Chibalt's Original Characters

Started by Chibalt, 2014 May 18, 13:11:27

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chibalt

2014 May 18, 13:11:27 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 05, 18:50:17 by Chibalt
If you're wondering, some of my characters are fairly combat-oriented, this does not mean they're "fight-junkies" or anything silly like that though, unless specifically mentioned.

Not everything here's necessarily gonna be true 100% of the time, I may adjust it depending on RPs I am in and such.

If I'm making any logical errors or otherwise then please do tell me, would be nice to get any errors fixed sooner rather than later.

Tundra Wind
Spoiler: show
Name: Tundra Wind

Species: Earth pony

Occupation: Rune research mainly, also tends to take comissions for enchanting items with runework.

Personality: Intelligent, Kind and prefers to give others the benefit of the doubt in many situations. Is fairly easily angered when friends or family are threatened or insulted in some way, regardless of if they are actually present or not, though insults towards Tundra himself usually do not get much more of a reaction than perhaps a chuckle or witty comment, he can at times be overly trusting however.

Apperance: http://d.facdn.net/art/darcain/1400428737.darcain_hirestundra.png
Note: He has a few scars in various places on his body from tinkering with runes and having them blow up while doing so, most of them are usually hidden by his cloak save the largest one, a fairly thin scar going from his collarbone(Or whatever the pony equalient is) to just below his left eye, one he has kept more for looks than anything else.

Cutie Mark: A silvery orb circled by runes.

Talents: Natural affinity for rune magic, he is skilled enough to do something like plant runes just by touching something, though usually requires a moment of preperation. His magic reservoir is also extremely large, though naturally unstable and prone to changing it's type temporarily provided the right requirements are met, this does not however magically give him knowledge on how to use spells exclusive to that type though.

Other: He usually wears a grey-black plain sorcerer's cloak with a rarely-used hood, more for convenience than anything else. The edges of it are tattered but the cloak itself is highly durable and can repair itself slowly as time passes, it also is enchanted with copious protection spells, functioning handily as a complete shield against weak spells and a dampener for stronger ones along with being water and fire-proof, it leaves physical attacks almost unaffected however.

Tundra Wind has a strange mutatuion of earth pony magic, his magic growing in small, constant pulses almost akin to a heartbeat and rebuilding spent magic in almost the same manner but at significantly higher speeds, quick enough to refill his entire reserve of magic in a day or two if not resting, a night if he is. this can be slowed down significantly if his regenerative properties are active as well, increasing the time needed to several days of rest, or almost a full week without.
He has a fairly effective healing factor, allowing him to recover from most injuries in a matter of hours, days if going with more severe ones, though at the cost of slowing his magic's recovery rate if active, it also conveniently nullifies his aging and can even keep him alive without need for food or water, though it is an experience he'd rather avoid entirely.

He often carries with him several, small crystal-like candies infused with various types of magic to allow him to switch his magic's 'allignement' on the fly, such as for example switching to fire, dark magic, wind or electricity, this usually hampers his regeneration however and can backfire if used for too long, making it problematic to use for longer fights.

Tundra has a rather low opinion almost all canterlot nobility, mostly brought on by the ones trying to sabotage his work, threaten him or even try to buy out his services entirely, thus resulting in a bit of a passive-agressive attitude towards said individuals, and a habit of completely foregoing rank or titles when adressing anyone he does not feel deserves the rank, making him in turn quite unpopular among a large portion of nobles, though this does not mean he is without supporters among them.

Frosty Skies
Name: Frosty Skies

Species: Pegasus

Occupation: Often takes on deliveries, is a weather-team reserve.

Personality: Warm-hearted and passionate about many things, stubborn but not a fool, a fitting metaphor is that he takes the time often to look before leaping but is very stubborn on which way he does in fact leap. He has very good self-control but on the few occasions he does get genuinely angry he is far from hot-headed, in fact it is quite the opposite, mixing cold anger with ice-cold logic as his usual kindness usually takes a back seat along with most of his empathy.
Apperance: http://d.facdn.net/art/darcain/1400428584.darcain_hirespony.png

Cutie Mark: AA wing covered with ice.

