Another iOS Chrome Bug.

Started by Julius, 2013 Apr 18, 03:24:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

Chrome recently got an update, but I hadn't updated until today. Now I can't login from my iPhone if I have cookies turned on. With cookies turned on it gives me an error telling me to check my cookies settings.

With cookies turned off I'd have to login every single time I felt like checking the forums from my iPhone, which is where I check the forums for about 85% of the time.

Help? o_o
Purr~

Pipkin

I don't have an iphone so I can't recreate this error....actually I can't even install chrome on my android...strange...

All I can suggest is to try clearing your cookies and cache and try again, if that doesn't work you may need to use another browser.  Is this the only site you have this issue on(or more specifically, the only SMF forum)?  Also do you log in with the box on the main page or do you click the login tab and log in from the login page?

ugh....why am I still awake...

Julius

I tried all of those suggestions before making the post, but thanks anyway. :P

However... It seems to have fixed itself somehow. At least for now. I would like this thread to remain open for a couple of days just in case the issue arises again though!
Purr~

Julius

Well... I seem to be having issues with cookies overall after that happened. The solution seems to be restarting the iPhone, but it's only temporary. o_o
Purr~

Pipkin

I honestly have no idea how to help you.  I know nothing about iphones, I can't run chrome on my phone, and I can log in and out of the forums with no issues with cookies cleared and shut off on my phone's default browser.  Since different browsers manage cookies differently it can't be the iPhone causing the issue, it's Chrome.  If you can i'd try reinstalling it.  Aside from using a different browser which i'm sure you prefer not to do i'm out of ideas...

Julius

Yeah, it's Chrome's fault. I sent feedback to google so they hopefully fix these issues...

On the bright side, I've had no issues since that post, and if they come back again I know how to deal with them annoying as they may be, so I think this topic can be locked now. It's up to Google to fix their app. Thanks for your support, Laptop. ^-^
Purr~

Go Up