Galvin Roe's Charaterapalooza

Started by GalvinRoe, 2012 Apr 25, 18:27:52

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GalvinRoe

2012 Apr 25, 18:27:52 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 14, 13:00:55 by GalvinRoe
Green Stroke's

Spoiler: show
 Eccentric artist, mainly author. Stallion that travels the world looking for insperation, creativity and stories. Constantly on the go, he doesn't consider any county his "home" nor does he side with sides who have wars against each other. Stroke's has a strict philosophy on life: "The individual is important, is everything!" He doesn't care for great empires or governments of any sort. The only thing that matters to him is the happiness of the individual.

Green Strokes is well kept from his travels through different lands, he can fight just mediocore, as he has picked up some martial arts along the way. Still he is NOT a pony who would fight if the situation had ANY other resolution and as Green Stroke's likes to say: "There is ALWAYS another resolution."

Green Stroke is likeable for his eccentric behaviour but can easily be just as un-likable for . . . his eccentric behaviour. His ideas are often puzziling to ponies around him and sometimes, most times, ponies just lable him as a crazy old coot and don't look deeper into his meanings and metaphors.

Green Strokes has a small entourage, consisting of: Right Hoof (Strokes' personal assistant) and Bright Mane (Strokes' apprentice)

Statistics:

Age:                                                                                35

Gender:                                                                        Male

Cutie Mark:                                          Three Green Strokes

Eye Color:                                                                  Green

