Season 5 Discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2014 Jan 31, 19:17:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

Spoiler: show
Just a bit of added thoughts; I STILL don't like Diamond Tiara. In fact, there's actually part of me that wished they didn't redeem her. I'm sorry, but Flight To The Finish hit WAY too close to home for me to forgive those too anytime soon, and I do think they reformed her way too quickly. But I will admit I loved how Silver Spoon just "LoL voice" SHUTDOWN Diamond at the start. Also Pipsqueak.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Oct 12, 01:51:31
Just a bit of added thoughts; I STILL don't like Diamond Tiara. In fact, there's actually part of me that wished they didn't redeem her. I'm sorry, but Flight To The Finish hit WAY too close to home for me to forgive those too anytime soon, and I do think they reformed her way too quickly. But I will admit I loved how Silver Spoon just "LoL voice" SHUTDOWN Diamond at the start. Also Pipsqueak.

Yes! When Silver Spoon was like "Want to know how? Sorry, I'm not allowed to speak!" I actually literally yelled "OHHHHHH!!!!!"

And I couldn't get over how tiny Pipsqueak is. :D I guess that's why his name is Pipsqueak.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 12, 05:51:33
Yes! When Silver Spoon was like "Want to know how? Sorry, I'm not allowed to speak!" I actually literally yelled "OHHHHHH!!!!!"

And I couldn't get over how tiny Pipsqueak is. :D I guess that's why his name is Pipsqueak.

Once I learn how to, I'm so going to make one of those silly MLG videos for that clip ^-^
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Stardust Dragon

I had a sudden smack-in-the-face realization after watching a blind reaction (again) to Crusaders of the Lost Mark:

Incorporating the intro into the very very end of the episode, with Spike sending the new picture.  Just like the song says not a few seconds before, and as a fantastic secondary lesson for all, achieving your longtime goal isn't just an end, but an entire new start to a new adventure, a whole new episode in your life.  It feels so clear now that I'm a little embarrassed I wasn't beaten over the head with that connection earlier.

Sweet Brew

I cried at every song in "Crusaders of the lost mark" and 3 times at the last song...no joke.
Seeing AJ, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity so proud of their sisters/friend is so heart warming.

I have to say...their cutiemarks are better than any fan mode one I've ever seen.

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows • show
I finally watched the episode! :3 It was really cute!

"Gotta bounce! *Bounces around the room, then crashes through a wall*" ovO

LostSanity

Whoops!! I forgot to post this!! Oh well. I'll just do it now then.  :P

Here are my thoughts for S5E19:

Well... where do I start...?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. There wasn't really anything else it could have been.

In fact, when you think about it, this was pretty much the expected outcome.

Yup...

[spoiler]Looks like Skyla is becoming canon. Cadence and Shining Armor are having a kid.

Am I disappointed?

Well... I'll let you know when I see the kid. If it's automatically an alicorn... THERE WILL BE LOTS OF EXPLAINING TO DO:l

But let's not go there yet shall we?  :s

As for the episode itself... I quite enjoyed it.

More than the last episode that's for sure.

Okay I promise my "controversial" stuff is over for good now. I hope.  :s

Pinkie's antics were funny as always. The stuff she does always gives me quite a laugh. Which is good.

Poor thing just struggled so much to keep it a secret. It's understandable I suppose.  X3

I really enjoyed this one. Pinkie's antics sold most of this episode for me.

:D[/spoiler]
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Oct 19, 18:09:26
Whoops!! I forgot to post this!! Oh well. I'll just do it now then.  :P

Here are my thoughts for S5E19:

Well... where do I start...?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. There wasn't really anything else it could have been.

In fact, when you think about it, this was pretty much the expected outcome.

Yup...

[spoiler]Looks like Skyla is becoming canon. Cadence and Shining Armor are having a kid.

Am I disappointed?

Well... I'll let you know when I see the kid. If it's automatically an alicorn... THERE WILL BE LOTS OF EXPLAINING TO DO:l

But let's not go there yet shall we?  :s

As for the episode itself... I quite enjoyed it.

More than the last episode that's for sure.

Okay I promise my "controversial" stuff is over for good now. I hope.  :s

Pinkie's antics were funny as always. The stuff she does always gives me quite a laugh. Which is good.