Talents: Has magic naturally attuned to cold, this also affecting his body and making him extremely resistant to cold, he is also a gifted Arcane Wing user, specializing in cryomancy and ice magic, the former being a magic revolving around cold temperatures while the latter is more used for manipulating any ice resulting from him freezing it with cryomancy.
He is very cautious with using his magic as using it often affects temperature around him and even the temperature of his own body, while this is no issue for him regardless of how much he uses it this does not apply to others,

Other:He is a surprisingly skilled flyer despite his preference for reading or researching over practicing flying, though his pegasus magic's natural attunement to cold limits how fast he can fly,.

He has strong dislike for most nobility, mostly due to the majority being spoiled, selfish and in his eyes undeserving of the title of nobility. What's not all that well known though is that he is technically a noble himself although he does not like this title much himself, refusing being called by his title or being treated as a noble in any way.

Obsidian Plectrum
Name: Obsidian Plectrum

Species: Unicorn

Age:  Visually he is perhaps a few years into his adult life but his true age is unknown as he has not aged whatsoever for who knows how long, sickness does not seem to affect him and he has long since lost count of his own age.

Occupation: His original occupation is unknown, he spends his immortal years traveling, not drawing much attention to himself aside from occasionally interfering for personal reasons.

Personality: Intelligent, sombre, avoids social interaction unless he deems it necessary or is forced into it, may seem emotionally detached but does care about those around him to some degree, despises what might cause needless sorrow.

Appearance: He is an averagely sized unicorn with a dull grey coat, an obsidian-coloured mane bordering on pitch black. His eyes stand out quite clearly with the iris of his eyes having a dark red colour.

Cutie Mark: A plectrum appearing to be made from obsidian, positioned to pick at a string of silver.

Talents: Is a pretty good guitar-player, which is also the only times Silver String, will appear, when he is playing guitar. He in addition has a huge capacity for magic that when used manifests as ghostly instruments playing some strange composition assumedly of his own making, what exactly happens when these instruments start playing is unknown, only that he gains some strange form of control over what he refers to as "the dark".

Other: He is considered one of the oldest beings alive short of deities and the solar and lunar alicorns, while he is younger than them his age is unknown as no records containing the name Obsidian Plectrum or Silver String have been discovered thus far. Magically he is quite powerful, enough to not only manifest his magic as instruments but apparently even "create" living beings based on his memories, though this has rarely been seen and only one being has been observed manifested, a young orange Pegasus mare with a crippled wing and what appears to be a bundled string of silver as her cutie mark, whenever she is "created" she seems self-aware and independent in thought and action, often conversing and interacting both with those nearby and him, she refers to herself as Silver String. Silver String cannot exist physically for long without Obsidian playing his guitar for some reason, though she does seem to be aware of what has happened while she is not there so long as Obsidian observes it.

Step Swing (WIP)
Name: Step Swing

Species: Pegasus

Personality: Friendly and energetic, talkative when he gets the chance and generally always willing to offer help when needed, he also forgives others surprisingly easily, though there are some very rare exceptions to this.

Appearance:

Cutie Mark: No idea what to have as a cutie mark, suggestions welcome.

Talents: Dancing,

Other:He is uncannily observative and has a eidetic memory, this coupled with being
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Chibalt

2014 May 23, 16:31:45 #1 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 09, 12:48:14 by Chibalt
Something I just realised, I am not sure how child friendly Tundra Winds is with the scars he has, anyone maybe mind helping me with that?

EDIT: Problem resolved I think.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

GoldenTerrabyte

Maybe just tone it down a small bit. Not that it's really child unfriendly, it should be fine for that, but reading it over, it might seem a little over the top, no offense. A few scars are all well and good but a ton may be pushing it if you know what I mean. But you don't need to change it, it should be fine, it's not really the scars as much as what caused them. The cause of these scars is perfectly fine! It's not like they're battle scars. If they were battle scars that'd be iffy, but scars from rune mistakes, that's good.
I'm back

Chibalt

Thank you for the help, I think Tundra Winds has been toned down enough for now with the scars I feel, oh and I am going to also put in another character, one I've been thinking about for the last few days while having a cold, he's an unusual one for sure, and yes, he is very powerful but he really does not have much interest in the world around him much unless something really big happens, heck, he isn't even exclusively villain or hero.

Go Up