Mane & Tail Color:                                            Silver, White

Coat Color:                                               Light, light Green

Physique:                                                Well-kept, not Buff

Species:                                                              Earth Pony

Cloathing:                                                                    Many

~~~~~~~~~Personal~~~~~~~~~~

Life Goal:                Have everypony sharing the same ammout of freedom and happiness

Personality:                                                Eccentric artist with a very definitive look on life

Likes:                                Happy ponies, Artistic ponies, Creativity, Friendship, Productivity

Dislikes:                                            Government, Gods, Overly - powerful beings, SLAVERY

Friends:                                  Anyone and everyone he happens to meet along his travels   

Enemies:            Alberto Rondierzo (Author who preaches the OPPOSITE of Strokes' ideas)

(Original signup for Sweet and Elite; Original Green Strokes)

[spoiler] Name: Green Strokes
Race: Earth Pony, with a unicorn assistant (stallion) and a unicorn apprentice (mare), if my apprentice cannot attend the party I shall still need my assistant (he carries my things)
Nationality: Equestiran (but has traveled all over the world and doesn't consider Equestria his country)
Occupation: High End Artist (Author, Poet, Painter (surreal and impressionistic) and philosopher)
Personality: A little lost in his own mind, has a small amount of trouble "relating" to others but talkative and outgoing. Does not have a firm understanding on the difference between kindness/rudeness but it should only become a problem when discussing art (mainly his) or philosophy.
Description/image: White waving locks, stylized just to the point where they are clearly not naturally falling the way they do but still seemingly chaotic in appearance. Violent Green eyes that hold a great deal of passion and tension. Pale - Pale green skin so light it is almost white but the hue is most certainly there. Tail is completely removed at  the moment. If I am accepted when I enter the hall I shall be wearing a ridiculous pair of pixie paper (translucent and opalescent) wings, about twice my size in width (these do not work just a fashion and philosophical statement! I shall quickly remove them but should prove an interesting topic, I hope .) My formal attire something of a viridian (metallic silver green) kimono <- (Japanese robed clothing)
Equipment: Pocket watch, monocle (hanging loosely by ear, hardly ever uses), my three trusted fountain pens and a green "leather" (fake leather of course, we are ponies!) book-sash holding "A Fight for Immortality", "The Seventeen Obstacles" (both books by me) and "Nevermare Strange and Mr. Coarse" (My favorite book by some pony author)
Religion: TRUTH is this pony's religion the burning truth he believes lies deep within
Important info/background: Just returned from a far off land (do not want to go too much in detail with this but if asked I can find something), I believe the only reason I would be invited to this party is if Fancy Pants was a fan of mine or we are old chums, I am known for being slightly uncouth and very unorthodox but I have also been honored as a top notch l party guest. At least others are entertained watching my eccentricities

[/spoiler]

Green Strokes', that eccentric artist.

Right Hoof

Name: Right Hoof
Race: Unicorn
Nationality: Equestrian, lived in Canterlot till he moved to pony-ville.
Occupation: Green Stroke's assistant: carries the loads; writes, what I dictate to him; makes dinner (decent chef, not good) and other menial tasks
Personality: VERY level headed, more than a few times has he saved Green Stroke's from an unfavorable situation, even conversation wise! Although not the conversationalist his employer is, he has developed a good "sense" in diverting conversations when they begin reaching too close to those dangerous waters. Not terribly creative and does not have much "of interest" to say. 
Equipment: Paint brushes, paints, chalk, pastels, ink, INSPERATION BOOK and paper all in a specialized black saddle bag
Description/image: A Big stallion, (muscular and tall) Right Hoof is a little imposing but his soft brown eyes show his inner kindness. His mane and tail are jet black and not tidy, his mane might be a little longer than a gentlecolt might sport. Wears a plain tunic of brown "leather" over his brown coat.
  Right Hoof is not very proficient at using magic, he can only do small things (write, cook and dress) with his power. He is far more physical than most unicorns and does a great deal of manual labor for Green Strokes. This physicality is what brought him to pony-ville, as the original town for Earth-ponies, a lot of manual labor occurred. He worked as a construction pony for awhile than met Green Strokes, who enticed him with stories of the far world. Since then Right Hoof has been working for Green Strokes exclusively

Right Hoof: The sensible pony in the party.

Bright Mane

Name: Bright Mane

Nationality: Equestria, Canterlot

Personality: Sarcastic and sometimes sardonic, had a horrible childhood but has been slowly recovering under Strokes' guardianship. Quiet, does not like to talk to other ponies much but will if prompted. Gets angry easily and a little moody (Teenager) and has a darker shade of humor than considered proper. Haughty and stubborn but not mean, directly.

Description/image: Light, light purple coat (literally almost white) with long flowing Light blue hair, meticulously washed and curled at tips. (Think of Trixie's hair but reaching down to her knee) Taller than most mares and taller than Green Strokes. Not wearing any clothing.
Equipment: Saddle sash (light blue with three Dark purple paint strokes on front) rests in front. Pastels and paper are within along with a few bits.