Poor thing just struggled so much to keep it a secret. It's understandable I suppose.  X3

I really enjoyed this one. Pinkie's antics sold most of this episode for me.

:D[/spoiler]

Aren't Celestia and Luna natural born alicorns? So, natural born alicorns are possible, just uncommon.

LostSanity

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 19, 18:21:41
Aren't Celestia and Luna natural born alicorns? So, natural born alicorns are possible, just uncommon.

I suppose.

I'll just have a hard time accepting yet another without some sort of reasoning as to why.

Mizuki

Since I didn't comment on the episode that aired on the 10th, I'll just share my thoughts without the spoiler tag :0 After that, when I get to the latest episode, then I'll post using the spoiler tag.

Anyway, here it goes!

I don't really like the way the CMC's cutie marks are designed X3 and I kinda wish Diamond Tiara had some kind of development outside of just this one episode; but instead, we had to witness her develop and have her redemption all at once. I just...why? I liked that the CMC had some kind of bully to deal with at their school, since I know my bullies never magically started to like me after x-thing happened :c I would complain about the pacing too, but I think everyone and their grandma mentioned that a dozen times.

But aside from that, I actually didn't mind the songs. :) The only song I'd really listen to over and over again is Diamond Tiara's, though. (Her VA is so talented! and the animation! Plus the lyrics were really good!) I kinda always figured that the CMC would probably get their cutie marks at the same time, (though I think it would have been more interesting- conflict wise- if they hadn't) so seeing the CMC super happy made me happy too! (And Applejack bringing up their dead parents had me like ;-; )

All in all, way better than that...other episode. (You all know the one) Hopefully this means more good things to come!

Anyway, onto the new episode:

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! That surprise!! <3 I always figured it was only a matter of time before Cadence & Shining Armor became parents, but I had no idea such a bomb would be dropped on us so soon! I'm glad I stayed away from spoilers! Also lol poor Pinkie...I've been in a similar situation! Only for me I usually had to keep secrets to protect people rather than spoil a surprise :I When it comes to surprises, I'm much more like Rarity! ;)

My only (pretty minor) knit pick is that; aside from the initial "surprise", the rest of the episode didn't really give us any twists or turns. (aside from Cadence and Shining Armor showing up early) Lately I feel like I've been complaining about the show not "surprising me" anymore, but I can't figure out if it's because I know what to expect from pony by now, or if the writers are just thinking more about deadlines than they are weaving a good story episode-by-episode. That isn't to say that the episode was written badly, I just feel a little spoiled by previous seasons. But I say that every season so I would take what I have to say with a grain of salt lol

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Sweet Brew

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Oct 19, 18:28:20
I suppose.

I'll just have a hard time accepting yet another without some sort of reasoning as to why.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 19, 18:21:41

Nah, they said they were born unicorns and became alicorns when they raised the celestial body that they govern over, like how when Twilight did the awesome spell that made her a alicorn.

It can only be earned, not born into...
Though if Shining armor and Cadances kid is an Alicorn I'mma look pretty dumb.

McClaw

I'm wondering:
Considering how insistent Pinkie was that Twilight keep the secrets she knew in "Green Isn't Your Color", why would she be so frustrated keeping this one?

Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Oct 20, 05:17:38
Nah, they said they were born unicorns and became alicorns when they raised the celestial body that they govern over, like how when Twilight did the awesome spell that made her a alicorn.

Hmmm... Trege has read some of the official MLP books, and he said one of them says Celestia and Luna were born alicorns. So, I dunno.

If you're talking about the season 1 premiere... Even though Twilight called them unicorns, they appeared as alicorns in the pictures.

Quote from: McClaw on 2015 Oct 20, 09:00:17
I'm wondering:
Considering how insistent Pinkie was that Twilight keep the secrets she knew in "Green Isn't Your Color", why would she be so frustrated keeping this one?

I don't think she was frustrated that she had to keep a secret. I think it was such a big awesome secret that she knew Twilight would be happy to know, and she was having a hard time keeping it in even though she really, really wanted to.

Dawnstar

2015 Oct 21, 23:24:34 #253 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 21, 23:26:42 by Dawnstar
Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Oct 20, 05:17:38

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 20, 17:39:53
Hmmm... Trege has read some of the official MLP books, and he said one of them says Celestia and Luna were born alicorns. So, I dunno.

