Post-Season 4 discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Aug 20, 16:31:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I just thought it'd be cool if she helped Sweetie Belle finally be able to perform magic. :P
Aside from that, friendship really was the first thing I thought of that would earn Twilight her key. But then I was like "*Gasp* She's been teaching Sweetie Belle how to control her magic! O:"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Dawnstar

I'm sure she will learn how to successfully use magic from twilight. She got the hang of levitation during twilight time, and she probably couldn't ask for a better teacher.

But at the same time this is why I say it won't be teaching magic that will help twilight earn her key. It's like teaching a pegasus to fly, far too common and little significance behind it.

A lesson on friendship is far more significant, however. Aside from the name of the series we can go back to the beginning where twilight almost went out of her way to avoid  making friends, and it took a significant circumstance (and a little nudge from celestia) to get her to realize friendship's importance. Not to mention connecting her to her element in the first place.

Then you have a pony like starswirl who, like twilight, was an extremely gifted unicorn in magic, but, unlike twilight, he never understood friendship the way she does, which was the reason why there was one spell he never could finish.

sieemkatfm

I can not wait new episode

KingM

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Apr 07, 14:22:18
Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Apr 07, 13:43:27
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 07, 08:37:02
I honestly don't even recognize her as a character anymore. Every time she opens her mouth anymore I seriously just think "Oh, shut up, Pinkie!". When's the last time she's said anything even remotely worthwhile? She's become a complete joke.

I've kind of got my fingers crossed that the series finale will reveal this Pinkie is just a changeling and the real Pinkie has been held hostage by Chrysalis the whole time.

I completely agree with the both of you.  Pinkie is now a walking punch line.  What happened to the old Pink-
Oh my sweet Celestia.

[I]THE MIRROR POOL.[/i]
Could it be?
Could it really be that simple?
You know, I actually have my own little theory about the Mirror Pool. Did you notice that when there was only ONE copy, she was actually pretty intelligent compared to when there were a ton copies. I personally believe that the more copies there are, the less intelligent the copies will be. So maybe after they "fixed" the situation, there may be one copy left they didn't find, making that one intelligent after returning all the rest. And that is the Pinkie we've seen for a lot of this season.

that doesn't really quite work as the original pinkie still acted normal while the first copy was just as brain dead as the other copies after it.

but really it hasn't been that bad for her. Pinkie Pride definitely shows off her top tier status.
Celestia kicked me out and now I'm stuck here

LostSanity

2014 Apr 20, 17:49:52 #424 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 21, 18:18:46 by LostSanity
Spoiler: show
To be honest... I'm not sure what to say about this episode...

I've seen the "trade this for that" in previous cartoons before, which made me smile.

I enjoyed this episode though and that's really all that matters to me.

^-^
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Buddy Minute

I wanted to say something about how this episode shows promise from a new writer, but after checking the wiki this is apparently the guy's second episode. Still, I like how ambitious this episode is. Multiple plots, tons of stuff going on, balancing multiple characters, and doing this all in one setting. I look forward to more stuff by this guy. I say this because, while I admire what this episode tries to do, it wasn't that great! My biggest complaint about this episode is that it's just "good." There's a ton of great background stuff, a few good jokes, but also a bunch of cliches and dull plots.

Rarity/Apple's subplot had one or two good jokes but was mostly boring. There was no tension, and barely anything to care about. It was an intentionally silly argument, and it barely made an impact.

Rainbow/Fluttershy was truly the real meat of the episode, but it's such a cliche plot! They did some good thing with it, the personalities of the traders were entertaining at times, but it doesn't help that I've seen this plot before.

Pink/Twilight was a surprising treat, and easily the best one. It's not so cliche, and Pinkie was hilarious. 

ManeFlame

I enjoyed it cause hey, why not.
However, I did find one thing odd, given the production team's usual references and what not.

A whole episode about a trading chain and not one Zelda reference. At least that I could see.

Dawnstar

2014 Apr 20, 23:20:41 #427 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 20, 23:25:06 by Dawnstar
The argument between Rarity and Applejack did seem like a hark back to Look Before You Sleep from season one to me, but took more of a backseat role to Fluttershy and Rainbow. Which I saw coming a mile away right up to the "no I don't want it any more." Though that didn't exactly make it bad, I actually found it rather amusing.

