Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LunarDusk

Kids at public schools...tch unteachable they are, ignorant...and I look down on them.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2014 Aug 29, 20:58:43
Kids at public schools...tch unteachable they are, ignorant...and I look down on them.

Not all kids at public schools are like that. :\ I went to public school, and I always made A's and B+'s on my tests.
One year, at the start of the second semester, I almost yelled out in the middle of class when I got my report card from the first semester and saw I made a 100 on one of my semester exams! lol

Okay, so this basically sums up a thing that annoys me:
Google CEO: I'm bored. We haven't done anything in a while.
employee: How about we redesign Youtube again?
Google CEO: Give that man a raise!

It seriously took me a few moments to figure out where the Like button was, so I could Like a video. :s
Just so everyone else knows: The Like and Dislike buttons for videos are right under the Likes/Dislikes bar.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Randam Saiko

When my friends are asking me pointless and stupid "What if" questions.

"What if" that i'm ok with:
What if you don't get accepted into the college you wanted?
What if we have a natural disaster?
What if I have a financial crisis? What do I do?

"What if" that are annoying and stupid:
What if I punched you in the face?
What if I suddenly get super powers?
What if this impossible thing happened?

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

A-the-register charity collection. It's just a means for companies like Yum brands to look generous and charitable without having to spend a penny of their own profits. They make their customers do all the donating and they get to pat themselves on the back for how caring and selfless they are for being generous with other people's money.

I don't want to be put on the spot every time I make a purchase. If Yum brands wants to support the Boys and Girls club of America then how about skimming 0.5% off of that 13 billion dollar revenue? That's 65 million dollars, twice as much as the register hold-up has generated in 10 years.

Little Star

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2014 Aug 29, 20:58:43

Uhh, I think you might be talking about the wrong group of people.
I go to a public school (keeping in mind it IS a college prep school.) There is a group of kids who are bad, causing trouble and making Fs. Then there is the good group, like me. Making As, Bs, being trusted by teachers.

Now, don't get me started on some of the private school kids. Thinking they're better than us because they can afford to pay unreasonable prices for school. I'm sorry if I'm poor and can't afford to pay $500 a month for school. It's not my fault. I went to a private school from Pre-K to 2nd grade. From then on I went to public school and everything is fine.

STOP. Stereotyping. Thanks, bye.

LostSanity

When people bash video games/video game series I like.

Also... this forum continues to prove that what I last said during my last "rant" on here is pretty much accurate.

Good job.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

cloudwilk

When the kids who get A's and B's feel particularly better about themselves for it. I was in the higher education classes and noticed a different kind of ignorance; Among some of course, as it is in every case, not all.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

The Stars

Players... Just... Players.
I should probably explain my situation -- A few of you may know this already, but for the lot of you who don't, I have become completely heads over heels for this one girl, and my goodness she is just... PERFECT! @w@ There's literally nothing wrong with her at all -- She's independent, strong, funny, intelligent, lax, and just plain awesome! How can I say no to that!?
Well, apparently there's some other guy who can't, and guess what? He happens to be the president of the roleplaying site, Ponysquare... @.@ Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, That's not helping me with my inferiority complex one freakin bit. Now, after a while, I started to see that itself isn't that bad, I've heard it from her that she would actually love to be with me (For the record, YAY! owo), but from a couple of friends I hear he's going after 3-4 girls at the SAME TIME, one of them being a girl that my friend likes...
What the heck? Is one girl not even good enough for this guy? Is the girl I like not good enough for him that he has to try and go out with 3 other people behind her back!? Blah, ignoring the fact that He's trying to go out with the girl I like, but really, If you can't so much as promise to commit yourself to one person -- One single person, then why should you even be allowed to date people at all? I mean, just, no! It doesn't work that way! (At least not well) And besides, love isn't just something you can use to get all the men/women you want -- I know a lot of people have different definitions of love, But that most certainly should NOT be one.

S-Sorry, sorry, but I just needed to be out and rant about that... Just, Players... I despise  them so freaking much...
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Midnight Breeze

Computer-illiterate staff who call IT for tech support because their monitor isn't posting...when it's not even plugged in.

You can't even make sure the dang thing is plugged in and turned on before calling tech support?

