Slenderman: The Game

Started by Doomguy, 2012 Jul 06, 08:57:35

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Doomguy

2012 Jul 06, 08:57:35 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 06, 15:42:54 by Doomguy
This has to be the most terrifying game I have ever played since Amnesia, at first I thought it was going to be a crap game some dude from 4chan tossed together, but it turned out to be much worse... I recorded myself playing the game for the first time, having not seen any gameplay whatsoever prior to playing, although I'm not going to post it here because of the obscene language. You can go to my youtube account, the link is in my signature. Feel free to respond to this thread with your thoughts, perhaps a playthrough video with your reactions.  >A<

Slender download: http://www.parsecproductions.net/games/Slender_v0_9.zip
Alternative download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8dtf8k40gzbapod

Ozzy

But you're the Doom pony Marine! You've been to hell! You shouldn't fear such silly things  ono

HerpyDooves

These videos are awesome! You should make more! :D

Dreadnaught 308

I have seen this game before and trust me its...not that terrifying but its very suspenseful and thats what makes it so scary...the only reason we are all scared of this game is because in our head we know he is there we just can't see him, when you do see him all of the caution you put in looking for him turns into fear and you start going nuts and trying to escape.

here is some advise I will give to those who play this game:

1. DO NOT LOOK AT HIM for a long time even if he is far away 
2. every time you find a note look behind you
3. DO NOT STOP WALKING
4. When you find the 6th note, look on your screen where you haven't looked before. (DO NOT ONLY LOOK NORTH AND SOUTH you have to look in all directions every few seconds)
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Dreadnaught 308 on 2012 Jul 06, 12:34:23
I have seen this game before and trust me its...not that terrifying but its very suspenseful and thats what makes it so scary...the only reason we are all scared of this game is because in our head we know he is there we just can't see him, when you do see him all of the caution you put in looking for him turns into fear and you start going nuts and trying to escape.

here is some advise I will give to those who play this game:

1. DO NOT LOOK AT HIM for a long time even if he is far away 
2. every time you find a note look behind you
3. DO NOT STOP WALKING
4. When you find the 6th note, look on your screen where you haven't looked before. (DO NOT ONLY LOOK NORTH AND SOUTH you have to look in all directions every few seconds)

So basically just glance everywhere constantly and always move?

And why are you trying to find these notes?

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Dreadnaught 308

yep
and I am not sure why you need the notes you just need them to beat the game
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Rissian

2012 Jul 06, 14:44:23 #6 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 06, 15:11:57 by Trege
I have to say when I grabbed the 2nd note the first time and it was right behind me that did freak me out a bit, I quickly looked at it for less then then a second then bolted to the right back into the forest likely using half my stamina bar, as the player started breathing for awhile. (What's creepier is they don't always appear behind you just sometimes they do, when you grab notes, or I was just being stalked without noticing it and turned around in time.)

I've only gotten 4 or 5 notes so far, these monsters are expert stalkers one was even blocking a note and I had to walk in a large circle around the building trying not to look at it then run and grab the note only for it to catch up to me after I entered the open area.

(I swear I hear footsteps in this game that aren't from my character every now and then but that could just be paranoia, and my biggest mistake was entering the bathroom it was like asking to be destroyed by them,  :c since it had few exits)

HerpyDooves

I'm not even attempting to play this, you guys are just lucky I tried notpron lol

Legulus

I was going to force myself to play, and when I clicked the download link and saw that the "service was unavailable", I sighed with relief  =P
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

Doomguy

2012 Jul 06, 15:25:06 #9 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 06, 15:42:27 by Doomguy
Quote from: Legulus on 2012 Jul 06, 14:51:56
I was going to force myself to play, and when I clicked the download link and saw that the "service was unavailable", I sighed with relief  =P
Huh, this game seems to be going along with an old-school creepypasta fad, being hard to find with the sites hosting the game going down. I'll be sure to put the game up on a file sharing site that way you can enjoy the game without this service error nonsense. I will be sure to ruin your slumber tonight. ^-^

Lary

Quote from: Doomguy on 2012 Jul 06, 15:25:06
Huh, this game seems to be going along with an old-school creepypasta fad, being hard to find with the sites hosting the game going down. I'll be sure to put the game up on a file sharing site that way you can enjoy the game without this service error nonsense. I will be sure to ruin your slumber tonight. ^-^

I enjoy a good creepypasta game.

Ah, those good old memories with Lost Silver and Black Version...
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Book Smarts

I just watched the first episode and it was hilarious, especially when you were caught by slenderman on the first try  lol . Not my kind of game to play since I can be a little panicky with horror games   :'(

HerpyDooves

I finished watching someone play Amnesia (21 parts, 15 minutes long, all in one night), I think I'm good for awhile.

Doomguy

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Jul 06, 09:16:34
But you're the Doom pony Marine! You've been to hell! You shouldn't fear such silly things  ono
This thing is more horrifying than any demon from hell.  DD:

Doomguy

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jul 06, 09:37:37
These videos are awesome! You should make more! :D
Subscribe to me and you'll see a lot more content very soon!

Book Smarts

So, you don't see slenderman coming, he just appears in front of you if you stop where you are?

Doomguy

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 07, 21:15:49
So, you don't see slenderman coming, he just appears in front of you if you stop where you are?
No, he just follows you around. If you turn to him, you just see him standing there. It's like SCP 173 in containment breach, the developers didn't bother with a movement animation since you won't see him move.

Dreadnaught 308

so...how is everyone doing with "Slendy"ovO
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Johannes

Quote from: Dreadnaught 308 on 2012 Jul 08, 23:42:53
so...how is everyone doing with "Slendy"ovO

I have downloaded it but I'm too scared to play >.<

Rissian

2012 Jul 08, 23:49:44 #19 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 08, 23:53:05 by Trege
I managed to get 5 or 6 pages then ran out of stamina and he stalked me and eventually caught up to me when I got stuck in a corner....

I'm still unable to beat this game despite following the tips.  ono

(You stalk well slendermen, you stalk well.)

Go Up