Disappeared Text options

Started by Bane Emural, 2013 Oct 15, 16:16:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bane Emural

Whenever I open a new topic or try to reply to a thread I a led to the page where I am suppose to go but the options to change your font color, size, smileys are all gone. The only thing I get is the Subject and Message Icon that always appear above it. I can still text, preview, and submit, but I can't change the text at all. Why is this happening?
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

GoldenTerrabyte

I didn't notice, I use quick reply.
I'm back

Tekner

I've never seen this issue.
Does this happen often or just sometimes?
Can you provide a screenshot of it?

Bane Emural

I wish I can provide the screenshot, If I could see the options to do so. And this happened often after I saw the chat that came up on the board. I Thought that it would pass. I didn't and now its taking a long time for the features to load up.
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

Pipkin

Quote from: Bane Emural on 2013 Oct 16, 20:03:38
I wish I can provide the screenshot, If I could see the options to do so. And this happened often after I saw the chat that came up on the board. I Thought that it would pass. I didn't and now its taking a long time for the features to load up.

Assuming you run windows, hit your printscreen button to take a screenshot of your desktop, paste the picture in paint, save and upload on here so we can see what the issue is

Tekner

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Oct 16, 21:27:35
Quote from: Bane Emural on 2013 Oct 16, 20:03:38

Assuming you run windows, hit your printscreen button to take a screenshot of your desktop, paste the picture in paint, save and upload on here so we can see what the issue is
His issue is that he can't see the buttons to aid him in formatting his message with the bbcode tags to show the image. I PMd him and suggested he host it on imgur and send me a link. I'll post it here if he doesn't.

Bane Emural

I still cannot send the screenshot over. This time, no longer how long I am waiting, the features will not appear. It will happen like this. I could wait for a long time and it would not appear or it would appear.

Tekner

2013 Oct 17, 18:16:46 #7 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 17, 18:27:34 by Tekner
You can post the image here the exact same way you sent it to me in the PM, haha. They both use bbcode (the bracket tags.) All the buttons do are insert text, but you can type them yourself anyway.
Spoiler: Here is the image he sent me so others can help if they want. • show

Try clearing your cache, Bane. I'm looking into what this could be, but it's either settings in your browser/computer or your forum account, though I couldn't find any account settings that cause the issue you're coming across.

Bane Emural

Thank you, I think its starting to work now.

Pipkin

I notice you're also using Explorer as your browser, perhaps you may also want to upgrade your browser to Chrome or Firefox.  IE Kinda sucks, like, really bad  X3

Bane Emural

I tried Firefox before, but I prefer to use IE because it seems more natural to me. I don't know if that made any sense but I just like using IE more than Firefox or Chrome.

Tekner

Quote from: Bane Emural on 2013 Oct 18, 15:12:08
I tried Firefox before, but I prefer to use IE because it seems more natural to me. I don't know if that made any sense but I just like using IE more than Firefox or Chrome.
You're going to suffer when browsing most modern websites then. Internet Explorer is unsupported in many websites because it handles some code a little differently and it's a pain to keep compatibility with it being so different. Trying using Google Chrome. It feels very similar to Internet Explorer, is much faster, and you won't experience much of any of the problems that Internet Explorer has.

Bane Emural

I see what you mean. I will use Google Chrome for some sites that can't be handled by Internet Explorer. I'm still using IE, I have been using it for a long time and I ain't letting it go.

Tekner

Quote from: Bane Emural on 2013 Oct 18, 17:57:58
I see what you mean. I will use Google Chrome for some sites that can't be handled by Internet Explorer. I'm still using IE, I have been using it for a long time and I ain't letting it go.
Alright. Has your issue been resolved?

Julius

I've experienced this once or twice before, but it's nothing that a simple reload wouldn't fix. I don't use Interderp Exploder though.
Purr~

mrbluecheese

To OP:

You don't happen to have javascript disabled do you?

Any sort of ad blocking tool?

Courtesy of Miss Faline

Go Up