Animal Crossing Wild World

Started by Kiruu, 2012 Sep 01, 00:39:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kiruu

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 04, 20:30:33
Nook=Tanuki, kind've works  :P

In the Japanese version I'm pretty sure Nook is a Tanuki, similar to how Kapp'n is a Kappa.

Xeno Aura

Quote from: WikipediaTom Nook, known in Japan as Tanukichi. Tom Nook is based on the Japanese Raccoon Dog (also known as a tanuki).

Sea Foam

Tom Nook also sounds nearly identical to tanuki......kinda.          .
                                                                                                      I
                                                                                                     .

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Kiruu

except for that little minor detail that shall not be named.

Itty Bit

Quote from: Kiruu on 2012 Sep 05, 00:33:28
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 04, 20:30:33
Nook=Tanuki, kind've works  :P

In the Japanese version I'm pretty sure Nook is a Tanuki, similar to how Kapp'n is a Kappa.

Oh yeah! That too!

Book Smarts

Quote from: Kiruu on 2012 Sep 05, 07:30:37

lol at this

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Kiruu on 2012 Sep 05, 07:30:37

*Snort*Kch heehee. :P

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Kiruu

Glad I can make you guys laugh :D

Book Smarts

One of my room mates brought City Folks and I started a character  :D

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Sep 09, 13:38:32 #29 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 09, 13:40:58 by Chishio Kunrin
In City Folk, you get your own house instead of being roommates with the other players, right? :P Would've come in handy in the Gamecube version when my friend accidentally sold one of my favorite furniture items to a neighbor on that stupid day where people come to your house like "Can I buy this?! :D"

I really should've stopped letting her play games with my memory cards. :\ I had a horse game, and I got almost to the end of it. She accidentally saved over my file and made some of the ugliest horses ever.

Giggle Tail

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 09, 13:38:32
In City Folk, you get your own house instead of being roommates with the other players, right? :P Would've come in handy in the Gamecube version when my friend accidentally sold one of my favorite furniture items to a neighbor on that stupid day where people come to your house like "Can I buy this?! :D"

I really should've stopped letting her play games with my memory cards. :\ I had a horse game, and I got almost to the end of it. She accidentally saved over my file and made some of the ugliest horses ever.

The gamecube version had players in their houses.  Plus they didn't have the flea market in that one  o.O
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Giggle Tail on 2012 Sep 09, 13:44:37
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 09, 13:38:32

The gamecube version had players in their houses.  Plus they didn't have the flea market in that one  o.O

I remember playing a version where the players were roommates and there was a flea market. I actually can't remember what I had it on. Could've been on DS, but I dunno. We shared quite a few games while she was hanging out here for a summer.

Xeno Aura

2012 Sep 09, 13:48:28 #32 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 09, 13:50:11 by Xeno Aura
The only one of the 4 Animal Crossing games that you share a house on is the DS one, that one also has a Flea Market.

The N64, GCN and Wii ones all have 4 houses in the town built for players.

The DS one has an attic room with room for 4 beds.

Book Smarts

City Folk doesn't have a flea market event, but they do have an auction house of sorts  ;)

Go Up