Chishio Kunrin

In a dream I had, there was an Equestria Girls movie on TV, and it had an interesting plot, but it was live action, and the young girl who was playing Twilight Sparkle had this horribly annoying whiny voice, so I turned it off. >:/

Basically, I hate when every single thing that someone says is whined instead of said.
It's like this Inuyasha game I got years ago... You can play as a boy or a girl. I suggest you play as a boy, even if you're a girl. There's pretty much no difference between what the two of them say or do. It's basically the same lines and stuff. However, while the boy is normal about it, the girl whines almost all of her lines!

Riding the bus with her friend, she finds out everyone else has dates, and she's single. Whines sadly.
She gets to a festival her parents are hosting late. Whines about it.
She falls through the floor of a storage building, through a portal, and into a forest in feudal Japan. Whines.
Can't get a cell phone signal to call her parents. Whines.
People from a nearby village think she's a demon, so she runs away and... whines.
Runs into Inuyasha and is afraid of him. Whines.
Travels with Inuyasha to a village and meets Kagome, who tells her she's in feudal Japan. She's really confused, so she whines about it.

So yeah, in that game:
Girl = DD:
Boy = :\
(I mean the expressions, not the ponies themselves)

Chack

Quote from: The Stars on 2014 Aug 30, 12:11:23
Players... Just... Players.
I should probably explain my situation -- A few of you may know this already, but for the lot of you who don't, I have become completely heads over heels for this one girl, and my goodness she is just... PERFECT! @w@ There's literally nothing wrong with her at all -- She's independent, strong, funny, intelligent, lax, and just plain awesome! How can I say no to that!?
Well, apparently there's some other guy who can't, and guess what? He happens to be the president of the roleplaying site, Ponysquare... @.@ Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, That's not helping me with my inferiority complex one freakin bit. Now, after a while, I started to see that itself isn't that bad, I've heard it from her that she would actually love to be with me (For the record, YAY! owo), but from a couple of friends I hear he's going after 3-4 girls at the SAME TIME, one of them being a girl that my friend likes...
What the heck? Is one girl not even good enough for this guy? Is the girl I like not good enough for him that he has to try and go out with 3 other people behind her back!? Blah, ignoring the fact that He's trying to go out with the girl I like, but really, If you can't so much as promise to commit yourself to one person -- One single person, then why should you even be allowed to date people at all? I mean, just, no! It doesn't work that way! (At least not well) And besides, love isn't just something you can use to get all the men/women you want -- I know a lot of people have different definitions of love, But that most certainly should NOT be one.

S-Sorry, sorry, but I just needed to be out and rant about that... Just, Players... I despise  them so freaking much...

Obviously, he's a guy with self-esteem issues himself. Going out with more than one girl at a time just gets him attention. Nothing more. People like that bug the heck outta me. No need to be sorry about them (or for them, for that matter).
Wait for it...

Chishio Kunrin

So, people in the RWBY community are still trying to figure out what Velvet Scarlatina's weapon might be.
Here's what we know:
- They said she's a "mage" type. Mage pretty much means she's gonna use dust.
- She's agile.
- She carries her weapon in a box that has a shoulder strap. Monty said he'll "try to fit it" in there. That's what seriously stumps me, since all the other characters' weapons get stored away just fine, even Ruby's gigantic scythe. Ruby just folds her scythe up and puts it on a hook on the back of her belt. What could possibly be harder to put away than a scythe that's a little taller than a 15-year-old girl?

Anyway, onto what annoys me...
Some people's ideas and speculations make me feel that they're seriously not paying attention to anything.

Spoiler: Rant • show
Some people thought maybe her weapon is a bow or crossbow with dust-tipped arrows or bolts. I kept having to tell everyone, that would make her an archer, not a mage. And this is on the wiki where people can actually read the fact that she's a mage type.

Some people's ideas are straight-up magic, when dust is not magic, and these ideas even tend to include stuff that dust cannot do.
Basically, dust is a mineral that's mined from the ground as crystals and can be ground into powder. It contains energy, and what effect it has depends on what color it is (for the audience's convenience). Some of its more raw usages include
- Loading it into a weapon, like Weiss' rapier which has a revolving chamber that she places vials of powdered dust into. The dust coats the blade for various effects, like making giant ice crystals.
- Sewing dust-infused thread into clothing.
- Even holding a dust crystal, someone can channel its energy through themselves.
And of course, dust only has a limited amount of energy stored within.