If you're talking about the season 1 premiere... Even though Twilight called them unicorns, they appeared as alicorns in the pictures.

The book Journal of the Two Sisters states that both Celestia and Luna were from a population of Alicorns that lived in Canterlot before they were asked to rule over the three tribes. What happened to that population of Alicorns is anyone's guess, but apparently Alicorns lived in Eqestria and the city of Canterlot existed before the ponies even arrived.

Regarding season 1, in mythology a horse with the features of both unicorn and pegasus are either called just unicorn, just pegasus, or pegasus unicorns depending on where you look.

The term Alicorn actually refers to the material a unicorn's horn is made from, but was used by the fandom to refer to the two sisters and was eventually adopted by the show's writers.

According to one of the other books Cadence was, however, born a pegasus and ascended like Twilight.

LostSanity

Here are my thoughts for S5E20:

This one was quite a cute episode.

I enjoyed seeing all of the Pie family in their entirety, with personalities to boot!  ^-^

Pinkie's parents old fashioned way of speaking reminded me of Luna in Luna Eclipsed. Except without the shouting.  :tongue:

Limestone was kind of jerkish. It was understandable why she was so possessive with Houlder's Boulder (though I felt it was still too much) near the end of it... but... she was a little too jerkish.  :l

Marble is definitely the Fluttershy of the family though!! So shy.  :P Made me like her.  :)

Her and Big Mac and their "one words" That was quite funny.

To be perfectly honest... the conflict for this episode was a little expected. It had it's moments though. Mostly with Maud, Pinkie, or Marble and Big Mac.

It got a little disheartening near the end with the not-a-family-anymore Pie and Apple feud.  :')

It was a good heartwarming episode though and I quite enjoyed seeing all of the Pie family.

:)

Chishio Kunrin

When Applejack explained the history of Hearthswarming Eve and explained why they had the traditions they did, I thought it was just an "In case you didn't see the other Hearthswarming Eve episode" thing. But then, at the end, when she said that she didn't bother thinking about why the Pies have the traditions they have, I realized that was why she explained it.

Overall, this was a cute episode, and I really liked it.

I kinda half-expected Holder's Boulder to be an actual egg that just took a long time to hatch, and when it fell, I thought it was going to break open. I guess it's just a rock, after all. X3

Chromastone64

I liked this episode, especially Maud and Marble. Limestone, on the other hand...
I was basically screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, APPLEJACK?!" near the end, though. You don't just mess with tradition like that.
I liked a lot of the humour too, even if the fault line bit was a Necron moment.
But one bit I loved was seeing the pathway with all the glowing crystals in the snow. That's one of the only moments the show's really left me speechless.

Chishio Kunrin

Oh yeah, also, Maud goes to rock school, a school that teaches ponies all about rocks.
Pinkie asked how school has been going, and Maud was like "If you thought quartz was hard on the hardness scale, wait 'til I tell you about" something.

She seems to really love learning about rocks. Maye her future career is geologist. ^-^
And Limestone seems really passionate about the farm. I'm sure she's gonna take it over when she's older.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 26, 13:33:35
Oh yeah, also, Maud goes to rock school, a school that teaches ponies all about rocks.
Pinkie asked how school has been going, and Maud was like "If you thought quartz was hard on the hardness scale, wait 'til I tell you about" something.

She seems to really love learning about rocks. Maye her future career is geologist. ^-^
And Limestone seems really passionate about the farm. I'm sure she's gonna take it over when she's older.

I'm actually in a semi-geology course right now, and I found a few of the jokes related to it just a bit too funny...particularly the one about extrusive andesite.  Though it really makes me start wondering how Equestria  formed...

I think Maud was talking about corundum btw, and that joke makes me wonder who invented the Mohs hardness scale in Equestria.  So much history!

LostSanity

Here come thoughts for S5E21:

To be honest with you... there's really not much I can say about this one.

It was pretty much an all-around decent episode.

AJ looked cute in her costume!!  X3

Derpy in a Twilight costume was hilarious!!  :P

It's too bad Fluttershy hates Nightmare Night that much, she could make it really fun from what this episode showed.  :s

But I guess it's makes sense with her character at any rate. She doesn't like seeing her friends in danger.

This was a well-balanced overall decent episode honestly.

I can't say much else about it.

Great episode!!

:D

Go Up