2017 Mar 30, 16:32:55

Author Topic: Pony OC: Design and Resources!  (Read 19620 times)

Offline Princess Lilithiana Heart

• Hello my loyal ponies
    • View Profile
Re: Pony OC: Design and Resources!
« Reply #60 on: 2016 Aug 16, 07:00:27 »
I hand drew mine shes a princess she has a cutie mark that shows several talents and shes very cool can i post that

Offline Asriel

• (Aurora)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2016 Dec 10, 22:32:06 »
It's an unofficial rule that "odd numbers are more aesthetically pleasing" design-wise. (They "look pretty" for some reason. Don't ask me what the science behind it is, I'm sure it's math-related though)

Actually, it is a math-related thing!

Well, not necessarily all even numbers.

It's actually a Fibonacci thing. Basically all numbers found in nature are in the Fibonacci Sequence. 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, etc. As you can see, the vast majority of those low numbers are odd. But you will occasionally see an 8-petal flower. And a lot of things have 2-fold symmetry.

But that is a good guideline for creating anything you want to look "natural".

Also, if you want to design proportions, using the Golden Rectangle (another thing related to the Fibonacci Sequence) is a good idea.
“Henceforth,” Ditzy continued, “you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it… with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!”

« Reply #62 on: 2016 Dec 11, 21:37:11 »
Um so what if by chance you kind of umm... cant draw?
Im asking for a friend of course...  X3
ThatLonelyPineapple...

« Reply #63 on: 2017 Feb 19, 20:44:29 »
I used to dang ky 3g vinaphone to design photoshop online

« Reply #64 on: 2017 Feb 20, 02:17:42 »
my oc is a daughter of Celestia cousin of discord she is loved by everyone and is friends with all the main six oh and don't forget the overly bright neon colors and let's not forget the unnecessarily long name to make sure it REALLY stands out i mean unique? pff who want's that nowadays? earth ponies are too mainstream anyway *puts on hipster glasses*
Magic...

Offline Aqua Fire

• Lunar Republic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2017 Feb 20, 08:42:03 »
My oc WAS a green dragon, but now, she is a daughter of a bat and pegasus, younger sister of a bat pony, friends with all kinds of creatures(including Star, a siren), and is very unique herself(most of these perks came from Lightning Bliss). She is a yellow earth pony, with an orange/blue mane, orange and blue gloves, orange and blue eyes, a griffion tail, a rainbow dash styled mane, she has water and fire powers(don't question my logic, though I'd question it, myself.), and half a fireball, half a waterdroplet as a cutiemark.

Post Merge
And all that came from ONE drawing at school.