2017 May 29, 21:27:29

Author Topic: Guren no Yumiya (Singers needed!)  (Read 2453 times)

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA!!
    • View Profile
Guren no Yumiya (Singers needed!)
« on: 2014 Jun 09, 09:10:21 »
Hello everyone, HunterOfTheDark here with a song that would be cool for all of us to cover! For those of you familiar with the hit anime Attack on Titan, you will also be familiar with the opening theme song 'Guren no Yumiya'. I recently found an English cover of the song, with an instrumental, that I think would be a great group cover. Below you'll find the lyrics in the spoiler, along with the English cover of the song. If you are interested, choose one of the solo lines and post it on the thread, once all the lines are taken, I will explain what happens next. If you have any questions, feel free to post it below, or PM me about it.

Hope to see you all join! :D

Guren no Yumiya English cover
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTGElV-2GQk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTGElV-2GQk</a>
Guren no Yumiya Lyrics
(EVERYONE) Are they the prey? No, we are the hunters!

(SOLO) Our names won't be remembered

(SOLO) If we die like trampled flowers

(SOLO) I refuse to be forgotten

(SOLO) Written off as less than worthless

(SOLO) Scream and cry

(SOLO) But none will hear you

(SOLO) Plead and beg

(SOLO) But none will help you

(SOLO) You no longer live as cattle

(SOLO) Will you rise and join the battle?

(EVERYONE) There are beings that live off of fears
(EVERYONE) And their words are like knives
(EVERYONE) As they play with our lives
(EVERYONE) They'll try to control you
(EVERYONE) As if they own you
(EVERYONE) Will you let them steal your freedom?

(EVERYONE) Channel the anger swelling inside you
(EVERYONE) Fighting the boundary 'till you break through
(EVERYONE) Deep in your soul there's no hesitation
(EVERYONE) So make yourself the one they all fear

(EVERYONE) There is a wild fire inside you
(EVERYONE) Burning desire you can't extinguish
(EVERYONE) Your crimson arrow
(EVERYONE) Rips through the twilight
(EVERYONE) This is the moment for war
« Last Edit: 2014 Jun 16, 23:00:28 by HunterOfTheDark »
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Offline PrincessButton

• HR Leader
  • The user formerly known as "Pinkie Pie"
    • View Profile
Re: Guren no Yumiya (Singers needed!)
« Reply #1 on: 2014 Jun 10, 14:06:51 »
Whoa, I've never heard the English version before, it's really cool! I'd be interested in participating.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Offline Naura

• Been stealing and given others candy since 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014 Jun 10, 15:21:25 »
How do you cover this? ((I'm new in this section, please tell me all about it  o_O))
Feel free to check out my Oc page!

Offline ChibiGrrl

• Not Active Here Much Anymore...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014 Jun 10, 16:44:53 »
An english version of the intro from my favorite anime of all time? Sign me up! :D

Will we be using SoundCloud for this too?

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014 Jun 10, 22:26:13 »
How do you cover this? ((I'm new in this section, please tell me all about it  o_O))
OK, what you do is record yourself singing whichever section you either choose, or are assigned. Then save the recording as an MP3, and send it to me for editing. Pretty simple really.

An english version of the intro from my favorite anime of all time? Sign me up! :D

Will we be using SoundCloud for this too?
Yep, I use SoundCloud for everything.

One more thing for all of you, the way I'm doing this will be similar to the set-up of an event called KHV Chorus on a different forum. Here quote explaining how it works:

Quote from KHV Chorus rules (the ones relevant to this project)
1 ) Send your lines to me via PM in MP3 format.
2 ) The lines labeled 'EVERYONE' should be recorded by everyone.
3 ) Once a line is striked / struck out, it means it's not available anymore.
4 ) Please RESERVE your lines before you record. You can post in the thread with what lines you want.
5 ) When you send your lines to me, you must have your lines timed to the instrumental in ONE long file! TIMED TO THE INSTRUMENTAL! PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME YOUR LINES IN ONE FILE BUT BACK TO BACK. INCLUDE THE SILENCES!
6 ) Once again...TIME your vocals. Sing to the TIMING of the song. Sing to the song.
7 ) Remember that I don't actually want to hear the song behind your vocals. If you sing along, wear headphones so your mic doesn't pick it up OR have the song really low while you record. If I hear it, the audience will too and that makes it sound bad.
8 ) Please read don't pick lines that are back to back. (ex. 1, 2, 3, 4) Space them out throughout the song.
9 )Please help fill out the song. If you have the time, please pick the maximum amount of solos (2 solos). REMEMBER to record the LINES LABELED 'EVERYONE'. Otherwise, when the group sings together, your voice will not be included.
10 ) Anyone can sing the lines marked 'EVERYONE', but I'm less likely to fit you into the song credits if the only thing you sang were the lines for 'EVERYONE'.
11 ) If you sing the entire song, send me one version with JUST YOUR LINES and another with all of the lines. It's a hassle to cut them up and the entire process takes longer. Please. I. Just. Want. Your. Lines.
12 ) DO NOT send me your lines in a long file WITHOUT TIMING. Space them out with the instrumental. No back to back lines meaning singing "the seaweed is always greener in somebody elses lake, under the seeeea, the carp plays the harp" etc, please don't. Sing your lines, and only your lines, and let the silence stay there.
12 ) Please don't sing lines that aren't yours unless they're in another file that you send. Just sing your lines. Only your lines.
13 ) Lines labled 'EVERYONE' = sing them please? ;c It won't sound as good if we don't have everyone singing

Hope this helped if you aren't sure what you're doing :D
« Last Edit: 2014 Jun 10, 22:27:46 by HunterOfTheDark »
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Offline ChibiGrrl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014 Jun 10, 22:43:47 »
Two quick questions, 1) Am I right to assume that the last three verses are for Everyone?

2) I haven't upgraded to a new mic yet but I'll clean/edit it to make it as best as possible, will that be okay?

I'll practice a bit singing alternating verses before uploading the finished product :)

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014 Jun 10, 22:52:18 »
Two quick questions, 1) Am I right to assume that the last three verses are for Everyone?

2) I haven't upgraded to a new mic yet but I'll clean/edit it to make it as best as possible, will that be okay?

I'll practice a bit singing alternating verses before uploading the finished product :)

Yep, that's right, the last three verses, which I like to think of as the chorus, are for everyone to sing, along with the first line at the start, which I translated to english for the sake of being consistent.

Offline Naura

• Been stealing and given others candy since 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014 Jun 11, 05:32:23 »
Sad I got a bad voice for these things :(
Feel free to check out my Oc page!

Offline NyaKittyLulu

• I'm a Pegasister and a Otaku >.<
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014 Jun 11, 14:30:03 »
This is proof that i sang and can help :)
https://soundcloud.com/teres-kwong/sasha-guren-no-yumiya-cover
Sorry If i have a soft voice.

Offline ChibiGrrl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014 Jun 16, 22:04:34 »
Got my recording gear primed for this! I'll be singing lines 2 and 4 (and the "everyone" verses) in my SoundCloud sample :D

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014 Jun 16, 22:57:38 »
Got my recording gear primed for this! I'll be singing lines 2 and 4 (and the "everyone" verses) in my SoundCloud sample :D

That sounds good!

Well, since you sent me a recording of the whole song, I can only add the part that everyone sings.

Offline NyaKittyLulu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014 Jun 19, 23:57:53 »

That sounds good!

Well, since you sent me a recording of the whole song, I can only add the part that everyone sings.

Ok... Here!!!
https://soundcloud.com/teres-kwong/sasha-guren-no-yumiya-cover-1

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014 Jun 23, 12:13:16 »
Alright, just giving this a bump, and Princess Button, if its no trouble, could you please tell me what lines you're wanting to take, as well as try to get more people to join this? Please and thank you! ^-^

Offline NyaKittyLulu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014 Jun 23, 18:51:28 »
I'll take the everyone part! And sure! I'll get some of my Bronies/Pegasisters/pony friends to help out ^^

Offline PrincessButton

• HR Leader
  • The user formerly known as "Pinkie Pie"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2014 Jul 01, 14:47:28 »
Alright, just giving this a bump, and Princess Button, if its no trouble, could you please tell me what lines you're wanting to take, as well as try to get more people to join this? Please and thank you! ^-^
I'm sorry for not being around sooner, but I won't actually have time to participate in this collaboration. Good luck finishing it though~!  :D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]