Season 5 Discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2014 Jan 31, 19:17:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 24, 16:48:11
Spoiler: show
I don't think Gilda reformed too quickly. They showed why she was the way she was. Griffinstone's culture is focused on greed, everyone's a miserable grump, no one cares about friendship, and no one does anything for anyone just because it's the right/nice thing to do. A griffin left Dash to die in the abyss just because she didn't have any bits left. Money is the only thing that drives a griffin to do anything, not to help someone in need. Gilda had a taste of friendship when she met Rainbow Dash. It's just that she never really dropped the rude grumpy attitude that Griffinstone had put in her, and that cost her her only friend. So, when Pinkie helped Gilda make friends with a griffin, it reignited that awesome feeling that friendship brings, and it gave her a rush of great feelings. There's also the fact that Dash approached her. She never learned how to make a friend on her own. So, she was also filled with a feeling of "I did it! I actually did it!!"

And yeah, the art and animation of the griffin history was awesome! :3

I know, it just felt like
End of Scene: Doesn't mean we're friends.
Next scene: Definitly friends.
But eh, just my opinion. Also, what was the name of that goat-cyclops thing? It sounded like Ahriman :D
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

LostSanity

Here come Episode 8 thoughts. Worry not, it's not like my previous episode's thoughts:

First of all, let me start out by saying that I liked this episode A WHOLE LOT MORE than the last episode.

Now, unfortunately, I'm one of those people that didn't like Gilda and to be completely honest, I didn't like seeing her again. My frustration continues when she continued to prove how much of a jerk she is.

However, I did like the character development they did with her in the flashback. Now if only she could be like that now I wouldn't dislike her and be more willing to accept her. Plus, this episode made it abundantly clear that griffons are unbelievably greedy.

Issues with griffons aside... I really liked this episode. Makes me forgive what happened with the previous episode.

Yay for another GREAT episode!!

:D

P.S.: No I still don't like Gilda.   :l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

8-bit Raider

I actually really liked Gilda in this episode. It showed that she's more than just a greedy old antagonist who likes to annoy and be rude to others; the flashback scene was really something, not to mention it was adorable (Lil' Griffons are very cute!). It shows who Gilda used to be; and by the looks of it, a good friend and an overall kind person. She used to be shy and lonely, and Rainbow Dash was her only friend. I think once her and Rainbow Dash lost a little contact with eachother (the years/months before her first appearance), she grew a little lonely in Griffonstone. With no friends the greed rubbed off on her, and she became an insufferable jerk like the rest of them. Gilda's a nice person on the inside - and I hope she makes an appearance again.  0:)
Ruining lives for a wonderful 17 years

LostSanity

Welp... with previews out for Episode 100 now...

There's really one one thing I can say.............

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

NOW GO CELEBRATE BY LISTENING TO YOUR FAVORITE SONG!!!!!!!!!

*Lights the Fire Up in the Night*

:3

Jinxie Umbra

Spoiler: Episode 100 Teasers • show
Derpy speaks! Woo! Also, Octavia speaks again! Kazumi does that British accent so well, haha. :D

Though I must admit: considering the date it airs, I'm disappointed the monster is not Indominus Rex. lol

Sunshine Smash

Bit of a controversial opinion inbound. Sorry if someone will take this the wrong way.

Am I really the only one not hyped up for this? I don't know..... I guess I really can't find it in me to actually care... I want to care, really, I do. But I just don't have it in med to care for an episode about background characters going on some silly quest, right out of the bad seasons of Adventure Time....

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Jun 07, 00:06:26
Bit of a controversial opinion inbound. Sorry if someone will take this the wrong way.

Am I really the only one not hyped up for this? I don't know..... I guess I really can't find it in me to actually care... I want to care, really, I do. But I just don't have it in med to care for an episode about background characters going on some silly quest, right out of the bad seasons of Adventure Time....

It's basically a fanservice episode, so I can see how some people wouldn't care about it. But some bronies put a lot of time and effort into focusing on certain background characters, and to see them come to life in canon seems really exciting and interesting.

Kids might find it fun and interesting to meet new characters. This will also allow Hasbro to widen their merchandise even more to include more characters, so they can make more money.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Dawnstar

Gonna start off saying I haven't seen the teasers, but I have a general idea of what's going on just because of how excited the fandom's getting.

That said:
It's definitely going to be a fanservice episode that's for sure, and from a business standpoint it would make some sense. Increase the number of interesting characters and you increase the number of toys you can make outside the main cast, or increase the popularity of already existing toys.

Honestly though, I think I'm more afraid that they're going to try too hard with the fanservice.

Oh, and don't forget the inevitable shock waves around the fandom because this episode -will- more than likely break a few headcanons.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2015 Jun 09, 18:13:59
Gonna start off saying I haven't seen the teasers, but I have a general idea of what's going on just because of how excited the fandom's getting.

That said:
It's definitely going to be a fanservice episode that's for sure, and from a business standpoint it would make some sense. Increase the number of interesting characters and you increase the number of toys you can make outside the main cast, or increase the popularity of already existing toys.

Honestly though, I think I'm more afraid that they're going to try too hard with the fanservice.

Oh, and don't forget the inevitable shock waves around the fandom because this episode -will- more than likely break a few headcanons.

I think there's a video in which someone from the crew even says that some of the characters will be what the fandom has made them, but some won't. So, you're right.

Derpy's new voice is incredibly sweet and cute, though. :3

Whether or not they're trying too hard will probably be rather subjective for the most part, unless they try reeeeally hard. But from what I've seen, the episode, while really obviously fanservice-y, will be pretty fun.

LostSanity

Well... it's almost here...

There's only one thing left to say...

Since I'm the ONLY fan of TWEWY on here apparently... ( :'( ) allow me to quote a lyric from one of there MANY amazing songs:

"Until this time is up, I can't give up on you. Until this time is up, I'll never give this up"

*does Neku idle music listening*

:P

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Jun 13, 13:17:51 #130 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 13, 13:20:00 by Chishio Kunrin
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ovO That was great!!

Dr. Whooves is practically canon! Derpy called him "Doc," he's really into science, Derpy went to him asking for time travel, he wore the scarf, he even said "Allonsy!"

Derpy Hooves mailmare confirmed! Her new voice is adorable!

Bon Bon is named Bon Bon, and they tied in Hasbro's name for her, Sweetie Drops! And she's best friends with Lyra! Lyra mentioned the benches they sat on together! That secret agent Bon Bon thing came out of nowhere, but I really like it for some reason.

Octavia and Vinyl confirmed roommates! Their musical duet was awesome, especially when they headed to the wedding! :3

Steven Magnet! They even called him Steven Magnet!

This episode was entertaining, comedic, and fun! Also, those facial expressions!! Loved 'em! Like when Doctor asked about the word "man." I just love how expressive all the ponies were this episode!!!

Also, the Gummy part was... interesting? :I I mean, I liked it, but wow, it was... really unexpected. And kinda weird. So... Gummy is definitely sentient.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jun 13, 13:17:51
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ovO That was great!!

Dr. Whooves is practically canon! Derpy called him "Doc," he's really into science, Derpy went to him asking for time travel, he wore the scarf, he even said "Allonsy!"

Derpy Hooves mailmare confirmed! Her new voice is adorable!

Bon Bon is named Bon Bon, and they tied in Hasbro's name for her, Sweetie Drops! And she's best friends with Lyra! Lyra mentioned the benches they sat on together! That secret agent Bon Bon thing came out of nowhere, but I really like it for some reason.

Octavia and Vinyl confirmed roommates! Their musical duet was awesome, especially when they headed to the wedding! :3

Steven Magnet! They even called him Steven Magnet!

This episode was entertaining, comedic, and fun! Also, those facial expressions!! Loved 'em! Like when Doctor asked about the word "man." I just love how expressive all the ponies were this episode!!!

Also, the Gummy part was... interesting? :I I mean, I liked it, but wow, it was... really unexpected. And kinda weird. So... Gummy is definitely sentient.

Pretty much all of this.

I personally loved seeing Celestia and Luna bickering over who forgot the wedding gift; it just gave them so much more depth to see that neither of them are infallible as others think they are...and it was hilarious (and in an odd way sweet) to see them fighting like siblings.

Finally, while he wasn't a major contender in the episode, Button Mash coming back after being nothing but a one-off gag that took off with the fandom was so sweet.  It was Derpy (still calling her that, but Muffins is cute too) all over again, even fighting through the Hasbro legal issues!  ^-^

Naura

Okay, I'll try to be short on everything, but I can't promise anything.

Derpy and the Dr, meeeh, I don't like the ship, but they didn't go too over board, luckily.
Love Octavias and Derpys voices, and the moment where Vinyl and she were preparing the wedding song, YES!
Gummys voice, I always imagined it that way x3
The royal sisters arguing like siblings.
An (apparently) nice changeling
Steven Magnet has returned!
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Jun 13, 14:47:49 #133 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 13, 14:52:28 by Chishio Kunrin
Oh yeah, I forgot about the changeling! :D

Also, guys... Spike confirmed for background pony. :P

Post Merge

OH! And the Twilight scepter returned!! O: With a vengeance!!!

Jinxie Umbra

2015 Jun 13, 19:10:25 #134 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 14, 05:31:15 by KuddlyKalli
That was amazing! So much epic win in this episode. Gummy cracked me up. lol

And yeah, that unusual (uninvited?) guest...

Part of your message was redacted by moderation, a bit too dark for the forums.  Please read the rules
~Darcy

Night Pony

The episode reminded me of Double rainboom from all the things it had in them. Not gonna list them but I loved them all. I was mostly facepalming and smiling like an idiot when seeing a new thing and going "They put that in there too? My gawd..." lol

So yeah...best episode so far.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

LostSanity

I guess it's time for my Episode 9/Episode 100 thoughts huh?

Come on. Isn't it kind of obvious?

Well... either way... here it is...

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

:3

Go celebrate.

Chromastone64

A
MAZE
ING!!!
I was freaking out from the start of the episode! DERPY'S BACK! DOCTOR HOOVES IS CANON! BUTTON MASH WAS THERE TOO!!!
The only things I found a bit "meh" was the whole "secret agent Bon Bon" thing, and the absolutely out of nowhere Twilicane (even if I burst out laughing at it). Plus, Steven Magnet kinda annoys me. Also, the Mane 6 can beat Tirak, Chrysalis, manticores and more, yet this "bugbear" thing gives them so much trouble?
But any way, I loved seeing the Princesses with their little sqabble over the gift. Gummy is apparently a saint or something.
And then, the icing on the wedding cake (Ha ha)

:D Not sure why he's allowed at a wedding, but, whatever! THEY LIVE! WOOOOO!!!
This might be my favourite episode for a while...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Jun 15, 12:31:39
A
MAZE
ING!!!
I was freaking out from the start of the episode! DERPY'S BACK! DOCTOR HOOVES IS CANON! BUTTON MASH WAS THERE TOO!!!
The only things I found a bit "meh" was the whole "secret agent Bon Bon" thing, and the absolutely out of nowhere Twilicane (even if I burst out laughing at it). Plus, Steven Magnet kinda annoys me. Also, the Mane 6 can beat Tirak, Chrysalis, manticores and more, yet this "bugbear" thing gives them so much trouble?
But any way, I loved seeing the Princesses with their little sqabble over the gift. Gummy is apparently a saint or something.
And then, the icing on the wedding cake (Ha ha)

:D Not sure why he's allowed at a wedding, but, whatever! THEY LIVE! WOOOOO!!!
This might be my favourite episode for a while...

I think the changeling is friends with Cranky or something. Everyone at the wedding was someone Cranky befriended during his journey to find his love.

I think the secret agent Bon Bon thing was partially due to Hasbro having her toy named Sweetie Drops. They wanted to call her by her fan name, but they needed to call her by the name Hasbro gave her, so... they found a way to call her both. I'm kind of neutral about it, to be honest. Though, I do like that we had some things in the episode that were genuinely unexpected, such as that.

Shadow-Flare

sooo much shipping going on in in one episode lol  :I

Go Up