Fun fact: The pony in the wheelchair is an OC named Stellar Eclipse voiced by his own creator courtesy of the Make a Wish Foundation.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2014 Apr 20, 23:20:41
The argument between Rarity and Applejack did seem like a hark back to Look Before You Sleep from season one to me, but took more of a backseat role to Fluttershy and Rainbow. Which I saw coming a mile away right up to the "no I don't want it any more." Though that didn't exactly make it bad, I actually found it rather amusing.

Fun fact: The pony in the wheelchair is an OC named Stellar Eclipse voiced by his own creator courtesy of the Make a Wish Foundation.

I loved the wheelchair pony the moment I saw him. :3

This was a fairly underwhelming episode, though. I wonder if they were putting a lot more focus into the premiere, finale, and key episodes or something.

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 20, 23:39:13

This was a fairly underwhelming episode, though. I wonder if they were putting a lot more focus into the premiere, finale, and key episodes or something.

[Spoiler]Actually...The gavel Twi used had a rainbow on it...
Spoiler: DUN DUN DUNNNN • show

Seriously though, maybe we'll be seeing more of Twi's Key in the Finale?  That's the only thing that seems to make sense to me.[/spoiler]
<br />

AaronMk

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Apr 21, 00:08:21
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 20, 23:39:13

[Spoiler]Actually...The gavel Twi used had a rainbow on it...
Spoiler: DUN DUN DUNNNN • show

Seriously though, maybe we'll be seeing more of Twi's Key in the Finale?  That's the only thing that seems to make sense to me.[/spoiler]

It's too bad the gavel had a real rainbow on it, and not the mane six key rainbow. The "rainbow" we've been seeing on their keys is just their coat colors. :P

Zhai

about last episode

i loooove episodes with the full mane 6 without any extra character like the breezies or CMC :3
(i need more episodes like this  DD:)

also i love stellar eclipse, the weelchair pony, so much. ooooh that hair <33 so sad about the guy, i wish him the best
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

byndbored

Rarity became a super villain this episode,because of this I have decided that from now on her new nickname is "The Bedazzler".
ovO
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Zhai

ahahah i loved this week's episode so much.

rarity ♥ ♥ :3
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

Buddy Minute

Hey, this was a good episode! Maybe the best Spike episode, for what it's worth. It kinds of feels like this episode was for people who feel Spike has been mistreating--a kind of redemption episode.

I got a lot of laughs out of magically possessed Rarity. She was so crazy, so obviously dangerous, and something about seeing her in this state was hilarious. She was a (albeit mostly harmless) disaster waiting to happen. Props to the art design--those green eyes were terrifying in just the right way. 

Speaking of disasters, this episode had a lot of a certain type of humor. Mostly, ponies suffering, but not in a way that really does them much harm. It's like a Castle-Maneia--they'll get over it. That's how I look at it at least.

Meanwhile, I love how Spike just got away with everything in this episode. Watching him tell off Twilight was strangely funny. I also like how he maintained his...what's the word..."moral core?" He did everything for the right reasons, and it's nice to see him man up in the end.

LostSanity

I really don't know what to say about this episode. Just like the last one.

It was pretty funny and a little "Oh crap" at the dark magic/evil Rarity stuff.

I liked it.

^-^
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

It was very nice to see a Spike episode that was actually good and entertaining, though mainly Rarity was the one who made it really good. Though, I like how Spike behaved throughout the episode. He just wanted to help, and he didn't want to hurt Rarity's feelings because he knew that she only had the best intentions in mind, though they became more insane. They both thought they were doing the right thing. Spike had to open his eyes and realize the damage Rarity was doing, with a little push from Owlowicious. Rarity, of course, needed to be snapped out of it by Spike, and it wasn't her fault anyway, considering she was possessed by dark magic.

I like how the effect on Rarity's eyes made her really creepy, without being too creepy or scary.

Oh, I also like that Princess Luna was mentioned to be there! :3

DawnsEmbrace

Well...

Only one more episode until the Season Finale.

And I still don't have anyone to watch it with...

I'm really looking forward to it anyway though.
<br />

Mizuki

I'm still not entirely sure why this season keeps hyping the "Equestria Games" more so than the search for the "six keys".

I guess it's kinda like the time when season one kept hyping up the Grand Galloping Gala, but they had an excuse since there wasn't a real "goal" otherwise. (They defeated Nightmare Moon and there weren't any major threats at the time)

I know it's an annoying knit-pick by now, and I know we've gotten the blatantly obvious key episodes already, but I can't help but be bothered by it. :c

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Go Up