Episodes you want in Season 5?

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2014 May 27, 20:09:10

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I wouldn't mind if they did an episode where Rainbow Dash befriends a stallion who's as competitive as she is, and everything's great until she finds out he's sexist. She has to figure out what to do about her new friend thinking things like "girls can't be into sports" and stuff. Maybe, meanwhile, there's a mini background story about Big Macintosh hiding that he occasionally plays with dolls.

Basically, an episode where the lesson is that you should accept that your friend likes things that aren't considered to be for their gender. Gender shouldn't matter when it comes to likes and dislikes. And I'm not saying this because of bronies. I ended up annoyed with this 7-year-old girl I know who watches MLP with her nephew, but when it comes to doing something like planning a tea party with a princess recipe book, she tells him to go away because princesses and tea parties are for girls. *Facepalm*

Plus, it'd be funny to have a moment with Big Macintosh being asked if he's seen Applebloom's doll and going wide-eyed and sweaty, replying "Uhh, nnnope!"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

blobking156

Rant mode: engage

I don't really want fan-pampering, (though it is nice once in awhile) i want plot advancement and episodes for everypony. and not this-thing-will-sell-toys-so-we-will-put-it-in, though, what's a toy company running several television shows to do other than that. i do want to see more rarity episodes, and i like the amount of episodes spike is getting to make up for his previous lack of them, but Rarity needs some, too. AJ's also been getting more lately, but just as always, a co-star. And everybody says Twi's in the spotlight, but in reality, she's not had any non-opening/finale episodes where she's not just in there because she fits a role. i get it how her two normal episodes in S4, she's teaching others, there's not been one where she's teaching... everypony, or something

Rant mode deactivated.

Mizuki

I love that idea, Chishio! :3

As for other episodes I'd like to see...

I always wanted them to have a beach episode that results in the CMC meeting Sea Ponies! I mean the mane 6 would be there too, but I imagine the CMC wondering off too far, making a little sea pony/merpony friend, then get dragged into an underwater adventure while the older ponies have to either find them or are none the wiser! lol Dunno what lesson they'd learn at the end though.

Trying to think of something in terms of friendship lessons...I feel like even some good lessons tend to go over bronies' heads like in Feeling Pinkie Keen >:/ Too many bros were crying over semantics instead of actually listening to the point that the writers were trying to make.

I think an episode about "nice guys" and entitlement issues would be a good lesson to learn though 0:)

Oh also if the writers actually learned how to do "season long story arcs" correctly and knew how world building "actually works", I'd be pretty stoked!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Midnight Breeze

I'd like to see Rainbow Dash be a bit less of a one-dimensional character, honestly. As my memory serves me just about all of her episodes revolve around athletics. What is she, a savant?

MrEmu

Something with Princess Cadance and Shining armor that's NOT a season starter/final, I mean those are awesome and all but I'd like to see them more casual! :D

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 May 27, 20:27:02
I love that idea, Chishio! :3

As for other episodes I'd like to see...

I always wanted them to have a beach episode that results in the CMC meeting Sea Ponies! I mean the mane 6 would be there too, but I imagine the CMC wondering off too far, making a little sea pony/merpony friend, then get dragged into an underwater adventure while the older ponies have to either find them or are none the wiser! lol Dunno what lesson they'd learn at the end though.

Trying to think of something in terms of friendship lessons...I feel like even some good lessons tend to go over bronies' heads like in Feeling Pinkie Keen >:/ Too many bros were crying over semantics instead of actually listening to the point that the writers were trying to make.

I think an episode about "nice guys" and entitlement issues would be a good lesson to learn though 0:)

Oh also if the writers actually learned how to do "season long story arcs" correctly and knew how world building "actually works", I'd be pretty stoked!

A seapony episode would be pretty interesting.
A nice guy episode could be balanced with Fluttershy being an example of what a real nice guy is like. Being nice just because it's the right thing to do, not because you want to get something out of it!

I think they're afraid to do a real season-long story arc because kids aren't quite so used to trying to tune in for every single episode so they'll know what's going on next week.

WalterWrap2000

Babs Seed returns with some of her CMC branch.  ^-^

On a less realistic note, I want a 2-parter about an inter-dimensional portal that links Friendship is Witchcraft's Equestria to the regular Equestria, and the Mane 6 duke it out with the other Mane 6 and beat the other Mane 6 to a pulp (with Discord involved somehow.)   ovO
"We have a happy Spring, and Summer, and Fall. Can't Winter be happy too?" -Snowdrop

*crying forcefully* "Yes, Snowdrop. Yes it can." -Walter Wrap

LostSanity

I can't think of anything. I'll post here if I ever think of something though.

It really doesn't matter though.

I'm sure the season will be great either way, like it always is.

^-^
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Feral Inferno

It might have been done to death, (and it may be too late since Twilight is an alicorn now) but I would have loved to see an episode where their races somehow changed.

Tiger

All I want is a Rainbow Dash solo song. Every single other mane 6 character has had one or more of their own solo songs already, except RD. There are even side characters or one/two-episode characters that get songs of their own, but not Rainbow Dash.

I mean, that's just unfair...

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

MrEmu

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 May 29, 09:51:10
All I want is a Rainbow Dash solo song. Every single other mane 6 character has had one or more of their own solo songs already, except RD. There are even side characters or one/two-episode characters that get songs of their own, but not Rainbow Dash.