Important info/background: Mother and father were busy, busy ponies and Bright Mane had no siblings. When she was just a filly ran away from home and got lost in the Canterlot mountains. Luckily Green Strokes' and Right Hoof were passing by just a few days after she went lost. Having no friends in Canterlot and upset with her parents she lied to Green Strokes' and told him her parents had DIED. So, after some debate, Strokes' allowed her to tag along as his apprentice. At first she felt awful, wondering what her parents might of thought happaned but she convinced herself this was better for ALL of them, they had trouble raising a filly and she needed a caring hand. After a few days she began having fun and let her doubts float away, now she saw Strokes' as her legal guardian and has all but forgot about her parents . . . (If you feel like bringing that up , see how ambiguous that "busy" is, it is a GM's dream, haha.) Obviously a slightly neruotic and possible a little psychopathic but she is dealing with her problems as they come. Someone in need of the power of FRIENDSHIP.

Bright Mane: The sassy teenager.

Clarissa Clause

Clarissa is a bit of a nutter, a Pegasus mare who follows around Notes (Harpsichord player) as his personal assistant because she LOVE'S the harpsichord. She gets him to teach her whenever he has a chance. The only reason he puts up with her is because he has fallen madly in love with her.

Clarissa doesn't really care for Notes but she loves his playing, playing which she cannot seem to get down. Clarissa used to be a secretary for Big Bucks until she heard her first harpsichord concerto. Now she cannot care for anything else but that strange, novel of an instrument.

Other ponies notice Clarissa for her outstounding beauty but she couldn't care less about using her looks to her advantage. Her mind has been wipped clean of anything that is NOT Harpsichord.

Statistics:

Age:                                                                                25

Gender:                                                                    Female

Cutie Mark:                                              Box of Chocolates

Eye Color:                                                               Crimson

Mane & Tail Color:                                   Sparkling Starlight

Coat Color:                                                     Verly light red   

Physique:                                       Smaller then most mares

Species:                                                                   Pegasus

Cloathing:                                                                 Red Suit

Life Goal:                                                             Be able to play the Harpsichord, decently

Personality:                         Kind enough, if she responds, usually lost in Harpsichord land

Likes:                                                              The Harpsichord, music with the Harpsichord

Dislikes:                                Someone or somthing that distracts her from the Harpsichord

Friends:                                        Notes, Octavia, Jam Becket, Green Strokes, Harpsichords   

Enemies:                                                                                                                          N/A

Clarissa Clause, that crazy Harpsichord fan!

Silkaia Water

Name: Silkaia Water

Pony age: 23

company/shop/stall name: Teashop: The Green Moon (in large black letters) with Teashop (in larger black letters underneath)

Description (pony): Sikaia is a stubborn pony who just returned from Ibexia with a great deal of contacts, new friends, tea and a messy mane. But not a lick of money! She has decided to open up a tea shop to increase her wealth as well as share the wonders of the world with the ponies. Alot of ponies said she can't run a business "She's too fickle and not responisble enough" they say, well that is one of the reasons she's setting out to do it!

Description (pony image): (coming soon) Silkaia is alot shorter then most mares but she has the spirit of a princess sized pony. She gets into a lot of trouble doing things "not by the book" or "different ways" but most the time it turns out allright. Her shinning white compensates for her height though, but people think she's alot older then she is, which she is fine with! Her ensaring green eyes she uses to capture someone's attention and hold it while she speaks.

Description Shop: The shop is based off the traditional Chinese design, a place to come in and sit for hours. She sells tea by the pot, for ponies who wish to stay and enjoy the atmosphere (quiet and relaxing with soft traditional Ibexian (chinese) music playing in the background), refilling with hot water until the leaves are nothing but dregs. She also sells by the bag for those who wish to brew elsewhere. Pots and cups will be sold and displayed about the shop when she has the extra cash to invest in these pots. She sells some traditional sweets and the menu will expand with her bank account.

Shop (outside view):The entrance is basically all glass with metal framing, a couple small tables, able to sit three ponies each, sit outside. The entrance is the cash register and the large bags of tea (by ounce and loose leaf not bagged)

Shop (Inside view): The register (portion) is partially closed off from the tea section a small concrete indent begins on the sides coming 3 feet in on either side and a bamboo curtain sits just a little way in to allow just the right ammount of light into the shop, soft lights hang lite  A kind of bamboo screen

If it sells what does it sell?: Teas (loose leaf) [green, herbal, red, oolong, black, yellow, white], traditional sweets, teapots (in future)

Any NPC employees?: NO, looking for some help if anypony wants to assist an up and coming business owner.

