Times the Mane 6 have gone against their own element?

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2012 Jul 08, 15:05:36

previous topic - next topic

Which pony is the WORST representation of her element?

Twilight Sparkle
2 (4.3%)
Applejack
3 (6.4%)
Pinkie Pie
0 (0%)
Fluttershy
0 (0%)
Rarity
34 (72.3%)
Rainbow Dash
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Go Down

HerpyDooves

I guess I voted too fast x3 I voted Rainbow Dash because I remember than just two times to where she was disloyal, but then again, Rarity hasn't been very generous in the last season or so.

Chishio Kunrin

Doesn't generosity = selflessness? So, to break her element, Rarity would have to be selfish, which can sometimes be enacted through greed.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Star

About Rarity's "greed" for gems, may I remind you all that finding gems is her special talent? Of course she will appreaciate gems, when her cutiemark represents gems..

The dress Rarity DID make for Twilight's birthday in the episode "Sweet and Elite" turned out to be a pretty and simple dress which Twilight loved.

Rarity hasn't been greedy around Spike, he simply bends around her hoof because he likes her.

I will say that she did break her generousity in A Canterlot Wedding, with the brides bouquet  lol and I suppose letting all the attention get to her head in Sonic Rainboom could be breaking her element to..

Meh, to me, Rarity is still best pony  ^-^ (personal opinion, please don't take it negatively)

Iron Girella

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 09, 02:01:21
You actually think that they have to live up to their element in the fullest?It would be really boring ,and girly if they did elements to the letter they would also have to live a terrible life due to it honesty will say anything bad as long as its true ,and laughter would laugh at anything even if its a problem with friends the show will also be:

well, that's a point xD
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dota2bronycommunity]Dota2 Brony Community Steam[/URL]         

Sign by Ritux ~ | Steam | You Tube

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 09, 08:23:51
True. I once wrote a thing about how the seven deadly sins are necessary for humans, as long as we commit them in moderation. So, I guess going against their Elements of Harmony is a necessary thing at times, too.

Off topic, but how is lust necessary?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2012 Jul 09, 10:25:24
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 09, 08:23:51
True. I once wrote a thing about how the seven deadly sins are necessary for humans, as long as we commit them in moderation. So, I guess going against their Elements of Harmony is a necessary thing at times, too.

Off topic, but how is lust necessary?

The human race needs to keep going, and if people didn't have any interest in doing what's necessary to create more humans, then... you can guess where that's heading.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

videogamehunter

GuitarBrony

i typed a LOT. wow. I'll spoiler it so it doesn't take up as much space.

Spoiler: show
No one is perfect. well, i guess i should say no pony is perfect.

We all have times where we go against our usual behavior, or our own principles. It's part of living. part of growing. this is no different for the mane 6. In all fairness they aren't THE Elements. they are their CARRIERS. their BEARERS. They aren't physical manifestations of their respective elements. they just heavily show the traits of the Elements. Aside from that, they are still human (well, ponies, but you get my point.) They make mistakes. They aren't perfect. but that's the point. They are learning. especially Twilight. If one is perfect, how does one learn? So it is to be expected that they'd occasionally do something that seemingly goes against their Element. But it is not frequent enough, nor serious enough to say that they break their element.

Take Applejack. yes. she does 'lie' in "Party of One." but it is not a bold-faced, "i feel like lying" lie. It's a small half truth to surprise a friend. That's not being dishonest. that's throwing a surprise party. In "The Last Roundup," she never really LIES to her friends. she simply says she will not be returning, and the money will come soon, which was, according to her plans, the truth. she never technically breaks the pinkie promise, as explained in the episode. and when it came to not explaining her motives, she simply said WHAT happened (which was all truthful), but never said WHY. deceptive, yes. lying, no. these are all half truths with the intentions of not letting her friends/family down. she's not a dishonest pony. not by a long shot.

Rarity, possibly the biggest 'breaker,' is also not truly going against her element. Think of all the sacrifices she's made throughout the show. sure. she might overuse spike, but think about it. She probably knows he's got a huge crush on her, but will never really act on it. so, if he's willing to work for nothing, she'll let him do so, knowing he's more enjoying himself than working. deep down, despite what she may do on the outside, her innate generosity comes through constantly. She's never acted with true greed. even if she has selfish motives, a bit of generosity makes its way into her actions.

Pinkie's element really is never 'broken.' yes. she does go a wee bit bonkers in "Party of One," but think about it. Instead of taking her anger out on her friends, or actively trying to make them know she's mad, she finds new 'friends,' in a psychotic search for a party for gummy. looking at laughter from a jovial attitude stance, rather than from the physical act of laughing, she stays true to her element pretty well, though in a crazy sort of way.

Fluttershy DOES get mean in the Iron Will episode, but, to be honest, it stems out of Kindness. she wants to be more assertive, mainly because she cares for her animal friends, and knows her passiveness makes it hard to do so. her descent into meanness comes out of the subsequent brain-washing imposed by Iron Will. But deep down, her intentions were of kindness.

Rainbow Dash... that episode was just weird. let's just say that. but in her defense, NONE OF THEM thought to get Pinkie and Rarity. it wasn't just RD.

and Twilight. her "tunnel vision" in regards to working is, in my view, actually very becoming of the bearer of the Element of Magic. Magic, itself, is indeed a wild, churning force. It is the very essence of nature. which is why only Unicorns can use it. yes, it can be said that Pegasi and Earth Ponies have innate magicks that allow them to fly and cultivate the land, respectively, but that is, as stated, innate. It is by the nature of the magic, and the nature of the ponies that they can do these things. They don't think about it, nor channel anything. It just happens. Unicorns, on the other hand, directly control magic.   The simple act of telekinetically manipulating objects requires a lot of control. One must be very disciplined to master the control of magicks. To take an aetherial force, that is by nature wild and uncontrollable takes a large amount of self-control, concentration, and willpower. all qualities of Ms. Twilight Sparkle. although the horn of a unicorn makes some of the basics (telekinesis usually), easier for the Unicorn, Twilight has gained a sort of expertise in magic as a whole. she does not just have a penchant for a specific magic skill. she can do many different forms of magic, and varying degrees of difficulty. This requires a mortal, like Twilight, to be very studious and concentrated. And Twilight, as we all know, is just that. So, she fits the ticket for the bearer of the Element of Magic very well in that regard.

This is just my opinion. feel free to disagree.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Snow Crystals

I guess rarity broke her element a lot of times and the other 5 not so much

Pinkie has pranks though some times pranks is not to laugh about sometimes. so she use rainbow dash to make a party to get rid of the gilda as for revenge.

fluttershy and the dragon in the episode in dragon shy.   she happened to move that dragon out of the cave.

Apple Jack in the last round up episode where she skip breakfast.  She skipped it uh that's a big one
i have to say you can't skip breakfast because time is still in breakfast hour I guess and she ran.

Then the season 1 episode 26 fluttershy was rude to all animals and etc at the garden

Twilight sparkle try to figure out pinkie scene but it didn't work because it's predictions
Twilight sparkle didn't read the book to cure poison joke

I am not sure if this counts not sure  but rainbow dash after the competition
he chooses wounder bolts over his friends.

Go Up