BronyCon Anypony?

Started by Jaywo, 2014 Apr 29, 17:34:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

I just looked at the relative distance from Montreal to Baltimore, I didn't realize that we're almost(but not quite) the same distance away.

It just threw me off given that it would take me almost 8 hours to reach Ottawa....

Gouranga

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jun 21, 09:08:15
I just looked at the relative distance from Montreal to Baltimore, I didn't realize that we're almost(but not quite) the same distance away.

Soo, any chance that I meet up with you guys in Baltimore? I'd hate to be a bother but being alone at this huge convention never really was my plan. I was supposed to go down with a group of 5 but now I'm alone. Meh.

equestrianAce

Bronycon seems pretty cool, but I don't have enough money for it yet, nor am I anywhere near Baltimore.  ono If there is a pony convention, I would like to go to it. I have no experience with conventions or cosplay, but I wish to learn how to make costumes for that purpose. I could just buy the costume, though.  :P
"You're asking me why? I did it 'cause I was bored."

Pipkin

2014 Jun 24, 19:16:13 #23 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 24, 19:18:03 by Pipkin
Quote from: equestrianAce on 2014 Jun 23, 13:57:00
If there is a pony convention, I would like to go to it. I have no experience with conventions or cosplay, but I wish to learn how to make costumes for that purpose. I could just buy the costume, though.  :P

You don't have to cosplay at conventions if you don't want to X3

Also, I don't have experience with either cosplay or conventions.  I'm getting pointers on my cosplay from our local expert and as for the convention, well, just go and have fun.  Hopefully you can go to one one day :)

Quote from: Gouranga on 2014 Jun 22, 02:05:12
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jun 21, 09:08:15

Soo, any chance that I meet up with you guys in Baltimore? I'd hate to be a bother but being alone at this huge convention never really was my plan. I was supposed to go down with a group of 5 but now I'm alone. Meh.

If you can find us, awesome!  I know a bulk of us will at least be at the LoE panel.

We'll know more about what we're doing closer to the date :)

Griffon

How times flies. Now there's few weeks to go.
Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

Gouranga

Quote from: Griffon on 2014 Jul 15, 18:04:54
How times flies. Now there's few weeks to go.

I know right? And I almost forgot to pay the parking, there's one for the hotel but there's no reservation, so I reserved one right next to it that's actually cheaper. Hopefully there won't be Bronies struggling to find parking because that would suck to go 1km away from the Convention center.

Bro1997

I'm not so sure I'd want to go to BronyCon regardless of the money. The fact of being around people kind of stresses me out sometimes. I'm okay around a couple of people and I would like to have a couple of Brony friends, but Brony conventions I'm not so sure I'd like to go for several reasons not just the money.  :/

Gouranga

2014 Aug 06, 00:24:33 #27 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 06, 00:38:21 by Gouranga
Oh my god that was AMAZING! O: I didn't even meet with anyone from this forum, most of my friends were made at the Brony Bar Trot, (7 of them), if it wasn't for a group of French guys :nod: that I randomly met at the Brony Palooza the night of the panel, I would've completely missed the panel because I had such a good time down there :D, I didn't even bother waiting at the Q/A line to ask about the Oculus Rift Tridef compatibility and went straight down to the Palooza.

You're asking if you should go to Bronycon? My answer is: There is no reason NOT go to! :) If you can't handle being in a big crowd, there's still many places in the convention center where it was more peaceful, 9,600 people attended this year, and I can guarantee you can talk to most of people there, as a matter of fact I was alone one time during the whole convention, (I kept myself busy jumping from one group to another :D) and during that time (a frame of about 10 minutes ovO) I was invited by a group of musicians to join and eat with them :')! Friendship is magic! :)

And about the LoE panel, I love the new easy character interface, and it was pretty funny to see how the connection issues were fixed! It tooootally didn't crash like 5 times during the panel  lol
edit: I wasn't the guy talking superloud. I was the one who told him not to.

Bro1997

Quote from: Gouranga on 2014 Aug 06, 00:24:33
Oh my god that was AMAZING! O: I didn't even meet with anyone from this forum, most of my friends were made at the Brony Bar Trot, (7 of them), if it wasn't for a group of French guys :nod: that I randomly met at the Brony Palooza the night of the panel, I would've completely missed the panel because I had such a good time down there :D, I didn't even bother waiting at the Q/A line to ask about the Oculus Rift Tridef compatibility and went straight down to the Palooza.

You're asking if you should go to Bronycon? My answer is: There is no reason NOT go to! :) If you can't handle being in a big crowd, there's still many places in the convention center where it was more peaceful, 9,600 people attended this year, and I can guarantee you can talk to most of people there, as a matter of fact I was alone one time during the whole convention, (I kept myself busy jumping from one group to another :D) and during that time (a frame of about 10 minutes ovO) I was invited by a group of musicians to join and eat with them :')! Friendship is magic! :)

And about the LoE panel, I love the new easy character interface, and it was pretty funny to see how the connection issues were fixed! It tooootally didn't crash like 5 times during the panel  lol

Don't give me wrong. I'd love to go. Just the money and how far it is is the main concern here!  :c

Gouranga

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 06, 00:34:40
Don't give me wrong. I'd love to go. Just the money and how far it is is the main concern here!  :c

I drove 10 hours to go there, met some people who drove from Texas, the farthest I've seen was three guys from the Czech republic which I talked to and bro-hoofed.

Bro1997

Quote from: Gouranga on 2014 Aug 06, 00:40:31
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 06, 00:34:40

I drove 10 hours to go there, met some people who drove from Texas, the farthest I've seen was three guys from the Czech republic which I talked to and bro-hoofed.

It's nice to meet new people. Kind of shocked that bronies from the Czech Republic would come over here to a convention. Just tells how huge it's become. I don't drive yet however. Regardless, I'd love to go to BronyCon!

Verdant Tome

I would have loved to go. But, I didn't have the money or time for a 4,000 mile round trip for just one weekend.

Ironically, I'm flying into Baltimore in about 36 hours or so - yes, a week late to the con. And in doing so, I'm missing out on another pony con held on the 8th through the 10th in the city I'm flying out of.

At least I'll get to attend the OSW.

AaronMk

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Go Up