Needing help with a new theatre-based OC

Started by Stardust Dragon, 2014 Apr 18, 03:41:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stardust Dragon

Hey everyone,

This idea's been rattling around in my head for a while now, but I'm having some issues making it stick to something. 

I was looking to make live theatre technician pony, something that's a big part of my life.  But the best idea I've had about him thus far is an earth pony with a dark, if not straight black, coat, and I can't seem to find any mane/eye colors that might look decent with that while not making him look like a formless black shadow.  This is supposed to be him in the light, actually visible for once! 

Since I can't draw I use generalzoi's pony creator, but I've been stumbling over color choices for a while and can't get anything.  Adjusting sliders is too slow for me to figure out what I think looks good and I don't have a wealth of color knowledge to work with in order to give myself an idea.  I was wondering if anyone out there could help design a palette or two?

If personality would help, it's rough at best right now: he's focused on his job, takes things a bit too seriously, but generally a nice guy who will help anyone who needs it.  He's supposed to be an all-round backstage guy with skills in lighting, sound, deck and props work etc.  If further questions arise feel free to ask, I'll try and answer promptly.  Thanks for taking a gander!

Go Up