My first sprite animation.

Started by Blues-Music, 2012 Nov 01, 15:04:57

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Blues-Music

I kinda went too fast with this one , and I was completely lazy when I made it.However if I had writers I could make a mario/sonic crossover.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

LaptopCommandStation

I haven't done sprite animation in....9-10 years.  I made a 2-3 minute long sonic short but my HD crashed right after I finished it and I lost it.

But the animation wasn't as smooth as this, that looks good.  Did you use flash, or another program?

Blues-Music

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Nov 01, 20:40:01
I haven't done sprite animation in....9-10 years.  I made a 2-3 minute long sonic short but my HD crashed right after I finished it and I lost it.

But the animation wasn't as smooth as this, that looks good.  Did you use flash, or another program?
Flash is over rated in my opinion.When making anything using sprites the sprite sheet will always have a background of the same color.Making gimp the best pick because it has a color select tool allowing me to delete the background entirly making it look as if i'm photoshopping it just without having to worry you deselected a color that happens to be a color of your sprite.So gimp , and any movie maker.However I disagree this didn't look good because as you can see I never actually smoothed it out , and it looked like sonic was teleporting.

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Nov 02, 05:20:55
However I disagree this didn't look good because as you can see I never actually smoothed it out , and it looked like sonic was teleporting.

Hehe, you can't disagree with me that this looks worse than my flash animations because you don't know how bad they were!  I'll give ya an example. 
Look at my signature and how the mouse cursor moves. 
Now imagine those 3 buttons are the 3 enemies sonic destroyed and the mouse cursor is Sonic.
Now, Imagine 3 MINUTES of that.....

That, was my animation  X3

Go Up