2 (5.4%)
Blues
2 (5.4%)
Other (Please Specify)
17 (45.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Go Down

Cresto

Primarily pop-punk, metal (folk, power, and doom), and alt rock. I almost exclusively listen to vocal oriented music, mostly geared towards  or operatic esque stories. In general I would say I'm not to fond of most mainstream music. /hipster

I don't dislike rap or country. I just rarely listen to them due to the fact I don't like [I]most[/I] of it.

Drgnwolf

Well honestly I can't choose, usually I just go with whatever the heck I feel like listening to  :]
Sometimes Rock, Rap, Dubstep and sometimes Country or just Classical stuff. You give me a song and there's a 90% chance of me liking it xD

AbsoluteZero

I listen to pretty every kind of genre of music.
Dubstep is a bit... iffy with me. Very rarely do I find a dubstep song I can sit down and enjoy. The only songs I could really think of with Dubstep would be Discord by Eurobeat Brony, Spectrum -Odyssey's Prism Mix- (also by Eurobeat Brony) and Fushia Ruler by Sinister Scythe... However, Discord and Spectrum only have a brief section of dubstep and some have said Fushia Ruler isn't dubstep at all.   :s

Anyways, I mainly listen to various Video Game/Anime soundtracks/OSTs... I'm currently listening to the Devil May Cry 3 OST as well as the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift OST.  :]

I have a TON more OSTs where THOSE game from.  lol
"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction! I am Hakumen! The end has come!!"
                                           ~ Hakumen, BlazBlue

GuitarBrony

I like little bits of everything, to be honest.

But, my preferred genres would be along the lines of:

Ska
Classic Rock
Punk (though more the earlier age of punk rock)
Classical
Jazz (i LOVE me some good Jazz music)
A bit of Country
and whatever genre Jimmy Buffett belongs to.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

The Wandering Magus

classical western (beethoven, mozart, chopin)
classical east asian (classical chinese peipa, japanese shamisen, etc)
fusion east asian (yoshida brothers, etc)
anime jpop (FMA OP and EDs, Angel Beats, Clannad, etc)
videogame music (Ookami etc)
movie music (LoTR music)
pagan/norse/celtic metal (Manowar)
vocaloid (meruto, world is mine, popipo, miku ni suru ageru)
jazz
some country
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

colinkochevar

I love some of almost every genre, but If I had to pick a few favorites, they'd be ones that weren't on the poll, so I chose other.

First isn't exactly a genre, but it is a category of sorts and that's video game music. I was raised on 8 bit, 16 bit, starcraft, Pokemon, and metroid prime video game music. Video game music tends to be heavily electronic, which has influenced me.

Second is Breakcore, probably my very favorite. I absolutely LOVE Venetian Snares! Complex drum beats, time signatures, and heavy sampling underneath lots of effects make breakcore one of the most complex genres.

Third is speedcore. You either, "get it" or you don't with speedcore. I like it. Most don't. Not much to say there.

And fourth is pretty much anything with breakbeats or good drumming in it. This includes Drum and bass, Breakbeat, the aforementioned breakcore, and metal.
How can party rock be in the house tonight, if everybody's outside?

Weremetalwolf

I love metal (epic, heavy, folk, synphonic), rock (led zeppelin, jimy hendrix, ecc...), classic and sometimes even J-pop.
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

Science Woona

Incoming list of weird unpopular genre's!
I loooove Moombahcore
Moombahton as well
Reggaeton  is nice
Dubstep - the traditional (in case you didn't know, traditional is less midrange and treble and mostly deep bass. It doesn't hurt your ears either)
Coleco - Not a Genre, but his "dubstep" is very.. uh... epic? Its nothing like what you would hear everyday. Its almost orchestral
Brostep- dubstep like Excision or Datsik (I do NOT like Skrillex)
Trap - hiphop beats with deep sweeping bass
Swing - Puts a swing in your trot!
Ragtime - Same as above
Electro-Swing - Same as above
Swingstep - Same as above
Electro-Rag-Swing? - Same as above
YTPMV's - Because they are scientific or something
Glitch-Hop - Whee!
and... yah... all types of electronic because...
uh.. BECAUSE SCIENCE!!!!
Click the picture for my blog!

Check out my art thread!

Lucien

PROGRESSIVE ROCK.

Anything by Rush or Dream Theater.

Amazing new song by Rush

Amazing new song by Dream Theater
Starting anew. I am a musician. My past here means nothing.

Enstramentall

I'm very much a fan of opera and musical theater, with some classical thrown in there. Plus whatever genre the Beatles and Disney music belong to. I do like some rock and pop, along with some country and a tinsy bit of pop, but I'm not very into "modern" songs.
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

Detective Woona

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Dec 07, 14:29:30
classical western (beethoven, mozart, chopin)
classical east asian (classical chinese peipa, japanese shamisen, etc)
videogame music (Ookami etc)
movie music (LoTR music)

Quote from: Enstramentall on 2012 Dec 31, 15:01:05
I'm very much a fan of opera and musical theater, with some classical thrown in there. Plus whatever genre the Beatles and Disney music belong to. I do like some rock and pop, along with some country and a tinsy bit of pop, but I'm not very into "modern" songs.
Quote from: Science Woona on 2012 Dec 18, 01:49:20
Incoming list of weird unpopular genre's!

Quote from: AbsoluteZero on 2012 Oct 10, 17:59:13
I listen to pretty every kind of genre of music.

My seal of approval, you all has it.
I'm glad to see so much musical open-mindedness. It reinvigorates my faith.
As one who pursues musical mastery, I listen to everything. Every piece of music presents a learning opportunity.
Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

ChocolateRain

This vote is quite incomplete... I mostly enjoy Ska, Punk Rock, Chiptune, PMV ovO...

All work and no candy makes Choco a dull colt!
deviantArt

Nala Valor

You know there's like 10 or more kind of jazz and easily over 20 kind of rock? I could sit here and name a lot of them but I'm tired.

Little Judas

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Jan 02, 09:52:39
You know there's like 10 or more kind of jazz and easily over 20 kind of rock? I could sit here and name a lot of them but I'm tired.

And when you put Metal under one of Rock's genres then there are at least 10 more
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

GuitarBrony

Quote from: ChocolateRain on 2013 Jan 02, 09:41:06
This vote is quite incomplete... I mostly enjoy Ska, Punk Rock, Chiptune, PMV ovO...

*squee* Ska-brohoof! /)
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

ChocolateRain

(\ Good to see some fellow ponies enjoying Ska too... :D There need to be more Ska PMVs... Pinkie skanking would be hilarious. :D

All work and no candy makes Choco a dull colt!
deviantArt

Nala Valor

And also, you forgot the best of the best! Polka!

Cr4ckZ0r

i like kpop, jpop and experimental music like soundtemp and cubesato

Go Up