Well, I've recently seen someone suggest that Velvet's weapon is a spell book.
>:/ Yes. A spell book. And someone added onto that "Maybe it has runes in it, and when she reads one of the runes, it comes off the page" and "Maybe the pages are infused with dust that can cast curses."
*Siiigh* It doesn't help that Monty has specifically insisted that dust is not magic. There is no magic in RWBY, at all. This is because magic can do whatever it wants to and generally doesn't have limitations. He doesn't want to open the way for characters to become OP like that.

I've actually seen someone suggest that if someone combines all the types of dust, it'll make some kind of philosopher's stone super dust that allows them to utilize all the elements, change the weather, and cause natural disasters.
WOW. Wow. That's OP as anything. If someone tried to make that canon, Monty would shut them down in an instant. He has more sense than that!

That person was actually even going on and on about dust following the chakra graph that they saw in Naruto, when there is actually nothing whatsoever that would suggest that. I mean, this person had even watched the World of Remnant #1 video that explains dust. The very first mistake they made was saying there are five basic types of dust, when the video itself said there are four.

And then it also annoys me when people keep suggesting that someone using an elemental attack is their semblance or saying that someone would have an elemental semblance. No, if they're using an elemental attack, it's most likely dust. That's what dust is there for. Fire, ice, lightning, etc etc. What would be the point of giving someone a semblance that everybody else can do by going to the store and buying a dust crystal?

I'm not expecting people to be super-fans, but dang, can y'all please actually pay attention?

Randam Saiko

Those moments when people are constantly trying to get me into their interest, though I had stated in the past that I had no interest in them. It's like me going up to them whispering, "At the strike of pure dusk, we shall eradicate the light and engage in the act of witch craft and voodoo magic...." Screaming for me to get into hip-hop culture is like me screaming at you to delve into the macabre. Neither is going to succeed and will only get negative results.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

MrEmu

Something feels very wrong, but I don't know what it is...

Ramisha

I got a rose thorn stuck in my finger  :s I hope it comes out because it hurts when I bend my finger

Chromastone64

I got a grand total of 0 hours sleep last night. :x Probably explains why I'm up so early.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Aug 31, 04:14:20 #13956 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 31, 04:27:24 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Aug 31, 03:44:56
I got a rose thorn stuck in my finger  :s I hope it comes out because it hurts when I bend my finger

Owwww! >A<
Have you tried having someone else try to pull it out for you? Sometimes it's easier to get someone else to do something that hurts you since they won't hold back as much and will get it done. Like the time my mom helped me with a spider bite...

My mom's cat Junior keeps climbing the curtains in her room, standing on top of the curtain rod, and then crying because he can't get down. :l Then I have to get a chair from the kitchen, stand on it, and try to coax him onto my shoulder so I can drop him on the bed. Why does he keep doing that if he gets scared when he gets to the top?!

Post Merge

Basically, it's really annoying how smart animals can be so stupid sometimes.

This past week, we babysat my grandma's three dogs - two chihuahuas and a miniature pinscher.
We just took them back to her... technically yesterday, since it's like 3 in the morning here now.
The night before, the min pin somehow got into some candy and ate some. She's lucky it didn't kill her, btw, since there was chocolate in it, and she ate it to where all that was left was ripped up wrappers. :/ Anyway...

Pretty much, it upset her stomach and caused her to have the nastiest stinky soft poo in the back seat of my mom's car while we were on our way to my grandma's house. It smelled so bad that we both gagged, so we had to stop at a gas station so I could get paper towels to clean it up.
When I came back out of the gas station, all three dogs had stepped in the poop, ran back and forth across the entire back seat, and the min pin had jumped up front and stepped on my mom's white shorts multiple times before she managed to shove her back in the back seat. For being the small dog that a min pin is, that dog is really strong. She and my mom ended up in a stalemate as she tried to get back into the front while my mom pushed her with literally all the strength she had, until the dog gave up.

So anyway, yeah, it was awful... They were so stupid to step in it.
And I've mentioned here before that I have sort of an "immunity" to most bad smells, so when something smells so bad that it makes me gag, you know it's horrible.

ManeFlame

People behind you who don't stop at red lights.  >:/

DawnsEmbrace

When I show even passive interest in something, my parents take it way farther than they should.
<br />

Chromastone64

So, me and my mum were in line for McDonalds today. I wasn't paying too much attention since I was listening to music and standing in front of her. Someone walks past me, and a few seconds later, my mum is suddenly swearing up a storm to herself. I ask her what's wrong.
Turns out the lady that walked by had just shoved her out of the way.
I swear, if I'd seen it... >:(
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Go Up