Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Started by Sonic Thunder Shock, 2014 May 09, 22:27:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sonic Thunder Shock

We know that the new movie will come this year... but, we don't know a thing about the plot. How Twilight gets there? Why all the band thing? Who is the antagonist? Will Sunset Shimmer appear?
-Sonic Thunder Shock

Pipkin

2014 May 09, 22:32:06 #1 Last Edit: 2014 May 09, 22:36:40 by Pipkin
I'm pretty sure this'll fall under the "new episode spoiler" rule, so just a friendly reminder if anyone finds anything regarding the plot just make sure you keep it in spoiler tags, just in case X3

That being said, from what little I hear of the movie so far this should be interesting....I'm not particularly excited for the movie, but it'll be interesting to see what they do for a plot...
Quote from: Sonic Thunder Shock on 2014 May 09, 22:27:32
Spoiler: show
We know that the new movie will come this year... but, we don't know a thing about the plot. How Twilight gets there? Why all the band thing? Who is the antagonist? Will Sunset Shimmer appear?

My personal assumption- I have an odd feeling Twilight getting back to the "other world" will be influenced by the box in the final episode.  Band thing, not sure, although we do know a key focal point of the show itself is the music, so maybe they're making a new twist on something from the show which has been successful so far.  Answering the last two points in one shot, from what I can tell of past antagonists, Sunset will never be seen again and they'll introduce a new antagonist to sell more merch off the new character.

AaronMk

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 09, 22:32:06
I'm pretty sure this'll fall under the "new episode spoiler" rule, so just a friendly reminder if anyone finds anything regarding the plot just make sure you keep it in spoiler tags, just in case X3

That being said, from what little I hear of the movie so far this should be interesting....I'm not particularly excited for the movie, but it'll be interesting to see what they do for a plot...
Quote from: Sonic Thunder Shock on 2014 May 09, 22:27:32

My personal assumption- I have an odd feeling Twilight getting back to the "other world" will be influenced by the box in the final episode.  Band thing, not sure, although we do know a key focal point of the show itself is the music, so maybe they're making a new twist on something from the show which has been successful so far.  Answering the last two points in one shot, from what I can tell of past antagonists, Sunset will never be seen again and they'll introduce a new antagonist to sell more merch off the new character.

To address the spoiler:

From what I have gathered this I believe is more a daydream by Twilight on what's going on there then actually revisiting the human world.

The band thing is because the plot is based on the school's Battle of the Bands, where Sunset Shimmer is supposed to appear again as the antagonist with her own band. Vinyl's involved too on the good-girl team, I think.

And the mystery box is tied...
Spoiler: Season 4 stuff • show
... into the Rainbow Power stuff they've been feeding us for an entire season, which will be how they defeat the antagonist, Lord Tirek. It might also have something to do with Twilight's own personal castle and demesne in the Everfree. So it shouldn't be relevant to Rainbow Rocks at all, I hope.

The relation can probably be explained as a related marketing gimmick, but I don't think there's any indication that the two are the same in terms of story. Of course, this could burn in fire when we see the movie and we're all proved wrong.
[/spoiler]

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Chishio Kunrin

The only thing I know for certain is that
It's Battle of the Bands themed, and Trixie is a member of the band that the mane six have to compete against.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

The first one didn't make any sense, why should this one?

Pipkin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 10, 08:08:38

You and I both know why EQG is even a thing.  That's why it makes no sense X3

AaronMk

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 10, 08:16:02
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 10, 08:08:38

You and I both know why EQG is even a thing.  That's why it makes no sense X3

It could be directed by ZXInsanity.

But then it'd be gloriously nonsensical and have MGR music.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Griffon

I guess that Twilight will get into the human world through a wardrobe this time.  lol
Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

PlixsPony

Maybe the Twilight in that universe meets up with the other girls some how?

If not, the portal opens up every month, it wouldn't be that hard to go back.
They just need a reason for it all to go down.
I'll Draw Myself Something Nice.

Chishio Kunrin

2014 May 22, 23:05:11 #9 Last Edit: 2014 May 22, 23:06:51 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: PlixsPony on 2014 May 22, 09:26:05

It doesn't open every month. It opens every 30 moons. 1 moon = 1 month. So, basically, it opens every 30 months.
It wouldn't have been much of an issue for Twilight to get back before it closed if she could just wait until next month. The whole reason she was so worried about the portal closing is because she'd be stuck there for more than two years.

Feral Inferno

2014 May 23, 03:39:20 #10 Last Edit: 2014 May 23, 05:54:18 by Feral Inferno
I heard that Trixie and her band are going to be in the plot.  :/

Edit: Okay, so I just read up on it.
Trixie and her band - The Illusions - will most likely be the antagonists.
        http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Trixie#Equestria_Girls:_Rainbow_Rocks

Sunset Shimmer is confirmed to appear in Rainbow Rocks.
        http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Sunset_Shimmer#My_Little_Pony_Equestria_Girls:_Rainbow_Rocks

It is set to come out September.

That's all I can find out.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Feral Inferno on 2014 May 23, 03:39:20
I heard that Trixie and her band are going to be in the plot.  :/

Edit: Okay, so I just read up on it.
Trixie and her band - The Illusions - will most likely be the antagonists.
        http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Trixie#Equestria_Girls:_Rainbow_Rocks

Sunset Shimmer is confirmed to appear in Rainbow Rocks.
        http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Sunset_Shimmer#My_Little_Pony_Equestria_Girls:_Rainbow_Rocks

It is set to come out September.

That's all I can find out.

Spoiler: *Channels Solrac* • show
REBECCA... SHOICHET!!! >:O
ovO

PlixsPony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 22, 23:05:11

It doesn't open every month. It opens every 30 moons. 1 moon = 1 month. So, basically, it opens every 30 months.
It wouldn't have been much of an issue for Twilight to get back before it closed if she could just wait until next month. The whole reason she was so worried about the portal closing is because she'd be stuck there for more than two years.

That's what I thought when I first watched the movie, but my friend said that 30 moons meant 30 nights.
I've heard it both ways in many different stories. Even if it was just a month though, that's a lot of time
to be in a new place without a home, money, or knowing anyone when you get there.
I'll Draw Myself Something Nice.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: PlixsPony on 2014 May 23, 13:40:04
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 22, 23:05:11

That's what I thought when I first watched the movie, but my friend said that 30 moons meant 30 nights.
I've heard it both ways in many different stories. Even if it was just a month though, that's a lot of time
to be in a new place without a home, money, or knowing anyone when you get there.

He's misunderstanding the term. A 'moon' refers to the time it takes for the moon to go through all 8 lunar phases, which takes 29.5 days. That's the whole reason our calendar is divided into 12 months.

Go Up