Quote from: GlassMirror on 2013 Oct 01, 16:39:40
Is Torch and Spark sisters to?  :3

Quote from: Torch's OC infoTorch is the "tough as dragon nails" sister to Spark

GlassMirror

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Oct 01, 16:44:10
Quote from: GlassMirror on 2013 Oct 01, 16:39:40
Is Torch and Spark sisters to?  :3

Quote from: Torch's OC infoTorch is the "tough as dragon nails" sister to Spark

...oops... lol ,but still, I like Them! Shadow Mare is funny.

Shadow Mare

SM: Funny?! Oh I'll show you "funny"...

GlassMirror

oooooooooo! Very mysterious indeed! Kinda stole my idea with Zephyr seeing into the future, but it doesn't matter, you can have it! ^-^
If you want, I can draw your new dragon ponies as well. ovO

Shadow Mare

Lets wait till Silverstarlight finishes, I got to write Srytker Mare and Chill's info.

Ramisha

If I met Stryker Mare I'd most likely get in a fight with her...  :c
oh and I like Knight mare.

Shadow Mare

Why would you get in a fight with her? ono

Ramisha

Well, you said she's kind of a loose cannon and will accept any challenge... and I like to fight and don't like her  lol don't take this wrong, she's a good character, but I don't like people like that, I'm more like Knight Mare.

Shadow Mare

What are your opinion on their dragons zephyr and chill?

GoldenTerrabyte

Who drew the bottom picture of Dawn Mare? It looks amazing!
I'm back

Ramisha

Oh I remember now. Sorry for not replying, Chrome crashed twice while I was replying and I forgot to reply later.
I like Zephyr and Chill, because they're like opposites of their pony counterparts.
Actually if you ask me Zephyr might be a bit more fitting for Stryker mare and Chill for Knight mare. But don't change them, it's good like this too.
I like how Chill passes out a lot.

Syphor

This is an amazing OC you've made Shadow Mare.  And it's great to see another Dragon-Pony in the fandom, usually it's bats.  I really love how you even have a baby dragon, not only that but another OC with a baby dragon.  Really awesome!
I used to hate MLP, now I don't.  Who cares what others think, they are just weak minded.  Bronies have conventions, what do haters have?

Shadow Mare

GoldenTerrabyte

Yeah, I must agree that it's a cool idea. I'd want to start a dragon pony OC too, but at this point, people might think I'm copying you of I did it.
I'm back

Shadow Mare

teacloud

I apologize in advance for the long post!

You asked me to check out your OCs, so here I am! I hope you don't mind if I give a little feedback...

As a whole, a common theme I see among your characters is power. All of your characters possess otherworldly power that surpasses that of basic unicorn magic. These characters are used for roleplay (I'm guessing), so in a MLP roleplay, these character's power is far greater than anyone around them, giving an unfair advantage that borders on power-playing. And though I'm aware that dragons are generally bullies in MLP canon, you seem to have an entire roster of antagonists, who are all very powerful. That could lead to some problems, as those types of characters tend to be overdone and people don't take to them very well. However, I'm here to tell you what I think is great and what little things you can do to make your ponies 20% cooler!

Shadow Mare and Spark

Shadow mare is a good base character. Having unpleasant characters isn't always a bad thing like some people may think! As long as they're done tastefully, they're super fun to play! Shadow and Spark's pairing was an excellent choice, especially with Spark's light color scheme and good-natured personality. Both of their designs are akin to their personalities; dark and light. Spark seems to take Shadow down a notch, as Shadow is forced to care for such a kind little dragon. Spark is also kind, though is capable of defending herself, which is good; you don't want a one-sided character. The dragonpony's magic bothers me, because it makes them alicorn-like. They can fly and conjure magic, despite lacking horns or any other magic implements. Perhaps attributing dragon-pony magic to artifacts/wearable items that can be removed would be better, which allows for some sort of weakness and doesn't allow them to be OP characters. I think that can be attributed to all of your characters. Or, remove the wings on some characters and replace that with only magic; not all dragons can fly, Spike and your baby dragons being good examples! Also, the criminal-on-the-run thing is kind of vague... Perhaps the crime was not intentional? Bad guy are kind of overdone, and I think theres a lot of potential for Shadow! Good characters have layers of flaws, and if you incorporate that it can easily take your character from an 8 to a 10!

Dawn Mare and Torch

Having Dawn be a rivalling sister to Shadow was a good choice, it allows for a sort of ying-and-yang complex; the good and bad. Even their dragons are opposites! Again, opposite color schemes were an excellent choice and reflect your characters personalities. Her personality could use a little work though, just a little! She's "pretty likeable" but all of her characteristics seem to say otherwise.. And she doesn't have any flaws that debilitate her or really affect her in any way (she's bordering on Suedom), just some things to think about!

Knight Mare & Zephyr

Both very good characters! I like Knight Mare, her personality is well-rounded; she has reason for her traits that coincide with her profession. She doesn't let her blood ties interfere with her work. Having a wise companion was an excellent choice, as a leader she has to be informed. However, 'having someone thrown behind bars because they upset her' is a bit of a stretch; kind of makes her seem like a corrupt leader, when I don't think you intended for her to be that way (though I may be wrong). I'd love to see some backstory on her, could be very interesting!

Stryker Mare and Chill

Another very good pairing; I love, love, LOVE Chill's design. Placing a frightful character with a very capable character works very well. Chill has many flaws, though I'd like to see her with some perks as well! I think she really deserves some pick-me-ups, she's an awesome little dragon character! Stryker is also pretty well-rounded, and I like her lack of magic. The fact that she makes up for this in her own time by physically improving herself adds layers to her that I don't see as much in the others. However, I think you may have made up for her flaws a little too much. She's skilled with any weapon, meaning that she has practiced vigorously with every weapon ever designed. It takes warriors years and years to perfect their skills with merely one weapon... Potentially a lifetime! I would perhaps refine this to one or two specific weapons that greatly compliment her character, making it more believable! :>

Again, this isn't me saying 'CHANGE THIS!', it's merely my observations: what I like and what could be done to make your characters even better! :> I think they're all good, there's just some little bits that can be elaborated upon and improved! :>

Deviantart
Twitter

Link me to your OC ponies and I'd love to critique them for you!

FanofRainbowDash

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2012 Oct 14, 23:57:29
She currently likes to bully around a certain dragon that lives in a library...
*Rarity pushes me away and looks at the quote* NOT MY SPIKEY WIKEY!!!!!  D:

Shadow Mare

BUMP AGAIN BUT WITH NEW OCS.

ThePolarAtlis

Do my eyes deceive me or did I saw that they all lke to adventure (most of them any ways)

Ramisha

Omg I just noticed their theme song is the Dragon's Dogma theme song :3 I want to play that game so bad, it's too awesome!  0:) Ps. I like the new ponies

Go Up