Silkaia, really likes silk clothes (which she can NEVER afford) and hot showers on cold days.

Silkaia Waters, that tea enthusiast!

Shikahdyu Dema

Name: Shikahdyu Dema - soon to be known as the Zidda or Zidda

Race: Earth Pony

Descriptive Image: A handsome pony, a very handsome pony. He has traditional Jet black hair and dark eyes with stong lashes. His coat is a shade of grey. His eyes are soft brown and he always holds a serene smile.

Short story: Shikahdyu has not yet reached his self enlightenment but he has devoted his full attention towards it. He has seen too many horrors on the planet to care about anything else. In a world that is constantly shifting and shaping itself he thinks it's necessary to find a kind of center a place one has complete control over and he has found through devotion and persistance that one place is one's own mind. Happiness is always present it only need be reached for and this he seeks to commune with his pony-kin., but Shikahdyu has not quite completed his learning but he will soon.

Realm: Shikahdyu is not a god, nor will he obtain the powers of a god but through revelation that the universe and one are the same and affected both ways he shall gain some minor miracles. Shikahdyu is self-motivated because he has seen these sufferings others have and even seeing sufferings or hearing about them makes one part of them, soon, once he has his answers, he shall attempt to share his learning with other ponies. But for now Shikahdyu is learning his lesson.

Shikahdyu Dema: Pony Buddha!

Grendin Arin Von Ranquester

< My profile picture is a glimpse at the pony. Grendin Arin Von Ranquester is King Equestrius' personal advisor, he is an earth pony but was granted long life through his lordship's powers. At 1500 years he is undeniably clever and can be, quite, manipulative but generally pulls it off as good natured banter, while still planting the seeds of doubt into other ponies minds.  ovO

Grendin is NOT very strong and fairly sickly. He prefers to have help with most things that he needs doing.   =P

He means well but he might just be a little . . . misguided and will arrogance from overcalculating EVERYTHING lead him to wrongdoing? 

Find out here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8010823/1/bHis_b_bEminence_b

Quick overlook for those who want to "glance":

Gender:                                                                        Male

Cutie Mark:                                                  Hoof and Scroll

Eye Color:                                                               Crimson

Mane & Tail Color:                                     Light, light green

Coat Color:                                                                  Pearl

Physique:                             Sickly, weak, not fast, scarred

Species:                                                   King's Earth Pony

Cloathing:                               Mantle the color of shadows

-------------------- Not much is known about Grendin's personal Life  ----------------------

Life Goal:                No one can say but shows great determination to assist the king

Personality:     Appears kind and hospitable but does not seem to have many friends

Likes/ Dislike:                                                                                                 Unknown

Friends:                                                                                                                       ?

Grendin Arin Von Ranquester, that smart pony.

(Sorry about the difference in format for different ponies  :3. But at least I am inconsistent  lol!)

Gracie Sky

Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

GalvinRoe

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2012 Apr 26, 18:37:20
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ImmortalityBeginsAtTwenty

Sorry, I had to.  :P
It fit too perfectly.

Haha  lol. It is a popular age to set the charcter in :P. After all 20's are when people are considered their most "beautiful" or "handsome" but that is all a bunch of wonk!

All right people Green Strokes is up on the characterapalooza

Clarissa Clause is now a member of the characterapalooza

Gracie Sky

-_- You need some pictures because they are worth 1000 words. Even if just from Pony Creator.

As far as the ponies go from what I read, I like where they are headed. An author pony and another musical pony. They would fit really well in a normal society.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

GalvinRoe

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2012 May 24, 17:28:27
-_- You need some pictures because they are worth 1000 words. Even if just from Pony Creator.

As far as the ponies go from what I read, I like where they are headed. An author pony and another musical pony. They would fit really well in a normal society.

Thank you Gracie, thing is I like to draw my ponies and as goes might take some time for that . . . I shall get those pictures up eventually though  :3. Thanks for sticking around my Characterpalooza.

GalvinRoe

And there is Bright Mane! I think I'll start putting up some images today, MAYBE! We shall see . ..

GalvinRoe

Name: Silkaia Water

Pony age: 23

company/shop/stall name: Teashop: The Green Moon (in large black letters) with Teashop (in larger black letters underneath)

Description (pony): Sikaia is a stubborn pony who just returned from Ibexia with a great deal of contacts, new friends, tea and a messy mane. But not a lick of money! She has decided to open up a tea shop to increase her wealth as well as share the wonders of the world with the ponies. Alot of ponies said she can't run a business "She's too fickle and not responisble enough" they say, well that is one of the reasons she's setting out to do it!

