Started by Shift, 2013 Jun 30, 19:38:29

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Shift

2013 Jun 30, 19:38:29 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 02, 20:59:40 by Shift

----ONE DAY A VECTOR WILL GO HERE...BUT TODAY IS NOT THE TIME.----

-General Stuff-
Name: Agida
Nickname/Alias(es): Just Agida, or her stage name, DJ Chord.
Race: Earth Pony

-Physical Stuff-
Cutie Mark: An F Clef.
Physique: Relatively thin and taller then average.

-Social Stuff-
Current Residence: Ponyville
Job: Violist (Formerly), DJ
Mother: Naqua
Father: Caesear
Sibling(s): Caesura (Older Sister)
Pet(s): Clarytone (Pet Snake)

-Personality Stuff-
Likes: Loud music, wild parties, dubstep, myths, sleeping in
Dislikes: Classical music, rock music, alchohol, stuck-up Canterlot nobles, royalty, insomnia
Motivation: To become the greatest DJ ever, even greater then DJ PON3.
Strengths: Intelligent, skilled as a DJ
Weaknesses/Flaws: Stubborn, naive at moments
Fears: Losing all of her fans

History: Agida was born in the great city of Canterlot to a family of classical musicians, who specifically focused on the string family. Due to the family knowing...er, hoping that Agida would be a great violinist one day, just like her older sister who already was doing fantastic in her school (Agida and Caesura were born ten years apart.) as a cellist. Due to this, they dubbed her the name Agida. One thing I forgot to mention: Agida is an Earth Pony, which really bummed out her parents. After all, her entire span of family were Unicorns. However, Caesura was begging her parents to keep her, and despite her parents being stuck-up Canterlot nobles, they showed a bit of love for their first daughter and agreed to keep her.

Agida was a very good foal, learning how to be polite and respectful. She liked the violin and played with all her heart, beautifully. Her parents were beyond proud...though, her sister was quite jealous and started picking on her. One day, one of Agida's friends pulled her to a party hosted by DJ PON3. Despite being just a filly, DJ PON3... was amazing. That was the first time she had ever experienced dubstep or DJ-ing for that matter. She immediately fell in love with it.

She rushed home, just a blur of color, to meet her parents and tell her of what she saw. Her parents were horrified and sent her to bed. Despite her parents looking worried and agitated, her sister giving her the evil eye, and her friend who keeps dragging her to parties: she was determined to become a DJ.

One day, after a wild party, she walked up to the DJ stand where a newer DJ called Neon Lights was that day. She attempted to DJ, but failed. However, she refused to give up. Every single day, after every party, she DJ'd. Her parents started to get worried about her and why she was failing her violin classes, but she didn't care.

Soon, she dropped out of violin without telling her parents. She talked with her friend, and her friend, due to being friends with the DJ for the night, agreed for Agida to take over as DJ for the night.

That night was brilliant. Everypony commented on how Agida was a natural. She got a lot of cash that day, and her parents saw her walking home with bags full of bits...and her cutie mark. There it was: a F clef. She was positive it showed her talent as a DJ.

She soon grew up and moved to Ponyville. She doesn't get that much news from her parents, but let's face it...she doesn't care.

Personality: Agida is headstrong and stubborn, jumping into things without looking. However, after she jumps into things, she always makes sure to think it through and pick the best possible path. She has insomnia problems, and can almost never go to bed. She is very strong and can buck down a whole tree of apples with a single kick. She is skilled in the art of DJ-ing. She dislikes classical music and Canterlot nobles and/or royalty. Yes, she does dislike Princess Celestia. She can be very rebellious, as she believes that instead of an empire, a democracy would work better. She is a fan of Princess Luna, and loves to look for constellations. She likes having a lot of fans, but doesn't like it when she runs out of dough. She always makes sure to update her track list every day, so ponies won't get sick of the same old songs. She owns a house in the middle of Ponyville, occupation by yours truly. A year back, she bought a pet snake that has a personality much like hers. Her mane is always messy and so is her coat.

-Character Development Stuff-
Favorite Color: Light Green
Favorite Type of Music: Dubstep
Birthday: March 25th
Favorite Song: C'mon Everypony, Smile!
Theme Song: Clicky

Using the template over at My Little Pony RPG.

Gracie Sky

I liked her story until it became more about DJ PON3 than her, which was around the second paragraph.

I'd also like to know what inspired the name Agida.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Shift

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2013 Jul 01, 21:01:05
I liked her story until it became more about DJ PON3 than her, which was around the second paragraph.

I'd also like to know what inspired the name Agida.

The backstory is still very much WiP, as such is the personality. I sort of wrote this in a rush, but thanks, once I revise this i'll tone it down on the DJ. Vinyl was actually the only DJ I could think of at the time, so I'll probably scour around for some other DJ canon ponies.

I actually wanted her name to be a musical instrument, any instrument would do, but it needed to sound 'classical' while relating to music to give off that vibe that her parents didn't want her to be a Dj. I liked the name 'Agida', which is a musical instrument, and fit the 'name' role. It also gave off that classical vibe without naming her 'Violoin' or 'Cello'.

Gracie Sky

You'll have to forgive me, but as far as I'm aware, Agida is a non-existent word, unless you slightly altered it from another word. I even tried looking up this word to no avail.

You do have something unique going for this character and it would be a shame to let it go to waste. I'm imagining how creative it would be if you had a DJ pony with a classical music background somehow combining the two elements and coming up with something completely new and different. I don't know if it already exists, but at least I think it's a more dynamic approach than being your run of the mill DJ. Maybe... she could... mix classical music? Does that even work?

Anyways, unless you are happy with her current name, I could offer a suggestion that would evoke the feeling of classical and DJing, since they do have some common ties. But I'll want permission before being so bold.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Shift

2013 Jul 02, 20:58:04 #4 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 02, 21:00:02 by Shift
Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2013 Jul 02, 20:29:50
You'll have to forgive me, but as far as I'm aware, Agida is a non-existent word, unless you slightly altered it from another word. I even tried looking up this word to no avail.

You do have something unique going for this character and it would be a shame to let it go to waste. I'm imagining how creative it would be if you had a DJ pony with a classical music background somehow combining the two elements and coming up with something completely new and different. I don't know if it already exists, but at least I think it's a more dynamic approach than being your run of the mill DJ. Maybe... she could... mix classical music? Does that even work?

Anyways, unless you are happy with her current name, I could offer a suggestion that would evoke the feeling of classical and DJing, since they do have some common ties. But I'll want permission before being so bold.

Combining classical and dubstep music?

GENIUS.

I'll definitly figure out some way to impliment it!

And anyway, Agida is a thing (At least I hope so). Check the wikapedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_instruments
Then do ctrl+f and type in Agida. It's a type of Membranophone.

Touched up the History a bit, still not completely done.

Go Up