young females. Eventually, it becomes socially unacceptable for those outside the group to use/associate with it. It's really that simple. Just nature.

It's like how wheelchairs are associated with the physically disabled. Most people would consider it lazy and strange for a non-crippled person to roll around in a wheelchair, wouldn't we? Yes we all ride motorbikes and no one bats an eye.

I've read that the idea of ponies being associated with young females or little girls started back in the late 1920s when something called "pony books" came out. I never read any of these books, but I'm certain they probably just attracted young girls more then boys and that they were intended to be read at a younger level. The first of these books was called Black Beauty and was written back in 1877! As a result, it started to become that boys would be treated differently if they read something about ponies then girls were and after World War II it probably became even more segregated. Young females even today seem to enjoy the idea of taking care of real ponies which I'm sure younger boys do enjoy as well. I don't know if this history is actually correct as the idea of ponies being associated with young females could've went as far back as medieval times. I'm guessing it's just evolution of social traits that our great-grandparents passed down to the younger generations and will continue to be that way unless we convince the next generation to like ponies and to aim ponies at all ages and both genders. It's just that tomboys seem to be treated much better then tomgirls or girly boys and that sometimes you might be called gay or homosexual if you enjoy things intended for girls. It's really sad if you think about it since they're are girls who like boy things and that boys should have the right to enjoy girl things as well.

spiritwolf98

More little girls are attracted to magical colorful ponies! As well, I still watch the show, IM NOT LITTLE ANYMORE!  >:O

Post Merge

Whoops the lag there!
You can't change the past. However, if you change the present, you have changed the future.-me

Go Up