Bronies have made their way to the military!

Started by ShadowHeart, 2012 Jul 19, 02:22:25

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ShadowHeart

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/18/military-my-little-pony-fan-club/
Read this! I'm pretty excited about this but the rest of the world may be wierded out. Comment and tell me your thoughts.

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Lord of Madness

Well this is just an uplifting article isnt it  ^-^

ShadowHeart

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

PrincessButton

Heeey Banana Mustang is in the navy and he's a big ol' brony!  :D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Iodine

I'm surprised Fox News isn't outright bashing Bronies in this article.

GuitarBrony

Yeah. The only thing that was really said was that the patches are a uniform violation. Which is technically true.

But, much love to the bronies in the military
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

hyper drive [HD]

sweet im going into the marines and un authorized military patches arnt allowed but any other patch not dealing with military is allowed

ChilledEagle

I've been debating about joining the military.
On the bright side it's a really nice article to read.

hyper drive [HD]

2012 Jul 19, 11:13:42 #8 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 19, 11:26:27 by hyper drive [HD]
Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Jul 19, 10:46:28
I've been debating about joining the military.
On the bright side it's a really nice article to read.
its a rewarding path

GuitarBrony

I have TONS of respect for the men and women of the armed forces. That being said, a military career is not for me.

I'm also unfit for service... so i'll serve my country as a civilian, i guess.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Chishio Kunrin

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were actually neutral/non-biased in this article. Very professional of them, and they actually got information right.

Then again, it would be foalish to bash the military in a country that has such nationalism. :]

Quote from: GuitarBrony on 2012 Jul 19, 11:18:49
I have TONS of respect for the men and women of the armed forces. That being said, a military career is not for me.

I'm also unfit for service... so i'll serve my country as a civilian, i guess.

Yeah, I once thought about the army, but I'm unfit for service too. I would've chosen a job taking care of army dogs.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

I've thought about going USCG, it's always there if I want/need to join  :D

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

I really want to join the Canadian military...But not sure if my sight will allow it. I have -2.50/-1.50 eyesight, and it's worsening =(
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

PrincessButton

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jul 22, 22:37:39
I really want to join the Canadian military...But not sure if my sight will allow it. I have -2.50/-1.50 eyesight, and it's worsening =(
There is an eyesight requirement for the military? Then I definitely cannot join. :c My eyesight is -4.75/-5.25  >A<

Lary

I really, really want to comment on this. I really do.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Book Smarts

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 22, 22:40:15
There is an eyesight requirement for the military? Then I definitely cannot join. :c My eyesight is -4.75/-5.25  >A<

Oh wow. Well, I'm not sure if there is a specific eyesight requirement, but I'm sure having good vision is beneficial.

And I've always wanted to be in some kind of recon unit. A Sniper to be exact. I've researched a bit on the subject, and it's a lot of work. But it's still something that really amazes me.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

PrincessButton

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jul 22, 23:22:39

Oh wow. Well, I'm not sure if there is a specific eyesight requirement, but I'm sure having good vision is beneficial.

And I've always wanted to be in some kind of recon unit. A Sniper to be exact. I've researched a bit on the subject, and it's a lot of work. But it's still something that really amazes me.
Yeah, being a Sniper would definitely require good vision..  :I

videogamehunter

I'm glad there's bronys  in service for our country.

ChilledEagle

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Jul 22, 23:22:39

I'd love to be a sniper, but realizing how terrible I am when it comes to stealth then I wouldn't exactly be the best at it.

Go Up