Description (pony image): (coming soon) Silkaia is alot shorter then most mares but she has the spirit of a princess sized pony. She gets into a lot of trouble doing things "not by the book" or "different ways" but most the time it turns out allright. Her shinning white compensates for her height though, but people think she's alot older then she is, which she is fine with! Her ensaring green eyes she uses to capture someone's attention and hold it while she speaks.

Description Shop: The shop is based off the traditional Chinese design, a place to come in and sit for hours. She sells tea by the pot, for ponies who wish to stay and enjoy the atmosphere (quiet and relaxing with soft traditional Ibexian (chinese) music playing in the background), refilling with hot water until the leaves are nothing but dregs. She also sells by the bag for those who wish to brew elsewhere. Pots and cups will be sold and displayed about the shop when she has the extra cash to invest in these pots. She sells some traditional sweets and the menu will expand with her bank account.

Shop (outside view):The entrance is basically all glass with metal framing, a couple small tables, able to sit three ponies each, sit outside. The entrance is the cash register and the large bags of tea (by ounce and loose leaf not bagged)

Shop (Inside view): The register (portion) is partially closed off from the tea section a small concrete indent begins on the sides coming 3 feet in on either side and a bamboo curtain sits just a little way in to allow just the right ammount of light into the shop, soft lights hang lite  A kind of bamboo screen

If it sells what does it sell?: Teas (loose leaf) [green, herbal, red, oolong, black, yellow, white], traditional sweets, teapots (in future)

Any NPC employees?: NO, looking for some help if anypony wants to assist an up and coming business owner.

The Wandering Magus

As several of our characters are inextricably related, I took the liberty of including Sir Green Strokes in one of my backstories in my Character Exposition.  I hope you can come over and review the bacstories sometime and give your comments!
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

GalvinRoe

And here we have the Pony Buddha:

Name: Shikahdyu Dema - soon to be known as the Zidda or Zidda

Race: Earth Pony

Descriptive Image: A handsome pony, a very handsome pony. He has traditional Jet black hair and dark eyes with stong lashes. His coat is a shade of grey. His eyes are soft brown and he always holds a serene smile.

Short story: Shikahdyu has not yet reached his self enlightenment but he has devoted his full attention towards it. He has seen too many horrors on the planet to care about anything else. In a world that is constantly shifting and shaping itself he thinks it's necessary to find a kind of center a place one has complete control over and he has found through devotion and persistance that one place is one's own mind. Happiness is always present it only need be reached for and this he seeks to commune with his pony-kin., but Shikahdyu has not quite completed his learning but he will soon.

Realm: Shikahdyu is not a god, nor will he obtain the powers of a god but through revelation that the universe and one are the same and affected both ways he shall gain some minor miracles. Shikahdyu is self-motivated because he has seen these sufferings others have and even seeing sufferings or hearing about them makes one part of them, soon, once he has his answers, he shall attempt to share his learning with other ponies. But for now Shikahdyu is learning his lesson.

GalvinRoe

2012 Jun 27, 23:51:11 #9 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 27, 23:58:12 by GalvinRoe
Sanguine Love

Name: Sanguine Love

Age (pony or pony years): 20

Personality: Very likeable, persistent and dedicated, until . . . his addiction

Appearance: Black Mane and tail with small flecks of gold. Mane is done up in a small bun, held behind with a foal's-gold clasp. Deep purple hued coat, well kept (until recently). Hypnotic eyes of Dazzling green with small specks of white and silver. These eyes he could hold in a cold careless stare or glint brightly until his addiction. Now bags can be seen forming under the lids and a kind of fear always seems to pierce through those magnificent eyes of his.

Back-story: Sanguine was born to a poor family of Earth-pony farmers, living out in a small community off Manehattan. He was the first of two children, his younger sister (by a year) left the farm as soon as possible, "I wasn't built for farm-work" Celia Love constantly told him. So, she left around the age of 15, a little filly in a big world and neither  Sanguine or his family has heard from her since. Her claim, that she wasn't built for work, was based primarily on her natural beauty. Their entire family was rather handsome but his father wanted to remove himself and his future-offspring from the bustle of Manehattan, he knew what city life could do to a pony.

His parents never really recovered from the blow of Celia's sudden departure, they still loved him and sent him into Manehattan for schooling but . . . they always seemed, distant afterwards. As though they couldn't afford to put much hope in Sanguine. But Sanguine turned out to be rather smart and very likeable, soon he had a couple scholarships and enough steam to get him through business school . . . Which everyone recommended he should take.

Sanguine was a prodigy, he learned business managing with such ease. He had that special gift: being able to get along with any-pony and everyone loved him. Save for those rare few who hate kindness . . . Sanguine loved life and everything he did, he did so with great vigor! His sheer vitality permeated those around him, infusing them with enhanced drive and motivation. Until the fateful day of his second year at the business University . . .

