10 Reasons why TESO is awesome

Started by Ramisha, 2013 Aug 26, 10:20:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ramisha

2013 Aug 26, 10:20:24 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 26, 22:16:28 by Book Smarts
1. It's an Elder Scrolls game after all.
2. I'ts ONLINE *commence gasping and wow-ing*
3. You get to play with your friends and beat up other people  ovO
4. Epicly awesome sets of armor and weapons.
5. Character classes that don't define your whole gameplay (unlike in SOME games  :/ ).
6. You can edit your perk spread.
7. Look a this guy. Just. Look. At. Him.

Notice that he has a BOW, a DAGGER and THROWING KNIVES. Kind of like an Assassin from you-know-what-game (that gives him +20 points in awesomeness). Plus he's a Breton, that means he's strong against magic.
Don't you just want to hug him?
8. You get to travel all across of Tamriel.
9. Black Marsh looks like China. Awesome.  :nod:
10. Cool story and epic graphics.

17/10 would play.

Edit: -Freak-, the picture isn't working. Here's a link: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-23/art/eso-breton.jpg

Shadow Mare

One thing that's not awesome... a monthly subscription...

the dark gods

Everything wrong with this image
.Reveals self to be Assassin to passing-by stranger
.Praising the god of DEATH for their life being saved
.Argonian being affected by Poison

Genuine screen-cap from ES:O
thank you Sky Sketch

Seriack

Also... Combat style like most other MMOs... Don't get me wrong, I love the TES games, but ESO sounds like it's just going to be a copy like the rest... Especially since Zenimax is making it and NOT Bethesda themselves.
[move][/move]
Thanks Soriku for the Pixel Poneh!
My OC's((Only one so far))
"Let me carry your burdens"

the dark gods

Quote from: Seriack on 2013 Aug 27, 02:35:09
Also... Combat style like most other MMOs... Don't get me wrong, I love the TES games, but ESO sounds like it's just going to be a copy like the rest... Especially since Zenimax is making it and NOT Bethesda themselves.

Actually from what I've seen it's going to be similar to Skyrim, I might just play it once it goes free to play (and it will, unless you happen to be made by Blizzard, and your game is called World of Warcraft, you will fail with a subscription based game) just for that fact alone.
thank you Sky Sketch

Ramisha

Quote from: the dark gods on 2013 Aug 26, 14:45:48

Wait......how do you know she's an assassin?  :o
Also thanks for the picture,I love argonians. Now I can bask in her scaly beauty.  ovO
PS. Argonians are only 50% resistant to poison,and they worship Sithis because the Hist worship him too as the creator of everything.

the dark gods

Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Aug 27, 03:13:02
Quote from: the dark gods on 2013 Aug 26, 14:45:48

Wait......how do you know she's an assassin?  :o
Also thanks for the picture,I love argonians. Now I can bask in her scaly beauty.  ovO
PS. Argonians are only 50% resistant to poison,and they worship Sithis because the Hist worship him too as the creator of everything.

Nope, it's a 100% in Oblivion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWXjzLEGV9U
As for the assassin bit, it's because she's priasing Sithis, the god of the Dark Brotherhood, it only slightly justifies her praising a god of death for her life being saved.
thank you Sky Sketch

Ramisha

2013 Aug 27, 03:48:53 #7 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 27, 16:17:02 by Book Smarts
waaaaaaa I don't care I still want that gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gimmie  D:
PS. I actually like it so much because it's online so I have a chance of playing it with my friends.

And because argonians  <3 <3

Don't spam emotes please

Seriack

Did a little research on Argonians, TDG. While it is true they were 100% resist to poison, it doesn't say they are immune. So they might be able to be poisoned... But here's the other thing.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Argonian_(Skyrim)

In Skyrim, they had 0% resistance to poison and 50% resistance to disease. So it seems like it changes. I'm guessing, for the sake of balance PVP, they will keep that resistance out.
[move][/move]
Thanks Soriku for the Pixel Poneh!
My OC's((Only one so far))
"Let me carry your burdens"

Sotha

Well, Sithis/Padomay WAS kind of responsible for the creation of the mortal plane, so... that's something.

I don't quite like that screenshot either, though. Still not something you should be praising in open light.

(Also every time I see Padomay I think Padmé.)
May you walk on warm sands.

the dark gods

Quote from: Sotha on 2013 Aug 27, 13:33:14
Well, Sithis/Padomay WAS kind of responsible for the creation of the mortal plane, so... that's something.

Still, by and large, Sithis is a god of DEATH, you do not praise the god of DEATH foor when your LIFE is SAVED.
It'd be sorta like the Romans praying to Mars for peace.
Also a video about TES:O because this is the closet we have a thread for it.
So here.
thank you Sky Sketch

Ramisha

Oh ps. I checked they're not resistant to poison,they're resistant to disease.

Midnight Breeze

Actual nights and dungeons with no insanely bright ambient lighting? Water that doesn't look like jello? Combat that doesn't amount to holding down the left mouse button until someone goes down?

No, no. This can't be a Bethesda game.

Ramisha

I also read an article about TESO battles. It says they're really fast paced and fluid.
I can't find the article now,unfortunately.
The only thing I hate in Skyrim is the battles...seriously? It's just mashing buttons until someone dies,there's no strategic planning or avoiding battle.
But there is a video in which some guy talks about the battles and he says the enemies are really smart; he got attacked by a bandit and a fire mage. The bandit threw oil or something on the floor and yelled LIGHT IT UP and then the fire mage cast a fire spell on the oil and it burst in flames,igniting the player.           ....Awesome.

Midnight Breeze

2013 Oct 25, 23:37:50 #14 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 25, 23:40:42 by Midnight Breeze

Popular modder Gopher echos my opinions of Zenimax's take on Elder Scrolls. These character models are on par with some of the best modded Skyrim models available today. And I mean REALLY modded Skyrim characters - Better Males/CBBE, Apachii Skyhair, CharGen Extensions, the works.

I definately agree with Gopher that Bethesda needs to take a queue from Zenimax on doing their next game right. Zenimax is doing things way better than they did. Better visuals, better mechanics, better combat, better atmosphere...

Maybe in TES 6 they'll finally upgrade from their horribly outdated engine and stop expecting the community to fix all of their shortcomings. Oh, and not telling bold-faced lies to the community would be another plus.

Ramisha

I didn't watch it all but I completely agree. Everybody's the same! My character in Skyrim looks like Carlotta Valentia and Vivianne Onis...
oh and I really like the triangle thingy. And I love how you can make a Khajiit with calico markings! It's adorable  <3 and an Argonian with different types of scales...
Also I really like their hairstyles.....I'm kinda obsessed with hairstyles so I'm happy when a game has many of them.

moonlight7starshine

sign i though this game was going to be free then i saw the price of them game i was like meh someday

then the monthly subscription.....

*grabs a nuke and goes to zennimax*

that moment when the people you rp with come on when your about to sleep..

Ramisha

Quote from: moonlight7starshine on 2013 Oct 26, 06:48:56
sign i though this game was going to be free then i saw the price of them game i was like meh someday

then the monthly subscription.....

*grabs a nuke and goes to zennimax*

I know right??? That's ultra expensive, and especially if you're not one of those people who play all day every day
I wish it was just like "buy it and you get the whole game".

Midnight Breeze

15$/month has always been standard fare for MMORPGs, I don't see the problem here.

Ramisha

Oh.
But it's still quite expensive. It's not really for casual gamers, more like for hardcore people.
Well, everything is expensive to me- you see, I'm not very rich....

Go Up