I mean, that's just unfair...
I couldn't agree more... :c

snowflurry

lets see:

- An episode that focuses on Luna and Celestia (hopefully 1 for each) (be it a everyday life episode or an important event)

- A Luna solo song

- An episode about Zecora, and learn about her past and about zebra society

- Return of chrysalis and the changeling, and hopefully showing that changelings aren't all evil/evil by nature. (for I see that feeding on love isn't exactly evil, but the opposite, to survive purely on love sounds kind of romantic (if a bit sappy), and that chrysalis only wanted to feed the changelings. It was feed or die, albeit the way she went about it was quite dark). Maybe the changeling could come to an understanding/truce and start integrating into equestrian society. (good message about (not) stereotyping). (While I loved the season 2 finale, it didn't show any changeling as good and have been labeled as evil)

while I have thought of more before I cant quite recall them at the moment  o.O so if I remember or think of more I will add them later

AaronMk

Flash Sentry has an episode that climaxes at a solo, ponified rendition of "I Want to Fight Your Father".

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Icy Shield

2014 May 31, 07:04:32 #13 Last Edit: 2014 May 31, 07:16:48 by Icy Shield
More History of ancient Equestria. I wanna see Star Swirl the Bearded. His relationships with princesses and his studies with arcane magics. Also fully focused episode for Princess Celestia and Luna

Post Merge

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 May 31, 00:21:57
Flash Sentry has an episode that climaxes at a solo, ponified rendition of "I Want to Fight Your Father".

They said that EQG would not effect the main series of the show and therefore that character should stay as background pony (or no appereance at all >:O )

Let it snow!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: snowflurry on 2014 May 30, 09:52:14
- Return of chrysalis and the changeling, and hopefully showing that changelings aren't all evil/evil by nature. (for I see that feeding on love isn't exactly evil, but the opposite, to survive purely on love sounds kind of romantic (if a bit sappy), and that chrysalis only wanted to feed the changelings. It was feed or die, albeit the way she went about it was quite dark). Maybe the changeling could come to an understanding/truce and start integrating into equestrian society. (good message about (not) stereotyping). (While I loved the season 2 finale, it didn't show any changeling as good and have been labeled as evil)

I think the reason the ponies don't like the changelings is because they're pretty much parasites. It seems that, when they feed on a pony's love, they weaken the pony. Shining Armor was too weak to perform a single spell when Chrysalis was done with him.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 31, 11:14:29

I think the reason the ponies don't like the changelings is because they're pretty much parasites. It seems that, when they feed on a pony's love, they weaken the pony. Shining Armor was too weak to perform a single spell when Chrysalis was done with him.

No, I think they dislike the changelings because Chrysalis tried to enslave Equestria. If it were just a matter of them needing changelings needing the ponies' love to survive it would be understandable, they can't help their biological needs. But that wasn't the case. Chrysalis wanted to control and enslave the ponies, to use and abuse them.

If Chrysalis had come to Celestia and asked "Princess, my people need your help. We can't survive without Equestria's love. Can't we come to some agreement?" Then I could certainly see the ponies helping them how they could. But instead she came to Equestria like "Mhuahahaha! I rule you all now! Bow to your new queen, my kindling!" Yeah, that's not how it works....

Sorry, but at worst she's evil, and at best she's seriously misguided if she thought that was the best way to accomplish things.

AaronMk

2014 May 31, 18:11:00 #16 Last Edit: 2014 May 31, 18:13:47 by AaronMk
Quote from: Icy Shield on 2014 May 31, 07:04:32

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 May 31, 00:21:57

They said that EQG would not effect the main series of the show and therefore that character should stay as background pony (or no appereance at all >:O )

Still want to see Flash take center stage in a cut-up Tesco bag for a mask.

And don't you know? you're not supposed to...

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Icy Shield

Who are Beliebers? Google translator couldn't answear that  :s

Let it snow!

snowflurry

2014 Jun 01, 10:30:30 #18 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 01, 10:40:37 by snowflurry
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 31, 11:22:19
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 31, 11:14:29

No, I think they dislike the changelings because Chrysalis tried to enslave Equestria. If it were just a matter of them needing changelings needing the ponies' love to survive it would be understandable, they can't help their biological needs. But that wasn't the case. Chrysalis wanted to control and enslave the ponies, to use and abuse them.

If Chrysalis had come to Celestia and asked "Princess, my people need your help. We can't survive without Equestria's love. Can't we come to some agreement?" Then I could certainly see the ponies helping them how they could. But instead she came to Equestria like "Mhuahahaha! I rule you all now! Bow to your new queen, my kindling!" Yeah, that's not how it works....

Sorry, but at worst she's evil, and at best she's seriously misguided if she thought that was the best way to accomplish things.

that sort of what I was meaning, the fact that chrysalis and the changeling needed to feed isn't evil, the way she went about it is, and that the changeling shouldn't be considered evil because of their queen's actions. And while her actions where quite evil, The intent behind it was somewhat good (feed her people), even though she didn't care who got harmed to achieve it (Ends justify the means). Sorry I'm not the best at explaining things. I'm just hoping for an episode that shows this, and maybe for them to show that chrysalis isn't completely evil, that she has a good side (I quite liked how for the earlier enemies/villains that they showed that they weren't completely evil, and they had good and bad sides and that what pushed them to their actions/what lead them to be the way they are. Even if its just a small amount of hinters or a short mention)

I've felt that changelings have quite a lot of potential and just labeling them as evil because of what they are seems quite a waste (as well as not quite the kind of message the show is trying to portray) it doesn't have to involve all changelings, but a simple "not all changelings are evil" theme wouldn't hurt. As well as "not to hate something/someone because of one bad experience/event/action"

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Icy Shield on 2014 Jun 01, 08:15:20
Who are Beliebers? Google translator couldn't answear that  :s

It doesn't really matter at this point; I don't think anyone Beliebs in him anymore. All the man does anymore is rob stores and pee on everything in sight.

Go Up