His father died in a horrible avalanche accident. Their farm-house was eradicated. He took a couple months off to assist his mother in a move to Manhattan. His mother wasn't young but a hard life on a farm had kept her strong-willed and fit, she returned to the great bustling city in her 43 year of life, sorrowful and callous but ready to make a new start. She forced Sanguine back to school, even though he insisted on assisting her new "Sew-and-make" business. She wouldn't have him flounder after all that happened. She hopped he might have a chance to have an easy life for a while.

So he made his way back to the University but, through that trick of pony rumor and spread, he learned his mother was having severe money troubles, she might even lose her business soon. He had a little spare change . . . He would return and do what he could for her . . . At least so he planned until his 'friend' Market Under gave him a little suggestion:

"Ah ya need money, huh? How bout you come to the club with me and the boys. There's this game called Craps, you play with dice . . ."

Normally Sanguine wouldn't put a hoof NEAR a place like that but the times weren't normal. . . He knew he wouldn't sleep that night and the earliest train didn't leave till 5:00 am . . . He was a little angry at the world and a 'club' sounded like the perfect way to get back at the world. It was here his gambling addiction began . . . What he didn't know was Market Under was a kind of, advertiser. He got a little pay for every-pony he brought in and a little more if they became a regular. The ponies had a deal with him and it went something along these lines: "You bring a new guy in and we'll give him a few 'good' shots on the Craps table, our fancy dice do just the trick. But his luck will, how shall I say . . . decrease as he plays more. If he comes in again we'll give him our fancy dice for two rounds then switch him out. You make a cent for every bit he loses."

Sanguine made 300bits that night and he was officially 'hooked' on gambling. He sent money back to his mom but after a while his luck seemed to . . . decrease. He was in the pot for 1000 bits now and he has made his way to Pony-ville. He needs a job and maybe a loan . . . He's 'off' gambling now but still gets the urge every now and then, can he properly reform himself and get the money he needs to his pursuers?

Cutie Mark: Pair of hooves interconnected, representing his ability to work and get along with most any pony. This silver mark seems a little faded and grey now . . .

Sanguine Love, that unlucky pony

GalvinRoe

2012 Nov 01, 14:02:36 #10 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 10, 03:32:29 by GalvinRoe
Hello everyone. I'd like to go over these characters again as Green Strokes is, in a way, my ponysona. Maybe a little exagerated but still a fairly important character in my warehouse of ponies lol.  As Green Strokes is hardly ever seen without the other two, well . .  .you can see why I need to review them all :D

Furthermore these characters 'may' be *IMPORTANT* in a roleplay I'm considering making, soon.

Green Strokes

Eccentric artist, mainly author. Stallion that travels the world looking for insperation, creativity and stories. Constantly on the go, he doesn't consider any county his "home" nor does he side with sides who have wars against each other. Stroke's has a strict philosophy on life: "The individual is important, is everything!" He doesn't care for great empires or governments of any sort. The only thing that matters to him is the happiness of the individual.

Green Strokes is well kept from his travels through different lands, he can fight just mediocore, as he has picked up some martial arts along the way. Still he is NOT a pony who would fight if the situation had ANY other resolution and as Green Stroke's likes to say: "There is ALWAYS another resolution."

Green Stroke is likeable for his eccentric behaviour but can easily be just as un-likable for . . . his eccentric behaviour. His ideas are often puzziling to ponies around him and sometimes, most times, ponies just lable him as a crazy old coot and don't look deeper into his meanings and metaphors.

Green Strokes has a small entourage, consisting of: Right Hoof (Strokes' personal assistant) and Bright Mane (Strokes' apprentice)

Statistics:

Age:                                                                                35

Cutie Mark:                                          Three Green Strokes

Eye Color:                                                                  Green

Mane & Tail Color:                                            Silver, White

Coat Color:                                               Light, light Green

Physique:                                                Well-kept, not Buff

Species:                                                              Earth Pony

Cloathing:                                                                    Many

Life Goal:                Have everypony sharing the same ammout of freedom and happiness

Personality:                                                Eccentric artist with a very definitive look on life

Likes:                                Happy ponies, Artistic ponies, Creativity, Friendship, Productivity

Dislikes:                                            Government, Gods, Overly - powerful beings, SLAVERY

Friends:                                  Anyone and everyone he happens to meet along his travels   

Enemies:            Alberto Rondierzo (Author who preaches the OPPOSITE of Strokes' ideas)

(Original signup for Sweet and Elite; Original Green Strokes)

[spoiler] Name: Green Strokes
Race: Earth Pony, with a unicorn assistant (stallion) and a unicorn apprentice (mare), if my apprentice cannot attend the party I shall still need my assistant (he carries my things)
Nationality: Equestiran (but has traveled all over the world and doesn't consider Equestria his country)
