2017 Jun 25, 21:50:28

Author Topic: Legends of Equestria Attending BUCK  (Read 8628 times)

Offline piper hooves

• i like planes, and ponies
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Equestria Attending BUCK
« Reply #20 on: 2014 May 30, 09:43:29 »
i hope the servers will be opened by that time. cause i dont want to wait til i am 40 just to play the game

Offline Alic3n

• "Be careful my darlings."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014 Jun 22, 19:18:13 »
I'm curious how would people who've just signed up be able to access the servers? Do they need to have already download the game or something of that sort?
Ask for 
Art Thread | OC Thread

Offline McSleuthburger

• Everywhere is in walking distance if you have time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2014 Jun 22, 20:43:56 »
I'm curious how would people who've just signed up be able to access the servers? Do they need to have already download the game or something of that sort?

it seems like 99% of people are not really active on the forums but you get that with every game
all the old downloads are out of date and will not work with the servers, im guessing there will be a download available a day before the stress test (like the past couple stress test)

You've just been McSleuthburgered!
shoutout to Ethereal Nebula for the avatar (full picture http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/Riraku/My%20Little%20Pony/Pony%20OC/McSleuth_zps32661c38.png )

« Reply #23 on: 2014 Jun 22, 22:25:00 »

it seems like 99% of people are not really active on the forums but you get that with every game
all the old downloads are out of date and will not work with the servers, im guessing there will be a download available a day before the stress test (like the past couple stress test)

From what I heard, the reason the old downloads become out of date and become incompatible is because the LoE team does not yet have a client made that self-updates, and because of such makes them have to put up a download for every update they make.  I believe they're working on making a self-updating client, as well as the game itself; so it might not be like this for too much longer.

Offline Princess Darcy

• Fox Blep. Artist: Bakasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2014 Jun 23, 21:06:00 »

From what I heard, the reason the old downloads become out of date and become incompatible is because the LoE team does not yet have a client made that self-updates, and because of such makes them have to put up a download for every update they make.  I believe they're working on making a self-updating client, as well as the game itself; so it might not be like this for too much longer.
Yeah, but at the same time they're still in pre-alpha, they're still working on the core functionality of the game.  I doubt they'll integrate an auto-update until after Beta.

Offline SweetyART

• May Sweety Hearts always be with you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2014 Jun 23, 22:07:56 »
Please tell me when the latest game downloads will open!  X3   

Offline Princess Darcy

• Fox Blep. Artist: Bakasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2014 Jun 23, 22:46:28 »
When the team has Open Server weekends like the one coming up in August they'll link downloads to the pre-alpha clients for that weekend either the day before or the day of, based on what they've done the last few times.

Offline serena072205

• Evil is apon us....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2014 Aug 10, 14:59:23 »
i hope the servers will be opened by that time. cause i dont want to wait til i am 40 just to play the game
you and me both... :nod: