TESO Statistics - Which Race Will You Play?

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2014 Jan 13, 08:53:01

previous topic - next topic

Which race do you plan to play in The Elder Scrolls Online?

Breton
3 (15%)
Redguard
3 (15%)
Orc
0 (0%)
Nord
2 (10%)
Dark Elf
3 (15%)
Argonian
3 (15%)
High Elf
0 (0%)
Wood Elf
2 (10%)
Khajiit
3 (15%)
Imperial
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

2014 Jan 13, 08:53:01 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 19, 15:25:14 by Midnight Breeze
With the release of Elder Scrolls Online looming on the horizon, I thought I'd get some statistics as to the makeup of you guys.

As for me? Redguard dragon knight, no question.

Tamriel Foundry contains all publicly available information on the game. If it's not on this site then it is NDA protected information.

Shadow Mare

HaponyHanzo

I played the beta this weekend, the game is awesome

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Jan 13, 09:29:56
Why can't I be an imperial?

Because you can't. They're strictly an NPC race.

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 13, 09:49:38

That sucks, I guess either Nord or Breton.

HaponyHanzo

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Jan 13, 09:51:50
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 13, 09:49:38

That sucks, I guess either Nord or Breton.

teso plays a thousand years before oblivion, there is no real imperial race at this point.

Ramisha

The imperials won't be playable because their land is the one all the other races are fighting for. There is no fun in being an imperial in such a situation.

I'd be an Argonian, using alteration and restoration on my allies... but the game is unaffordable for me.
There's no way I could play it, at least not in these 10 years.
If I turn out to be successful, I'd play it all day. Ok not really, there's so many more awesome games I'd have to play.
But I've gone off topic. Sorry.

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jan 13, 15:54:48
The imperials won't be playable because their land is the one all the other races are fighting for. There is no fun in being an imperial in such a situation.

I'd be an Argonian, using alteration and restoration on my allies... but the game is unaffordable for me.
If I turn out to be successful, I'd play it all day. Ok not really, there's so many more awesome games I'd have to play.

Says you, It would've be awesome.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jan 13, 15:54:48

If the doomsayers are correct then it will probably be F2P in less than a year.

More than a handful of game journalists are concerned about the P2P system, calling it outdated and possibly hurt the game. I've never considered P2P outdated, but then again I grew up on games like Runescape and World of Warcraft. To me, P2P is practically synonymous with MMORPG.

We'll see. I have faith in ZeniMax to listen to their customers and make the necessary changes if need be. Unlike Mythic.

KireiameJin

I think a more accurate question would be "Will you buy the game?" XD

Anyways, i played Wood elves, nords, argonians and Kajhit, and i think i'm keeping the wood elf, because I've ever been an archer in the TES games, but... i feel just like all the "In range" stuff kills all the essence of the archers, it just doesn't feel like a TES at all in that way, which i don't blame, this is an online game and some mechanics must be changed to adjust the gameplay to a mass ammount of players, but if some FPS has things like snipers (Firefall) why not TESO would allow a high leveled archer to shot from far away?, that could be awesome  :3
My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Jan 14, 08:04:33
I think a more accurate question would be "Will you buy the game?" XD

Anyways, i played Wood elves, nords, argonians and Kajhit, and i think i'm keeping the wood elf, because I've ever been an archer in the TES games, but... i feel just like all the "In range" stuff kills all the essence of the archers, it just doesn't feel like a TES at all in that way, which i don't blame, this is an online game and some mechanics must be changed to adjust the gameplay to a mass ammount of players, but if some FPS has things like snipers (Firefall) why not TESO would allow a high leveled archer to shot from far away?, that could be awesome  :3

What 'in range' abilities are you talking about? The abilities available to you are based solely on your character's specialization. If you choose to use the bow and only the bow then you will only have long-range abilities.

Also, which class were you playing? The dragon knight has a spec tree called 'draconic power' which would be great paired with the bow.

KireiameJin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 14, 08:53:27

What 'in range' abilities are you talking about? The abilities available to you are based solely on your character's specialization. If you choose to use the bow and only the bow then you will only have long-range abilities.

