0 (0%)
1 (7.1%)
0 (0%)
more than 5 (more than love)
13 (92.9%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Book Smarts

Why can't we all just watch the cartoon, have a laugh, and just enjoy? Isn't that what Lauren Faust wanted all along when she originally created Friendship is Magic?

Julius

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 16, 19:36:15
Why can't we all just watch the cartoon, have a laugh, and just enjoy? Isn't that what Lauren Faust wanted all along when she originally created Friendship is Magic?

Brohoof. B)
Purr~

The Wandering Magus

2012 Sep 16, 20:23:55 #22 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 16, 20:35:36 by The Wandering Magus
Quote from: Julius on 2012 Sep 16, 19:49:11

Brohoof. B)
because, you two, and Blues as well, there is such a thing as a different opinion.  Zygro exemplifies that.  Forcing a viewpoint on somepony else is just hypocritical, considering the fandom.

Now personally, I enjoyed episodes of both seasons, and found other episodes of both seasons very difficult to watch.  And no matter what anypony says, no, it doesn't matter to me whether the pony playing pretend with non-ponies is a horridly drawn foal or an awesomely drawn mare.  It's playing pretend, with inanimate objects, in my opinion.  Now, the context is shocking, yes, for the latter, but unless somepony knows that context the scene itself is just strange, not "cool", or so I think.  I adore Fluttershy, yes.  That doesn't mean that I don't find some episodes with her in it irritating or embarrassing to watch or listen to.  Same goes for the rest of the mane six and side characters.  Now, as for rating the show, personally, I think the producers did a wonderful job in creating something that is accessible to many, many demographics.  It's not perfect, but then again, nothing really is in my opinion.

I'm not going to go forcing my opinion on anypony else, that's just what I think.  Blues obviously will have different opinions on some aspects, and Zygro will have different opinions on other aspects.  And that's fine.  Diversity in opinion is what shapes a fandom, and really shapes society in general.  We might not all agree on everything, but at least we are all part of a community.  That's what's important, in my opinion.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Book Smarts

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 16, 20:23:55
Quote from: Julius on 2012 Sep 16, 19:49:11

Brohoof. B)
because, you two, and Blues as well, there is such a thing as a different opinion.  Zygro exemplifies that.  Forcing a viewpoint on somepony else is just hypocritical, considering the fandom.

Now personally, I enjoyed episodes of both seasons, and found other episodes of both seasons very difficult to watch.  And no matter what anypony says, no, it doesn't matter whether the pony playing pretend with non-ponies is a horridly drawn foal or an awesomely drawn mare.  It's playing pretend, with inanimate objects.  Now, the context is shocking, yes, for the latter, but unless somepony knows that context the scene itself is just strange, not "cool".  I adore Fluttershy, yes.  That doesn't mean that I don't find some episodes with her in it irritating or embarrassing to watch or listen to.  Same goes for the rest of the mane six and side characters.  Now, as for rating the show, personally, I think the producers did a wonderful job in creating something that is accessible to many, many demographics.  It's not perfect, but then again, nothing really is in my opinion.

I'm not going to go forcing my opinion on anypony else, that's just what I think.  Blues obviously will have different opinions on some aspects, and Zygro will have different opinions on other aspects.  And that's fine.  Diversity in opinion is what shapes a fandom, and really shapes society in general.  We might not all agree on everything, but at least we are all part of a community.  That's what's important, in my opinion.

I just wanted to find a medium between blue and xygrograxgra  :c

The Wandering Magus

It's good to try to find a balance, but I think one should also be willing to accept differing viewpoints if it's not a life-and-death situation.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Vertigo

Lary

Quote from: Vertigo on 2012 Sep 22, 08:21:21
People hate season 2?  :s

Season 1 had the feeling of magic, along with lots of creativity and original storylines.
Season 2 is full of fanservice, overused plotlines, mediocre songs (with only a select few exceptions), constant breaking of character, and the worst Alicorn in the series taking full control of the Season Finale.

Both seasons had it's strengths and flaws, but I found Season 2 to be FAR more hit-or-miss.

---

On-Topic: It's just a TV show that I like. Should be nothing more.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

PrincessButton

I am ashamed of anypony on the forums who votes less than three... I mean, the forum IS for pony lovers, no? I don't know why someone who /hates/ them would be on LoE in the first place!
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Lary

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Sep 22, 09:55:04
I am ashamed of anypony on the forums who votes less than three... I mean, the forum IS for pony lovers, no? I don't know why someone who /hates/ them would be on LoE in the first place!

Stating the reasons would get me in trouble, or this topic closed down (if it isn't already digging that hole right now).
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Sep 22, 10:25:48

Stating the reasons would get me in trouble, or this topic closed down (if it isn't already digging that hole right now).
Well Lary, we all know you're.....special.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Sep 22, 10:28:20
Quote from: Lary on 2012 Sep 22, 10:25:48

Well Lary, we all know you're.....special.  ^-^
ooooooooh

Vertigo

Nopony is voteing less than 3?  :/

Crazieman

Its an addiction.

Hi, I'm Crazieman, and... I'm addicted to pony.  *sob*  I started using pony last year and I haven't stopped since.

Vertigo

Quote from: Crazieman on 2012 Sep 23, 22:11:27
Its an addiction.

Hi, I'm Crazieman, and... I'm addicted to pony.  *sob*  I started using pony last year and I haven't stopped since.

wut?  o.O

Julius

Read his username, Vertigo! ^-^
Purr~

Vertigo

Julius

Well, basically he meant that nopony would vote below three, because it is an addiction and everypony loves it. He also provided an example of himself saying he hasn't stopped ever since he got addicted, because it's so good.  ^-^

I mean... Ponies man... Just... Ponies...  ovO

That's the way I see it at least.
Purr~

Giggle Tail

2012 Sep 25, 21:06:38 #37 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 25, 21:14:58 by Giggle Tail
Personally, I'm with what seems to be the majority opinion that season 2 was just as awesome (if not more-so) as season 1.  Though again, my opinion.

On a lighter note.....

PONIES PONIES PONIES PONIES PONIES  ovO  :D

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Sep 16, 02:18:35
On a scale from one to awesome it's the CHEEZE!  ovO

....You got that from a certain different awesome cartoon, didn't you? :D
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Julius

Actually from a song by Gym Class Heroes!
Purr~

Giggle Tail

Really?  Huh.....Learn something new every day.
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Go Up