Welcome to LoE!

Started by Liska, 2012 Mar 19, 03:52:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Liska

Hey, everyone. I'm sure you remember me, and tons of the other leaders from the former project we worked on.
As more of you are finding this site, I'm sure you would like to know what happened.

Some have already stated that RainDrop's side of the story, as posted on the Equestria Online homepage, is quite biased.

While you guys get used to the new forums (still under construction, and we may have a few problems with the host at the moment), be rest assured that SweBow or perhaps all of us will give you our side of the story.

We wish no ill-will to what happens over at Equestria Online, but almost all the team leaders (with the exclusion of RainDrop) and many - if not all - the project's dedicated and talented staff, are at home with Legends of Equestria as a new project.

I hope you understand that a majority of what changed was simply the name of the project and a teeny-tiny bit of leadership.

Also, new smilies coming soon, these are awful huh? :P

If any teamleaders have a problem with this post, feel free to remove or edit it.

edock

Woo Hoo! Excited for the future of this game.

But I hope that everything works out, and that relationships will not be destroyed. But like I already said, and I think I speak on befalf of the fans...we trust you guys and believe that you make make the best choices to further the game.

Take care guys thanks for all your hard work!
-Edock

Ründo

Honestly speaking, I did not see this coming. It's strange to think the bulk of the staff from the old group left, and started this new one. But, it's good to see that the project wasn't all together abandoned. Can't wait to see what will become of this change.
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

The Mysterious Artist

Papyrus

I'm happy to see at least one rendition of a pony MMO on track. Before I found LoE out of luck, I was quite disappointed to see EQO hit such a pitfall. I am a very happy pony to see that its creation didn't simply stop.

WolfsGhost

While I can't say much. I can say that during the entire situation many of us were still hard at work with the project, before the name Legends of Equestria popped up. So, it didn't simply just stop dead in it's tracks.

Ozzy

Hopefully this hasn't slowed down production too much, keep up all the hard work guys, I'm sure you all did what was best and we support you all the way

Stella

I can't wait until we can get back to normal posting again. The site is very pretty, and it seems a tad more professional than the old site. I kind of saw this coming when the site was down for more than a few hours, but I've seen something nigh identical (twice) on forums I used to moderate, though our staff base was much smaller relative to the amount of users (about 1:1100).

Perhaps you could set it so that posts in the game threads do not add to post count. I've seen this before so that new members may get a better idea of who makes the most productive posts on the forum and may then get a better idea of which members to direct non-administrative queries to. This was, however, on a more formal forum where it was more important to see who was in-the-know, but it may be something to bear in mind. That way those who weigh in on discussions about the game, the show, and the roleplaying that may well roll over into the finished game will be shown to be more productive. It also discourages posting for the sole reason to increase post count, which seemed quite popular on the old forum.

The site logo might also be slightly in the way (especially I imagine if one is using a phone).

WolfsGhost

Quote from: Stella on 2012 Mar 19, 06:40:09
  I can't wait until we can get back to normal posting again. The site is very pretty, and it seems a tad more professional than the old site. I kind of saw this coming when the site was down for more than a few hours, but I've seen something nigh identical (twice) on forums I used to moderate, though our staff base was much smaller relative to the amount of users (about 1:1100).

Perhaps you could set it so that posts in the game threads do not add to post count. I've seen this before so that new members may get a better idea of who makes the most productive posts on the forum and may then get a better idea of which members to direct non-administrative queries to. This was, however, on a more formal forum where it was more important to see who was in-the-know, but it may be something to bear in mind. That way those who weigh in on discussions about the game, the show, and the roleplaying that may well roll over into the finished game will be shown to be more productive. It also discourages posting for the sole reason to increase post count, which seemed quite popular on the old forum.

The site logo might also be slightly in the way (especially I imagine if one is using a phone).

First, I'd like to say thank you. We've been trying to be as professional as we can with everything we've done thus far. Also, in regards to the game thread, we'll most likely be doing that right off the bat this time, rather than letting it divulge into what happened on the old forums. Frankly, I believe we'll have a great - third - start up with these fresh forums and website.

Stella

Quote from: WolfsGhost on 2012 Mar 19, 06:45:14Frankly, I believe we'll have a great - third - start up with these fresh forums and website.

Slightly off-topic, I only found out about the game in November, when the new site was up. What happened to prompt the new site being made?

WolfsGhost

Quote from: Stella on 2012 Mar 19, 06:47:31
  Slightly off-topic, I only found out about the game in November, when the new site was up. What happened to prompt the new site being made?

At that time I wasn't really a forum-goer until the new forums kicked up, though I believe we were having problems with the hosting server and the upper leaders of the development team decided to move to a more user-friendly forum that wasn't crashing or whatever was happening. Of course, don't quote me on this, considering I really don't remember why we switched from the very first forums.

Stella

Quote from: WolfsGhost on 2012 Mar 19, 06:52:43
Quote from: Stella on 2012 Mar 19, 06:47:31

At that time I wasn't really a forum-goer until the new forums kicked up, though I believe we were having problems with the hosting server and the upper leaders of the development team decided to move to a more user-friendly forum that wasn't crashing or whatever was happening. Of course, don't quote me on this, considering I really don't remember why we switched from the very first forums.

Ah... Well that puts me at ease a bit. I was slightly worried thinking about it that the project might have had a similar problem in the past. G'thanken.

snarfgsnor

hmm will be intresting to see where this leads, and at the upper most hopes it leads to something intresting and funny.
well i wish you all you guys good luck from now on and lets see where this ends up :P

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Nala Valor

'bout the smiley, is it the old ones or some completely new ones?

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Nickel Valor on 2012 Mar 19, 07:22:59

dont think there is any yet.
lets test; :P :D :) :( :/ ^^ -.-

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Stella

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Mar 19, 07:32:04

I think they meant about the new smilies Anya says are coming soon, and whether or not they're the ones from the old forum or not. I volunteer Sugarcup to give smilie-making a try. >:D

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Stella on 2012 Mar 19, 07:33:28

I think they meant about the new smilies Anya says are coming soon, and whether or not they're the ones from the old forum or not. I volunteer Sugarcup to give smilie-making a try. >:D

aaah sorry, my bad then.
and i second that motion!!

Nala Valor

They said that they will have better smiley than the original. It will be mlp smiley but I want to know if they will be different.

Pablo

Okay ya got the new name, now give us the game
I've been waiying foreeeever

Malkies

It's great that the project is being continued, it would be a shame to see all of that hard work and go to waste. :)
However.
I find your lack of smilies disturbing...

Go Up