Also, which class were you playing? The dragon knight has a spec tree called 'draconic power' which would be great paired with the bow.

Simply that you need to be "In range" of attack to deal damage to the objectives, for example, if i use a bow, and i try to shot a target from 40meters for example, it won't recive any damage, i do not remember the exact range i had with the bow, but if you are out from that fixed range, your attacks will not deal any damage.

This also applies to any skill, incluiding magic skills or bow skills, all of them have ranges of attack. Not to mention the use of the "Auto-target" system, similar to the BnS one, which make all of your ranged attacks to hit in target just by looking at him, without making a difference between parts of the body to calculate the damage.

All of this stuff makes this game feel far from the experience a bow gave you in other TES titles like Skyrim, where you could actually kill a guy by shooting him in the head if you were able to calculate the trayectory of the arrow properly from any distance.

I'm aware that this kind of systems releases some pressures from the servers of the game, and make it more playable in massive PVP, so I won't complain about it, since it is the only way to balance some classes like mages or archers. Imagine if the mages could hit you with their spells just by seeing you or if an archer could actually headshot you for 1 instakill like in Skyrim, the PVP will be flooded with mages and archers XD

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Jan 14, 09:12:15

All of this stuff makes this game feel far from the experience a bow gave you in other TES titles like Skyrim, where you could actually kill a guy by shooting him in the head if you were able to calculate the trayectory of the arrow properly from any distance.

Errrrrr, Skyrim doesn't have location damage. :s

I do agree on the auto-aim stuff, though. Don't know why they felt the need to put in that change.

KireiameJin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 14, 09:18:11
Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Jan 14, 09:12:15

Errrrrr, Skyrim doesn't have location damage. :s

I do agree on the auto-aim stuff, though. Don't know why they felt the need to put in that change.

But if i headshot in Skyrim i have more % of dealing a critical blow, at least from what i remember, but maybe i'm confusing it with other game, not sure now...  :/

I think that ppl shouldn't spect this game to be an exact version of a TES, since in could be hard for the people to play in the same way other TES games if we add some lag issues and hundreds of people running and jumping trough the screen, not to mention that servers could have problems calculating trayectories and leting spells and arrows to fly following a descending parable.

My personal thought is that this isn't the "Best" TES game ever made (because it has obvious differences between mechanics), but it isn't a bad MMO at all, i actually found it very inmersive and very well story driven, pretty funny to play with friends and very open to exploration and customization (from skills to character look)... is just that i don't feel like paying monthly, specially now  :I

Maye someday Bethesda will add some Multiplayer stuff to an official TES title and then i could live the whole experience i ever wanted since Oblivion  :D

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Jan 14, 09:49:12
But if i headshot in Skyrim i have more % of dealing a critical blow, at least from what i remember, but maybe i'm confusing it with other game, not sure now...  :/

Nope. Skyrim's hitboxes are not coded to detect the location of the impact. A hit is a hit.

That is, unless you are using this mod.

Ramisha

the "critical hits" are actually sneak hits maybe that's what you meant if you sneak hit you can get a damagemultipler

KireiameJin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 14, 09:55:39

Nope. Skyrim's hitboxes are not coded to detect the location of the impact. A hit is a hit.

Nah now i remeber, it was if i was sneaking with the bow, that made x 3 the damage of my blows. Kinda surprise me that Skyrim doesn't add any kind of discern between body parts to calculate the damge, i think it's pretty basic mechanic  :/

Astranacus

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Jan 14, 09:59:57
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 14, 09:55:39

Nah now i remeber, it was if i was sneaking with the bow, that made x 3 the damage of my blows. Kinda surprise me that Skyrim doesn't add any kind of discern between body parts to calculate the damge, i think it's pretty basic mechanic  :/

I can remember them having it in Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas with the V.A.T.S system, it could be that they decided not to include it by choice. I'm not sure exactly why but it would have made the game even better, more challenging for archers and it rewards accuracy. Ah well though, glad someone made a mod that includes that feature. :nod:

Woodchumkins

I will choose Argonian every time. There's just no argument. <3

Shadow Mare

Which version will you all be playing? XBONE? PS4? PC?

Go Up