My OC

Started by Valy Wave, 2013 Dec 17, 10:11:48

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Valy Wave

2013 Dec 17, 10:11:48 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 22, 06:26:29 by Valy Wave
Meet my OC "Valy Wave.

Valy Wave is a pegasus.
age:        20 - she is a bit taller and stronger than other ponies of her age.
coat:        Purple (Rev)
mane:      Purple (Lev), with silver stripes - the mane is neat but looks wild cause the wind/ her speed of flying
eyecolor: golden

cutiemark: a red and white striped lifebelt (lifebuoy) with a piece of rope   

Valy Wave is a life guard and she has a look and the beaches and coasts of Equestria (the eastcoast near Filly Delphia and Manehattan)
She got her cutiemark at the age of 10 after saving the life of a drowning bunny.
And she works together with griffons and is a very good swimmer for a pegasus.

At the moment she is on vacation in Ponyville to relax and have a lot of fun :D

Please scroll down for full Bio. (i will try my best)
Are we growing up or just going down?
It's just a matter of time until we're all found out
Take our tears, put them on ice
Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light
My OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9560.0

GalvinRoe

Magic~ I'd only ask for a little more background information, and possibly her life with her parents, maybe a small psych profile? Either way though, I think this sums her up very well, somehow. It makes me want to make an RP JUST for normal ponies, I haven't had that desire in awhile. Too many OP ponies you see.

Yesss, you may have inspired a new game, my friend. I'll let you know if I come up with something for random ponies to join. I know most fans of the show like to stick to the show's canon, so I may make something like a trading post between Equestria and . . . maybe the griffons? Griffonhelm .  ..

Lemme know if you would be interested in something of that sort :3.

Valy Wave

2013 Dec 17, 11:13:59 #2 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 22, 06:26:09 by Valy Wave

Biography of Valy Wave

Her first memories are from the age of 5. At a very rainy day, a life guard found her at the coast of Filly Delphia, unconscious, freezing and cowering. The sea was very wild this day and the storm and rain darken the sky, only the lightings here and then allowed a view on the beach.

The life gaurd was a big handsome pegasus called Breakwater, she allways refers to him when she talks about her parents, because she cant remember her life before (she never found out who her real parents are, or what happened to them).
Breakwater teached her how to fly and that the sea is an importand part of the world, but also the most dangerous.
They lived together in a little poor hut at the port of Filly Delphia, where mostly earthponies, rarely uncirons but almost no pegasi live. - Thats why she didnt have many friends when she was young.

(The Ponies of the Port of Filly Delphia just dont know much about Pegasi and allways argue with them cause the workers life is hard and the seamen living there are very grumpy)

She allways loved the wind from the sea and the salty aroma of the seagrass (her favorite meal).

One day, when she was 10, there was a ship crashing at the rocks of the "Horsshoe Bay" and slowly sinking. Breakwater and 2 griffons working with him, started to save one pony after another... but Valy Wave still heared a squeak when the ship was about to sink completely.
She dashed into the air and flew over the ship and listened and looked for the poor thing - and there it was. A little brown bunny crieng and squeaking under a bench on top of the ship (the life guards must have overlooked it in all the panic). She took the bunny on her back and flew in the air when the ship sunk and vanished completely under her.
When she was back at the beach, the bunny hugged her.
Then Valy Waves Cutiemark appeared (a lifebelt/lifebuoy).

The bunny jumped on the back of a fancy unicorn.
It turned out the Unicorn was a member of a rich family and she was so grateful (Valy Wave saved her beloved pet), that she gave Valy Wave and Breakwater enough money to pay their bills and enable Valy Wave to visit the "Life Guard-School" of Cloudsdale.

She visited this school from 11 to 16. Later she went back to FIlly Delphia and earned some money as Life Guard and her part-timejob as a courier.  At the Age of 20 she decided to take a break from Filly Delphia and the sea and visit the country and she headet to Ponyville.

About her

She is a very good swimmer now and a really strong pegasus when it comes to flying (there are not many female life guards in Equestria).

She loves the sea and even had some Doplhin-friends and is one of the few ponies from Equestria who met Seaponies and is very proud of her job/talent.

She is a pony wich (mostly) takes action before thinking and is very self-confident. Valy loves to help and acts sometimes like she has to protect ponies she dont even know - wich makes somepony angry from time to time.  >:O

On the other hoof she does so much for other people, that she donsnt have time for herself - you could say she is very generous.

You may think she is a tomboy, but she really cares for her mane and her tail and can be a bit arrogant from time to time.

Her fears are: 
dark and claustrophobic caves/places;
ponies who make her feel useless or superfluous

Ok, i had to add a theme-song for her ;)

((Please excuse my poor english but i try to get better!)) ;)

Ryo_D_Disk

The OC is quite well written with the addition to the character after Galvin's comments it seems a good Character with plenty of room to grow within the RP community, its grand to see a non powered character from time to time for the more social side of RP and I do hope you find some good games to get yourself involved in

As for the artwork again it's very well done I do recognise the base as being the twilight one from season three and it's very well vectored although it looks like the compression has messed with a few pixels.
As for complaints I would say in your about you in the second half is a bit generic and tends to be what a lot of other players do write and I hope you can add some more original content to make your OC stand out from the crowd same with dislikes, however these are things that can improve as you get involved within the RP community.

Valy Wave

2013 Dec 18, 20:10:35 #4 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 18, 20:13:09 by Valy Wave
Thank you for your criticism.  The base was a fanmade pic of RD and i drew it with my mouse, thats why its a bit messy (next time i use a pad) >.<  And the thing with the text, yes its not my native language but i try to get better.  X3

Night Pony

It's lifebuoy not lifebelt.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Valy Wave

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Dec 19, 11:19:22

I think you can say both - the most translationpages and even a dictionary said you can say lifebelt for it :)

Maybe one is US-english and one is british-english?

Night Pony

Quote from: Valy Wave on 2013 Dec 22, 06:23:51
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Dec 19, 11:19:22

I think you can say both - the most translationpages and even a dictionary said you can say lifebelt for it :)

Maybe one is US-english and one is british-english?

I don't know. I'm learning maritime english in which is lifebuoy. So I guess the name is the same on ships and on shore.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

alexandas

I think the idea is simple and good and such and such and awesome and . . . hi!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

Dashieisbestpony

Hey, can I post my oc on here? I would also like to say hi to everyone. Its nice to see you all. :D
Oof it's been too long

Valy Wave

Make your own topic for you OC :)  - your OC sure deserves it^^

Go Up