How to make a good OC

Started by Dream Bolt, 2014 Apr 24, 17:10:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dream Bolt

Okay, before I start this, I just want you to know I'm not here to hate those with... different OCs. I'm not here to criticize, but to offer ideas. If these ideas imply that your OC is... er... not fitting with canon, then I'm sorry, but it may be true. If you don't want to look canon, that's your own deal. Just don't act offended when people says it looks out of place.
Also, absolutely NO CRITICIZING other individuals' OCs. I'm here to offer some tips, not to start a war. And plus, Princess Celestia wouldn't approve.

Anyhoo, let's start with the basics:

NO BLASTED ALICORNS!!!: ... do I even have to tell you that one? Making your pony an alicorn looks like you're trying too hart to be cool, and is rather unprofessional. Becoming an alicorn is not a common occurrence in Equestria, and so far as we know only come into being when a pony perform some epic act, like making new magic, so if you make your OC an alicorn, it's kind of like screaming out, "LOOK AT ME! I'M SPECIAL!". Believe me, it just kind of looks rather... Trixie-like.

Colors: Believe it or not, a blackish coat or mane isn't entirely unacceptable. But keep in mind that in MLP, they rarely use actual black, and thend to use softer colors. If your OC is going to be black, make them more of a very dark shade of grey, like Thunderlane.

Also, keep in mind that, while black never goes out of style, we don't want to wear it out. I mean, other than Thunderlane, and one other background pegasus that I glanced in "Wonderbolt Academy", we don't really see any black-colored ponies. So don't wear it out. Only use black if it is specifically is necessary for the character. (Say, if they happen to be an astronomer or have something to do with ink or the night or what have you.) Otherwise, regardless of how imaginative you really are, you will look like one of those unimaginative people who just picked what they assumed is the coolest color. (Which is silly. Everypony knows the coolest color is pink! :D)

As for other colors, please be a dear and don't do anything that would make Rarity call the fashion police. D: Neon green does not go with chartreuse. And while the recent episode "Trade Ya!" showed that black in manes is canon, it also, like black coats, shouldn't be worn out, and shouldn't be pure black, just a darker shade of grey.

Ask yourself if it would fit in show canon: Death, psychopaths, murder, and dark characters and backstories in general just don't fit in the Equestrian world. If your character is named "Bloody Killer", you probably are straying too far from show canon.
Also, not to be rude, but nopony wants a bunch of OCs who basically bring violence and general nastiness into the happy world of Equestria. Dark and gritty does not equal cool.
As for the more cheerful types, still give some thought to how your OC would fit into Equestria. Bat-ponies have only really been seen as the Lunar Guard, so unless your OC is a Lunar Guard, I recommend against bat ponies. And no darn draconequuses. For all we know, Discord is the only one of his kind.
Also, keep the canon in mind when designing your pony's special talent. An astronaut pony wouldn't have a lot to do, other than wait for space travel to be invented. (Besides being sent to the moon, of course.)

Don't use Vinyl Scratch's mane: I know it's cool, but too many OCs use it. It just looks unoriginal.

No antlers, weird eyes, dragon wings, colored stripes, or other crazy stuff: No. Just... no.

Finally, remember this is a general guide. With the exception of alicorns, and adding dark material into Equestria, there can be an exception to just about every rule. Just make sure that it's done with taste, and a good explanation.

Again if you are offended, I'm sorry. This isn't directed against anyone in particular. And remember, BE NICE! No criticizing other individuals' OCs. (Even if they may deserve it.)

Midnight Breeze

Night Pony will love this thread!  :P

Night Pony

2014 Apr 24, 17:18:50 #2 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 24, 17:22:41 by Night Pony
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 24, 17:14:38
Night Pony will love this thread!  :P

Shh...why do you want me to start discussing? lol I taken so much topics when discussing Alicorns.  X3

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

MrEmu

Quote from: Dream Bolt on 2014 Apr 24, 17:10:18Becoming an alicorn is not a common occurrence in Equestria, and so far as we know only come into being when a pony perform some epic act, like making new magic, so if you make your OC an alicorn, it's kind of like screaming out, "LOOK AT ME! I'M SPECIAL!". Believe me, it just kind of looks rather... Trixie-like.

I'd also like to add when Dream Bolt says they have to preform some epic act he means EPIC, Star Swirl the bearded himself never became an alicorn, King Sombra didn't ether and HE became so powerful he made the whole Crystal Empire vanish out of thin air for 1,000 years!(I beleave it was 1,000).

ManeFlame

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Apr 24, 17:44:11
Quote from: Dream Bolt on 2014 Apr 24, 17:10:18Becoming an alicorn is not a common occurrence in Equestria, and so far as we know only come into being when a pony perform some epic act, like making new magic, so if you make your OC an alicorn, it's kind of like screaming out, "LOOK AT ME! I'M SPECIAL!". Believe me, it just kind of looks rather... Trixie-like.

I'd also like to add when Dream Bolt says they have to preform some epic act he means EPIC, Star Swirl the bearded himself never became an alicorn, King Sombra didn't ether and HE became so powerful he made the whole Crystal Empire vanish out of thin air for 1,000 years!(I beleave it was 1,000).

Rule 1: It's always 1000 years.
Rule 2: ALWAYS.

Parker Izing

Also trying to be canon you can go overboard and make a bland character like my first OC (brown coat/eyes, black normal mane, out off the mill pegasus...)  :oBTW I go as him on the game :P

Night Pony

I want to note the the reasons for alicorns you pointed out are for so called 'artificial' alicorns. Sombra as far as we know never wanted to be an alicorn and Starswirl didn't prove he was worthy enough.
There are still unknowns regarding 'natural' alicorns or who were born that way since I personally do not believe that there's a race that is entirely artificially made. It's also to make good alicorn OCs, you just need to make them not OP and have somewhat reason you've chose to make them an alicorn (for example I advise making them an alicorn if their talent is gaming).

AaronMk

2014 Apr 25, 02:22:08 #7 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 25, 02:57:19 by AaronMk
I see your rather generalized, non-contextual criticisms of OC traits, and raise you Velvet Remedy:

Spoiler: show

Or Ice Pack...

I'd post what actually makes him a fun character, but I doubt the moderation would take kindly.

And I might as well post Danganya while I'm on Eyespack
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Or Moonshine...

Or Rampage

Or Wheely Bopper

And maybe in effect Red Eye.

You say OCs should follow a certain design set, or have their characters built to compliment the world. But really, the world can be rebuilt to compliment whatever intended story, whether it's for a particular original character or not. MLP is malleable like that.

As well, "Common sense" could really be the only guideline to invoke in OC creation. It doesn't go any further than that. And the exceptions as you mentioned - and as I've gone through to dig up - really kind of prove that you can't have a universal OC guidelines, so why even bother? You can't enforce, or even pretend to preach, standardization over it.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

MrEmu

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Apr 25, 02:22:08
I see your rather generalized, non-contextual criticisms of OC traits, and raise you Velvet Remedy:

[spoiler]

Or Ice Pack...

I'd post what actually makes him a fun character, but I doubt the moderation would take kindly.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Or Moonshine...

Or Rampage

Or Wheely Bopper

You say OCs should follow a certain design set, or have their characters built to compliment the world. But really, the world can be rebuilt to compliment whatever intended story, whether it's for a particular original character or not. MLP is malleable like that.

As well, "Common sense" could really be the only guideline to invoke in OC creation. It doesn't go any further than that. And the exceptions as you mentioned - and as I've gone through to dig up - really kind of prove that you can't have a universal OC guidelines, so why even bother? You can't enforce, or even pretend to preach, standardization over it.
[/quote][/spoiler] First of all Dream bolt said "I'm sorry if I have offended you" so you could cut him a little slack.
and second of all, all those OCs you just linked are OCs, not cannon, so it proves nothing.

Saying his comments are "generalized, non-contextual criticisms" is rather critical in itself.

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 25, 00:31:23
I want to note the the reasons for alicorns you pointed out are for so called 'artificial' alicorns. Sombra as far as we know never wanted to be an alicorn and Starswirl didn't prove he was worthy enough.
There are still unknowns regarding 'natural' alicorns or who were born that way since I personally do not believe that there's a race that is entirely artificially made. It's also to make good alicorn OCs, you just need to make them not OP and have somewhat reason you've chose to make them an alicorn (for example I advise making them an alicorn if their talent is gaming).
I understand what you mean, but I don't recall any references to 'natural' alicorns.
I would disagree with giving them a simple talent as all Alicorns we'v seen have PRE-tty awesome talents! lol
I mean Raising the Sun or Moon,
Creating love from magic,
Using a spell to change someponys destiny.
All of those are quite big! I think if somepony's an Alicorn he should have a big great talent.

Night Pony

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Apr 25, 05:26:57
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 25, 00:31:23
I understand what you mean, but I don't recall any references to 'natural' alicorns.
I would disagree with giving them a simple talent as all Alicorns we'v seen have PRE-tty awesome talents! lol
I mean Raising the Sun or Moon,
Creating love from magic,
Using a spell to change someponys destiny.
All of those are quite big! I think if somepony's an Alicorn he should have a big great talent.

Luna and Celestia are widely considered to be born as such. Also I do not believe once they are born/made they gain cosmic powers and incredible flight ability. For me they learn/fail as everypony and instead of the majority which have only one ability (magic/flight) they have two which makes it harder to get good at them. That's why I think the alicorns for now do not use flight very often.
Luna and Celestia have had over 1000 years to do that one single spell. Maybe in the beginning it wasn't so effortless as now but due to constant repeating and longer lifespan, they were able to do it without much effort (and because they chose to evolve their magic and neglected flying skills).

Cadence was a pegasus before turning into an alicorn so that spell is the reason for her transformation. I cannot say how hard it is since we do not know her age but it's safe to conclude that even if you never known magic, you can become an expert in a certain spell if you do it enough times.

Starswirld made the spell. It effectively did change pony's destinies but not their talent. Twilight just fixed it with her knowledge so it would do what it was originally intended.

But all of your 'alicorns are meant to be great' thing is gonna go out of the window if the fluttershy alicorn turns out to be true. lol

MrEmu

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 25, 07:42:47But all of your 'alicorns are meant to be great' thing is gonna go out of the window if the fluttershy alicorn turns out to be true. lol
lol I see what you're saying, but in my views Alicorns are so rare that the 4 we'v seen might be 80% or maybe even ALL the alicorns that ever existed...that's just the way I see it. So when we ony have 4 or 5 Alicorns that ever existed then it'd make SENSE that they're all super powerful and stuff.

I also always though (And I'm pretty sure they mentioned this, but not 100% sure.) that Princess Celestia and Luna were Unicorns that got their cutie marks by raising the sun and moon, and that this is also the great act that turned them into an Alicorn.

As I said, this is just the way I see it, and it makes the most sense to me so I'll naturally go with this theory. I can understand your point of view though!

GlassMirror

What about dragon ponies? :3

MrEmu

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Apr 25, 20:36:28
What about dragon ponies? :3
Dragon ponies were made up by the fandom, if you're going just for a fun character then it can be done well, but it couldn't be a 'possable cannon' character type if you know what I mean! ;)

Archaeopteryx Tipota

To me, it seems like there just isn't enough information about any of these alternate races that we have to choose from to come up with an adequate back story. I tried with an alicorn OC once, I tried with a batpony, a griffon, I've even contemplated a dragon and a changeling. I've done all this for the sake of originality. Good characters are supposed to be unique in their own ways, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have to be unique physically. Characters are far more interesting when they have in depth back-stories and personalities rather than being the generic overpowered physically menacing OCs we see a lot of. Using alicorns, batponies, or any other none-conventional races is a big risk because there has to be a good reason why that OC is that race and in order for it to be interesting it has to be a good reason. Unfortunately, it is difficult to come up with good reasons because of the lack of information we have on these races. We are only beginning to understand the origins of alicorns and how they are made and/or born, we know next to nothing about batponies other than Lauren Faust and Larson briefly saying that they think they live in deep caves in the mountains and guard Luna's palace, and we literally know next to nothing else about griffons, dragons, changelings, or anything else.

This goes one of three ways for me.

One: Make a unicorn, earth pony, or pegasus OC that has a normal talent and occupation in Equestria. Make this character three dimensional. Give him/her something that they want, something they aspire for. Give them a weakness, something that they struggle with that, to play it safe, is not a dark past story as those can be generic and uninteresting as well. This weakness, however, needs to also be a source of strength. For example, Rainbow Dash can be very big-headed and egotistical at times. She can often indulge in her ego, becoming ignorant and undesirable if she does so. She has also learned a lot from this weakness, however, and has seen a lot of character development from that. Her ego is a source of strength in other circumstances, because it gives her confidence and empowerment to do what's right. This trait conflicts with her and makes her an interesting and growing character. A safely interesting OC needs to have a back story that reflects the discovery of this trait, and needs to have something that can create a conflict within the character.

Two: Tread very carefully and use your adept imagination. It is possible to create an alicorn/dragon/griffon/batpony/changeling that is interesting, but it is risky. Some people try to do this but end up with a very one dimensional character. This is something that can be fixed by avoiding a dark back story, making sure the OC is not unnecessarily powerful, and the reason behind that character being what they are be something that is not generic or over-used. Treading in this territory means that you will have to actually design some of the culture behind that OCs race in order to make it work, meaning that it must be realistic and in depth. Saying your OC is a batpony and he/she guards Luna's palace because he/she is one is bland and uninteresting. Why did the OC choose to guard her palace? What trait did that OC adopt to lead to that eventuality? Why do batponies guard Luna's palace in the first place? What is batpony culture like and how did it effect the OC? These are questions that must be answered in a realistic and creative way in order for it to stay deep.

Three: Nevermind interesting. Make a fanged, multicoloured, overpowered and always angry alicorn dragon cyborg that is always quiet, keeps to himself for some dark mysterious reason, and has mastered the power of changelings, can see in the dark, fly better than the wonderbolts, use high tier dark magic, perform a hypersonic double rainboom that causes nuclear fusion, and is married to Fluttershy with 7 kids. Make whatever strange creation you want because it's fun and awesome. This can be cool, but it almost always ends up in a bland, one dimensional OC that doesn't catch anyone's interest. This is something you would want to do if you didn't really care about any of that. If you did, however, this is not recommended :P
SHREK IS LOVE
SHREK IS LIFE
SHREK IS THE ALMIGHTY PONE SINGULARITY
HAIL THE PONE SINGULARITY
HAIL SHREK

Night Pony

2014 Apr 26, 04:05:10 #14 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 26, 04:07:12 by Night Pony
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Apr 25, 18:25:53
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 25, 07:42:47But all of your 'alicorns are meant to be great' thing is gonna go out of the window if the fluttershy alicorn turns out to be true. lol
lol I see what you're saying, but in my views Alicorns are so rare that the 4 we'v seen might be 80% or maybe even ALL the alicorns that ever existed...that's just the way I see it. So when we ony have 4 or 5 Alicorns that ever existed then it'd make SENSE that they're all super powerful and stuff.

I also always though (And I'm pretty sure they mentioned this, but not 100% sure.) that Princess Celestia and Luna were Unicorns that got their cutie marks by raising the sun and moon, and that this is also the great act that turned them into an Alicorn.

As I said, this is just the way I see it, and it makes the most sense to me so I'll naturally go with this theory. I can understand your point of view though!

Well now we're entering your own headcannon and that's different from official cannon. lol
For me they aren't all that rare or powerful, or even very special. There could be a whole country of alicorns for all we know.
The gryphons have appeared as much as the alicorns (3-4) but I don't see them be considered as a rare and special race. Zebras have appeared even less (only one Zebra) and she appears to be similair to an earth pony that can do magic (OP?). Plus changelings are basically alicorns who have the ability to shapeshift but they aren't exactly rare.

I haven't heard that about Luna and Celestia. Forgive me if I do not consider it as fact.

MrEmu

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 26, 04:05:10Well now we're entering your own headcannon and that's different from official cannon. lol
well from what you saying, isn't yours just head cannon?(I mean NO disrespect when saying that.) I'm basing my facts not on head cannon but on facts from the show, every Alicorn we'v seen got transformed into one and is now royalty. yet Griffins, Zebra's and such are not royalty.

Night Pony

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Apr 26, 05:04:05
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 26, 04:05:10Well now we're entering your own headcannon and that's different from official cannon. lol
well from what you saying, isn't yours just head cannon?(I mean NO disrespect when saying that.) I'm basing my facts not on head cannon but on facts from the show, every Alicorn we'v seen got transformed into one and is now royalty. yet Griffins, Zebra's and such are not royalty.

It's mine. Also 100% of the alicorns know the ruler of the lands personally and they became royalty because she knows them. We haven't seen an alicorn that's unknown to Celestia.
Yes it's my headcannon, that's why saying something like "NO BLASTED ALICORNS!!!" only because it doesn't match up with your version of Equestria is not good (In my opinion). You're pretty much imposing your headcannon over others.

Dream Bolt

2014 Apr 26, 17:22:59 #17 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 26, 17:26:24 by Dream Bolt
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Apr 25, 02:22:08

[spoiler]

Or Ice Pack...

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Or Moonshine...

Or Rampage

Or Wheely Bopper

[/quote][/spoiler]

Malleability is of course somewhat essential, otherwise things would become entirely rigid, and absolutely no fun at all. But too much malleability, and suddenly you're making something else entirely. Not always a bad thing. I myself have had some ideas which really don't fit into MLP canon entirely, like a pony who's archnemesis is Slendermane. While I do try to come up with some logical explainations for the things I do, I admit, it is stretching canon.

But we have to be careful when it comes to malleability. Otherwise, we get stuff like those creepy fanfics where the ponies are serial killers. (I'm using hyperbole here. I don't think most OCs are nearly that offensive, just mildly ridiculous is all.)

And while those characters you displayed are interesting and all, I wouldn't use them in an argument for how to look canon. I'm sorry, but they just don't look like something we would see in the show. (Although I suppose that first one might work. I admit, not all of Equestria is made up of bland background templates.)

My point is, the flashier the OC, the more it looks like (emphasis on 'looks like'. This by no means means that they are doing this.) somebody is doing one of the following:

Saying "Look at me! I'm awesome and unique!" (It just looks forced is all.)

Trying to introduce concepts from an entirely different fandom. (Some of these things would work better in Warhammer than MLP. And before anypony states the whole Dr. Whooves thing, may I remind you that fanon is still fanon, regardless of popularity. And anyways, if 'It Ain't Easy Bein' Breezies' is anything to go by, then the Doctor is at least questionably canon.)

Have a very active imagination, but don't know how to maintain the show's original feel. (If you keep sticking in all this unusual stuff, it just seems rather mish-mash.)

I am not, as I said, criticizing others. This page is essentially for those who are starting out and trying to make an OC, to guide them generally in the right direction, not to tell those with unusual OCs to drop their OC and create a new one.
And as for common sense being the only guideline for creating an OC, well... this is the Internet. Common sense is not exactly common on the Internet. If all the fans had common sense, I wouldn't have thought to post this.

Are my reasons generalized? Yes. But while I could create a comprehensive guide as to the rules of exception, originality, and the extent to which show canon allows malleability, it would be very long, and I doubt anypony would read it. Suffice to say, this is an abridged version. I kind of expected everypony to know that.

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 26, 05:09:02
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Apr 26, 05:04:05

It's mine. Also 100% of the alicorns know the ruler of the lands personally and they became royalty because she knows them. We haven't seen an alicorn that's unknown to Celestia.
Yes it's my headcannon, that's why saying something like "NO BLASTED ALICORNS!!!" only because it doesn't match up with your version of Equestria is not good (In my opinion). You're pretty much imposing your headcannon over others.

Wow,sorry. I just generally assumed most of the fandom was against alicorn OCs. If you have an alicorn OC, and they're just like a different race of pony, then while I don't see it as canon, (keep in mind, Lauren Faust didn't want even Cadence to be an alicorn originally, as she wanted to keep them unique,) I at least don't mind it. It's when you get those people who act like their OC is some sort of cosmic god that bugs me. It just sort of degenerates things into "my OC can beat up your OC!", which is obnoxious.
Had I known that this would have been such a problem, I would have probably not shouted "NO BLASTED ALICORNS!" That was more for humorous effect, as I assumed that all alicorn OCs were just immature people who want to be demigods. So, I'm sorry for that. I tend to generalize at times and forget the individuals. And yes, I'll admit it. Your alicorn OC is pretty cute. Thank you for being tasteful in the design.

Quote from: Archaeopteryx Tipota on 2014 Apr 26, 03:45:23
To me, it seems like there just isn't enough information about any of these alternate races that we have to choose from to come up with an adequate back story. I tried with an alicorn OC once, I tried with a batpony, a griffon, I've even contemplated a dragon and a changeling. I've done all this for the sake of originality. Good characters are supposed to be unique in their own ways, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have to be unique physically. Characters are far more interesting when they have in depth back-stories and personalities rather than being the generic overpowered physically menacing OCs we see a lot of. Using alicorns, batponies, or any other none-conventional races is a big risk because there has to be a good reason why that OC is that race and in order for it to be interesting it has to be a good reason. Unfortunately, it is difficult to come up with good reasons because of the lack of information we have on these races. We are only beginning to understand the origins of alicorns and how they are made and/or born, we know next to nothing about batponies other than Lauren Faust and Larson briefly saying that they think they live in deep caves in the mountains and guard Luna's palace, and we literally know next to nothing else about griffons, dragons, changelings, or anything else.

This goes one of three ways for me.

One: Make a unicorn, earth pony, or pegasus OC that has a normal talent and occupation in Equestria. Make this character three dimensional. Give him/her something that they want, something they aspire for. Give them a weakness, something that they struggle with that, to play it safe, is not a dark past story as those can be generic and uninteresting as well. This weakness, however, needs to also be a source of strength. For example, Rainbow Dash can be very big-headed and egotistical at times. She can often indulge in her ego, becoming ignorant and undesirable if she does so. She has also learned a lot from this weakness, however, and has seen a lot of character development from that. Her ego is a source of strength in other circumstances, because it gives her confidence and empowerment to do what's right. This trait conflicts with her and makes her an interesting and growing character. A safely interesting OC needs to have a back story that reflects the discovery of this trait, and needs to have something that can create a conflict within the character.

Two: Tread very carefully and use your adept imagination. It is possible to create an alicorn/dragon/griffon/batpony/changeling that is interesting, but it is risky. Some people try to do this but end up with a very one dimensional character. This is something that can be fixed by avoiding a dark back story, making sure the OC is not unnecessarily powerful, and the reason behind that character being what they are be something that is not generic or over-used. Treading in this territory means that you will have to actually design some of the culture behind that OCs race in order to make it work, meaning that it must be realistic and in depth. Saying your OC is a batpony and he/she guards Luna's palace because he/she is one is bland and uninteresting. Why did the OC choose to guard her palace? What trait did that OC adopt to lead to that eventuality? Why do batponies guard Luna's palace in the first place? What is batpony culture like and how did it effect the OC? These are questions that must be answered in a realistic and creative way in order for it to stay deep.

Three: Nevermind interesting. Make a fanged, multicoloured, overpowered and always angry alicorn dragon cyborg that is always quiet, keeps to himself for some dark mysterious reason, and has mastered the power of changelings, can see in the dark, fly better than the wonderbolts, use high tier dark magic, perform a hypersonic double rainboom that causes nuclear fusion, and is married to Fluttershy with 7 kids. Make whatever strange creation you want because it's fun and awesome. This can be cool, but it almost always ends up in a bland, one dimensional OC that doesn't catch anyone's interest. This is something you would want to do if you didn't really care about any of that. If you did, however, this is not recommended :P

Thank you for being one of the few people to actually get the point of this and add on to my insights and elaborate on them and the exceptions to them. And in response to number three, yes, people are free to make their own OCs as ridiculous as possible. But I am just not going to be able to take them seriously.

Sweet Celestia, this was meant to be a fun guide for newbies! I made this actually as a way to try and stand up for some of the more unique OCs, such as the black ponies and such. I didn't mean to tread on so many hooves!
Ah well. I guess people could criticize my OC for being too bland. Still, just saying, like it or not, there are some general rules of good taste. But you all have enough common sense to know that.

... I hope.

P.S. Hey, mods, if this thing starts to cause tension, please lock it or delete it or whatever. I hate conflict,a nd wouldn't want to cause trouble.

... And tell the developers "thanks" for the limitations of the Pony Creator.

MrEmu

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 26, 05:09:02Yes it's my headcannon, that's why saying something like "NO BLASTED ALICORNS!!!" only because it doesn't match up with your version of Equestria is not good (In my opinion). You're pretty much imposing your headcannon over others.
He had no intentions of forcing his head cannon on others, as we can see his apology post which I dare say if longer then all the others posts put together! lol

Go Up