Pony science! :D

Started by Albino, 2012 Mar 31, 03:01:41

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NightWish

Quote from: Coffee Rush on 2013 Jul 30, 22:55:00
Why is it that when Luna was banished to the moon, Lunar Mares were formed? I'm assuming it's a clever play on words, but I wonder...
I'd say that Nightmare Moon knew she was defeated and so wanted to still stick it to Celestia even after her banishment, so she turned into smoke and covered up as much of the moon as she can and made it into a shape of her own head. That way Celestia would always be reminded of what she had done and the inevitable return of NMM.
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

Night Pony

Quote from: NightWish on 2013 Jul 31, 02:00:37
Quote from: Coffee Rush on 2013 Jul 30, 22:55:00
Why is it that when Luna was banished to the moon, Lunar Mares were formed? I'm assuming it's a clever play on words, but I wonder...
I'd say that Nightmare Moon knew she was defeated and so wanted to still stick it to Celestia even after her banishment, so she turned into smoke and covered up as much of the moon as she can and made it into a shape of her own head. That way Celestia would always be reminded of what she had done and the inevitable return of NMM.

Laura said that when NMM was banished she wasn't actually on the Moon's surface. The way I imagine it is that NMM was on a plane with nothing else but darkness and the Lunar mares were a side effect of her imprisonment. I mean the ruler of the night (and therefore the moon) who has tremendous powers can have an impact when she is imprison in one of the things she controlled.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Coffee Rush

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jul 31, 00:46:06
Celestial (hehe) trauma from the impact of a Goddess being thrown straight into the Moon.  It would have caused enormous volcanic eruptions as the surface fragmented and the shock-wave turns cold rock to molten magma, causing different layers to form as the surface slowly solidifies again and giant chunks of rock are attracted by the Moon's gravity, slamming into the surface to create craters.

I could imagine that, if Luna was physically shot into the moon.
My OC can be found here!

hyper drive [HD]

NightWish

Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2013 Aug 02, 03:39:43
Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Mar 31, 07:25:55
Spoiler: show

i get it 100%
Yeah, just basic genetics. Doesn't quite fit anymore though, since basic genetics was kinda blown skyward by Twilight completely changing species, and consequently genetic code, in the span of five minutes.
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

Night Pony

Spoiler: Here's one that I faved. • show

GlassMirror

They should have the DragonPony genetics!  O:

NightWish

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Aug 02, 15:43:30

That doesn't work either, for the same reason. This is the same one I used as head canon until the s3 finale. xD

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2013 Aug 02, 17:15:43
They should have the DragonPony genetics!  O:
I actually explained my own head canon on that a couple pages back. I call them batponies though. c: ALSO MY OC IS SO ADORABLE JUST LOOK AT HER OMG /)^3^(\
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

Night Pony

NightWish

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Aug 22, 03:20:32

I think this is the only time I have ever disagreed with the word of Faust. Sorry Lauren, but this head canon is too big to fail!
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

The Wandering Magus

behold the word of Faust!
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Asterian Starfall

I'd have to say this theory is fairly sound, even if we take into the account for Twilight's transformation.

Now before anypony says anything, let me explain. Humans today can accurately and efficiently alter DNA, genomes, and alleles in both plants and as recent research suggests, humans themselves. While it has no immediate effect like what we see from S3:E13, think about it. After Celestia altered Twilight's genes, she could have easily performed an Age Spell, turning her into an infant, then accelerating her growth exponentially until she was back to her original age.

Unless of course the entire thing was a spell in which case I'm going on about nothing, aren't I?  X3
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Aug 22, 12:28:04

I'd have to say this theory is fairly sound, even if we take into the account for Twilight's transformation.

Now before anypony says anything, let me explain. Humans today can accurately and efficiently alter DNA, genomes, and alleles in both plants and as recent research suggests, humans themselves. While it has no immediate effect like what we see from S3:E13, think about it. After Celestia altered Twilight's genes, she could have easily performed an Age Spell, turning her into an infant, then accelerating her growth exponentially until she was back to her original age.

Unless of course the entire thing was a spell in which case I'm going on about nothing, aren't I?  X3
Or, you know, as the Element of Magic, Twilight IS the spell, and the Elements bringing her to the astral plane was just the first step... or something.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

NightWish

Expanding on what Magus said, maybe the Elements sent her to the plane but needed alicorn magic to set off the spell, something like a catalyst. That would explain why Celestia needed to go in with her, maybe.
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

Go Up