Occupation: High End Artist (Author, Poet, Painter (surreal and impressionistic) and philosopher)
Personality: A little lost in his own mind, has a small amount of trouble "relating" to others but talkative and outgoing. Does not have a firm understanding on the difference between kindness/rudeness but it should only become a problem when discussing art (mainly his) or philosophy.
Description/image: White waving locks, stylized just to the point where they are clearly not naturally falling the way they do but still seemingly chaotic in appearance. Violent Green eyes that hold a great deal of passion and tension. Pale - Pale green skin so light it is almost white but the hue is most certainly there. Tail is completely removed at  the moment. If I am accepted when I enter the hall I shall be wearing a ridiculous pair of pixie paper (translucent and opalescent) wings, about twice my size in width (these do not work just a fashion and philosophical statement! I shall quickly remove them but should prove an interesting topic, I hope .) My formal attire something of a viridian (metallic silver green) kimono <- (Japanese robed clothing)
Equipment: Pocket watch, monocle (hanging loosely by ear, hardly ever uses), my three trusted fountain pens and a green "leather" (fake leather of course, we are ponies!) book-sash holding "A Fight for Immortality", "The Seventeen Obstacles" (both books by me) and "Nevermare Strange and Mr. Coarse" (My favorite book by some pony author)
Religion: TRUTH is this pony's religion the burning truth he believes lies deep within
Important info/background: Just returned from a far off land (do not want to go too much in detail with this but if asked I can find something), I believe the only reason I would be invited to this party is if Fancy Pants was a fan of mine or we are old chums, I am known for being slightly uncouth and very unorthodox but I have also been honored as a top notch l party guest. At least others are entertained watching my eccentricities.

Recent History:

After his party, at Fancy Pants' estate, Strokes got Fancy to traverse the world with him, along with a few of the party guests. A 'short' adventure of 5, odd, months.  But, when they finally returned, Strokes hadn't gained insperation from the trip, like he usually woud. Seeing how some ponies didn't even KNOW the troubles a great deal of the world was facing. It brought him to a sense of pointlessness . . . as though all his writing over the years - had been wasted.

So for a time . . . he was brought into a state of depression, unable to write, unable to be prolific in his art at all . . .

Then the wedding day came for his old Pupil, Parfait. For the first time, in a long time, he was back in Equestria. His old birthplace, but not 'his' nation. The 'wedding' was brief and in truth it became a 'post-ponement' of a wedding. It did nothing to cure Strokes' spirits and he was off on adventure again . . .

This time he found himself near Silverdale, a small town in the middle of nowhere. Brightmane was quick to get herself into trouble and Right Hoof found himself finding his OWN meaning in life . . . Strokes only found vexation in the 'sun-celebration'. More so then usual, he thought. Two princesses should not be held to the likeness of gods . . . those were the thoughts tormenting him.

Now, he's back in Canterlot and he's found something rotten and he's planing on sharing it. . .
[/spoiler]

Green Strokes', that eccentric artist.

Right Hoof

Name: Right Hoof
Nationality: Equestrian, lived in Canterlot till he moved to pony-ville.
Occupation: Green Stroke's assistant: carries the loads; writes, what I dictate to him; makes dinner (decent chef, not good) and other menial tasks
Personality: VERY level headed, more than a few times has he saved Green Stroke's from an unfavorable situation, even conversation wise! Although not the conversationalist his employer is, he has developed a good "sense" in diverting conversations when they begin reaching too close to those dangerous waters. Not terribly creative and does not have much "of interest" to say. 
Equipment: Paint brushes, paints, chalk, pastels, ink, INSPERATION BOOK and paper all in a specialized black saddle bag
Description/image: A Big stallion, (muscular and tall) Right Hoof is a little imposing but his soft brown eyes show his inner kindness. His mane and tail are jet black and not tidy, his mane might be a little longer than a gentlecolt might sport. Wears a plain tunic of brown "leather" over his brown coat.
  Right Hoof is not very proficient at using magic, he can only do small things (write, cook and dress) with his power. He is far more physical than most unicorns and does a great deal of manual labor for Green Strokes. This physicality is what brought him to pony-ville, as the original town for Earth-ponies, a lot of manual labor occurred. He worked as a construction pony for awhile than met Green Strokes, who enticed him with stories of the far world. Since then Right Hoof has been working for Green Strokes exclusively

Right Hoof: The sensible pony in the party.

Bright Mane

Name: Bright Mane

Nationality: Equestria, Canterlot

Personality: Sarcastic and sometimes sardonic, had a horrible childhood but has been slowly recovering under Strokes' guardianship. Quiet, does not like to talk to other ponies much but will if prompted. Gets angry easily and a little moody (Teenager) and has a darker shade of humor than considered proper. Haughty and stubborn but not mean, directly.

Description/image: Light, light purple coat (literally almost white) with long flowing Light blue hair, meticulously washed and curled at tips. (Think of Trixie's hair but reaching down to her knee) Taller than most mares and taller than Green Strokes. Not wearing any clothing.
Equipment: Saddle sash (light blue with three Dark purple paint strokes on front) rests in front. Pastels and paper are within along with a few bits.

