Half-Unicorn, Half-Dragon Adventuress: Serpent Scale

Started by -ReiMar-, 2014 Jun 16, 14:03:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jun 21, 15:31:31
The only thing I would suggest is to not make her ancient. It's cliche for me when something is before everything. That is a lot of time (more than 2,000 years). We don't know even if the most powerful ponies (Luna and Celestia) could live that long much less Dragons who have much less magical power. Plus there was no Equestria before the unification and even after it Discord came to power and they weren't exactly happy.

She's not "ancient" in that meaning. She didn't live all that time. She was a normal pony, 27 years old. Then she turned into an egg and existed like that in magical stasis. After that, she had to live her life again, with wiped memory. If you count her total existance, that'll make her 47 years old. And Serpent Scale is just 20 years old)
:D

As for Ancient Equestria...Ponies moved in and settled their differences. They created Equestria that day. Remember that episode with Wendigos?) So. For sometime there was peace. Scales was born and lived during that time. After she got...Eggified?...all the bad things happened. Crystal Empire got taken over by Sombra. Some time after that Discord turned Equestria into his domain. Many years passed, and Elements of Harmony were found by Celestia and Luna. They then dealt with Discord, and some time later with Sombra.
I done my homework on History of Equestria)) X)
:]

Night Pony

The thing about Equestria's history is that it's unclear. We only know how Equestria was created. We do not know when the empire was founded/discovered, when Discord came to rule and etc.
Also it feels that 2000+ years is too long for such a process. I'd think she'll die for that time rather than emerge alive like nothing happened (in a matter of speaking).
Remember that Twilight Sparkle needed a few seconds (and not a great deal magic power by the looks of it) to change the races of all of the mane6 without any memory loss. So that's my opinion anyway... Equestria's history has many uncertainties (more like a few certainties) and 2,000+ years is way to long for a pony to be alive unless she's in the caliber of the princesses.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jun 21, 15:57:17
The thing about Equestria's history is that it's unclear. We only know how Equestria was created. We do not know when the empire was founded/discovered, when Discord came to rule and etc.
Also it feels that 2000+ years is too long for such a process. I'd think she'll die for that time rather than emerge alive like nothing happened (in a matter of speaking).
Remember that Twilight Sparkle needed a few seconds (and not a great deal magic power by the looks of it) to change the races of all of the mane6 without any memory loss. So that's my opinion anyway... Equestria's history has many uncertainties (more like a few certainties) and 2,000+ years is way to long for a pony to be alive unless she's in the caliber of the princesses.

How do you explain anything hard to explain? "MAGIC")) X) I thought that the change itself took a little time, the Egg just kept her safe until all of the disasters passed. But then it just kept going and all. M. I'll leave this weak point~
X3

Well...I know for sure that Crystal Empire existed longer than Equestria. And it also fell to Sombra's rule earlier or at the same time as Discord took over Equestria. Only later Regal Sisters came. They used Elements on Discord immideatly after their discovery. And Sombra was dealt with when they became rulers of Equestria. This order of events is reasonable. Everything on top of this, like Crystal Fair being visited by residents of Equestria, is my own making and non-canon)

GlassMirror

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jun 21, 15:31:31
The only thing I would suggest is to not make her ancient. It's cliche for me when something is before everything. That is a lot of time (more than 2,000 years). We don't know even if the most powerful ponies (Luna and Celestia) could live that long much less Dragons who have much less magical power. Plus there was no Equestria before the unification and even after it Discord came to power and they weren't exactly happy.

But the history of Relic's origins was 6,000 years ago. Plus, if your half a dragon, half a pony, then you will sometimes have other things that other normal ponies don't have.  if you have the genes of a dragon, then the life expectancy will range to at least 2 to 3 centuries (200 to 300 years). but yes, 2,000+ years is a lot, unless there's a certain reason for living that long. Like for Relic, he has a reason. ;)

Night Pony

But we do not know how long a normal dragon lives. And it's logical that they would live less than Princesses who posses great magical power since Dragons have less magic than them.

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jun 21, 16:30:21
But we do not know how long a normal dragon lives. And it's logical that they would live less than Princesses who posses great magical power since Dragons have less magic than them.

Dragons may live longer not because of magic, but because of physiology)
Still, she was in Stasis. Let's take it that "Magic" kept her alive all this time, without food and stuff. Protected from the dangers of Discord's rule and shadowfolk later on. And she hatched when...Idea! Her soon to be stepparents entered the cave and magic released Scale from its protection)

GlassMirror

a normal dragon lives up to 3 centuries

Night Pony

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Jun 21, 16:42:58

That is from a source from MLP : FiM?  o.O If not we cannot be sure they followed basic mythology.

GlassMirror

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jun 21, 16:49:42

That is from a source from MLP : FiM?  o.O If not we cannot be sure they followed basic mythology.

it's not, but from all the dragons stories I have read, and doing research, I found that they can live that long, even more. there mystical creatures. but idk how long they live in the mlp fim universe X3

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jun 21, 16:49:42

These are Dragons. In every mythology they can live for at least a few centuries) ^^ 2 minimum)) Hell, Granny Smith is actually 2 centuries old (official info). Surely Dragon can outlive an old pony)) ^^''

Naura

Quote from: -ReiMar- on 2014 Jun 16, 14:03:20
Magic Color: Red

Not to ruin all the nice work you've done here, but the magic is the same colours as the eyes, just look at Rarity, Sweetiebelle, Twilight and other Oc's.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Night Pony

Quote from: Naura on 2014 Jun 26, 11:21:21

Not to ruin all the nice work you've done here, but the magic is the same colours as the eyes, just look at Rarity, Sweetiebelle, Twilight and other Oc's.

Tell that to Celestia.  =P

Naura

Yeah, that is the only pony I've seen with magic that is not like its eye color, just because she's god shouldn't mean she can change the rules like that... >.<
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Naura on 2014 Jun 26, 11:21:21

Ah, so that what defines it...hmm, nice to know. Still, Celestia do have different eyes, but I guess that's a Demi-God thing)) X)
lol

Still, Scale is a messed up hybrid, her magic represents Dragon Fire, so the color turned red. But now I may try think up what color she had before)) X)

GoldenTerrabyte

2014 Jun 26, 22:33:57 #34 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 26, 22:36:24 by Yellowpikmin476
Nope. Twilight's eyes are purple. Her magic is the same color as the stripe in her mane.

Post Merge

As well as the color of her cutie mark. and Rarity's is bright cyan, like he cutie mark. The cutie mark defines it! Except early in the show, their magic DID match their cutie mark. They all did get their cutie mark at the same time. Sweetie Belle's magic is her eye color. I conclude the magic starts matching the eyes, but seems to change after having had a cutie mark for a certain amount of time!
I'm back

Grizzly

Isn't a half unicorn half dragon called a Kirin (or Quirin)? Anyway, i like the design, visually pleasing :3
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Grizzly on 2014 Jun 27, 00:04:54
Isn't a half unicorn half dragon called a Kirin (or Quirin)? Anyway, i like the design, visually pleasing :3

Yup, they are) Kirin has Dragon father and Pony mother, while Quilin's parents are vice versa)
Still, she's a magical hybrid, not a trueborn, so I don't think I am justified to call her Kirin.

Best way to put it, she's more of a Chimera. As that creature is actually different creatures fused together, so is Scale. Although she's not actually fused with Dragon. More like she was magically reconstructed to resemble one.

-ReiMar-

Go Up