Important info/background: Mother and father were busy, busy ponies and Bright Mane had no siblings. When she was just a filly ran away from home and got lost in the Canterlot mountains. Luckily Green Strokes' and Right Hoof were passing by just a few days after she went lost. Having no friends in Canterlot and upset with her parents she lied to Green Strokes' and told him her parents had DIED. So, after some debate, Strokes' allowed her to tag along as his apprentice. At first she felt awful, wondering what her parents might of thought happaned but she convinced herself this was better for ALL of them, they had trouble raising a filly and she needed a caring hand. After a few days she began having fun and let her doubts float away, now she saw Strokes' as her legal guardian and has all but forgot about her parents . . . (If you feel like bringing that up , see how ambiguous that "busy" is, it is a GM's dream, haha.) Obviously a slightly neruotic and possible a little psychopathic but she is dealing with her problems as they come. Someone in need of the power of FRIENDSHIP.

Bright Mane: The sassy teenager.

Teal Turken

Galvin! Your back on the forums! :D Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

GalvinRoe

2012 Nov 01, 14:11:21 #12 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 01, 14:28:28 by GalvinRoe
Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Nov 01, 14:03:20
Galvin! Your back on the forums! :D Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Haha, thanks Teal, but I'm not quite back, yet. This is more like a 'pre-lude' to my returning lol.

I should be returning in a few weeks, with a saucy new RP  lol. I don't think you'd be interested in this one, but letting you know regardless  :D!

For those interested, this will most likely be Green Strokes' finale. As he is about 50ish now, and should settle down from 'hard' adventuring, not that he isn't up to it . . . but this roleplay will decide everything. We shall see how all his work comes out.

Cheers and thanks for the kind return message ^^.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: GalvinRoe on 2012 Nov 01, 14:11:21
Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Nov 01, 14:03:20

Haha, thanks Teal, but I'm not quite back, yet. This is more like a 'pre-lude' to my returning lol.

I should be returning in a few weeks, with a saucy new RP  lol. I don't think you'd be interested in this one, but letting you know regardless  :D!

For those interested, this will most likely be Green Strokes' finale. As he is about 50ish now, and should settle down from 'hard' adventuring, not that he isn't up to it . . . but this roleplay will decide everything. We shall see how all his work comes out.

Cheers and thanks for the kind return message ^^.
glad you're back :]  how will you be dealing with the... odd fact that he technically hasn't actually returned from his long Journey Beyond Equestria?
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

GalvinRoe

2012 Nov 01, 14:45:41 #14 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 01, 14:48:04 by GalvinRoe
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 01, 14:38:18
glad you're back :]  how will you be dealing with the... odd fact that he technically hasn't actually returned from his long Journey Beyond Equestria?

Howdy, Mag :3. And Strokes never joined Beyond Equestria.

I hope to see you in my new RP, when the time comes for it to start! It would be a delight to celebrate world building with my good friend, Magus ^^.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: GalvinRoe on 2012 Nov 01, 14:45:41
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 01, 14:38:18

Howdy, Mag :3. And Strokes never joined Beyond Equestria.

I hope to see you in my new RP, when the time comes for it to start! It would be a delight to celebrate world building with my good friend, Magus ^^.
I'm talking about Pants and Strokes Adventures: Journeys Beyond Equestria :]

I'll see how it goes :]

GalvinRoe

2012 Nov 01, 14:56:08 #16 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 01, 14:59:05 by GalvinRoe
Please read my new edition of Strokes and company, if you are interested. Time has passed and he came back a good while ago. Had to attend the silverdale-saga, afterall  lol.

It's just 6 or so posts before this one, maybe a couple more.

And I'd be glad to have ya ^^. though of course the time-frame is indefinite at the moment. Could take me a few weeks or a several months. As progress goes lol.

Either way, it is Strokes' finale. His final performance as a RPing character before he gets SOMETHING of a rest, from these propsterous adventures I set him on :3. So would be a shame to miss you. WELP, hope to see you around.

Like I said to Teal, not QUITE back yet, but should be soon  :D

The Wandering Magus

I wonder how he's responding to the "miraculous" reappearance of a long-forgotten kingdom so ancient and secret the greatest scholars within the Kindgdom of Canterlot were kept in the dark about it.

Link

Galvin! So glad to see you've returned to us! I can't wait to see what kind of RP you're planning; I'd love a good read. ^-^
[CENTER][/CENTER]

GalvinRoe

Ahh! Link you are still here! EXCELLENT! I've never 'really' gotten a chance to role-play with you; Silver-dale saga . . . we never really played together there  :c.

Soo, I hope I can see you in my roleplay :3. It may be a while though  :l. A month or so . . . I really want to make sure my plotline is 'settled' as much as *I* am willling to settle it. After-all a roleplay IS a story made with others lol.

I hope I can promise something of an interesting story-line. Perhaps I shall see you there? Maybe :3? More hope there ^^.

Either way, glad to hear from you Link, thanks for leaving me a message and Let's talk more this time around :D.

Go Up