Introducing People to the Show?

Started by Lorelai, 2012 Jun 12, 01:32:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lorelai

2012 Jun 12, 01:32:51 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 12, 01:49:01 by Lorelai
Hey everyone. So I was wondering today about how one might go about introducing non-bronies to MLP.

If you guys had to pick a scene from the show to introduce MLP:FiM to a non-brony, perhaps no longer than 2 minutes in length, which one would it be? And if that isn't how you'd introduce the show, what would you do?

GalvinRoe

Put the show on in the background and bring the "person in question" in.

"What the HECK is that you have on there?"

(Keep talking about something else)  The turn and laugh when a funny part comes up.  lol

Honestly if you want someone to watch take a look at the show just plop them down tell them "hey give it a shot" and put on the first episode. Good first episode for alot of people because it has ALOT of action!

Chishio Kunrin

I like to try using season 2 episode 1. Discord made the show even more serious business. Though, whenever a pony has a nervous/mental breakdown, that's pretty serious too. That's not something people usually expect from a kid's show. lol Pinkamena and Tardy Twilight.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

TimeRight

I showed my sister the we are no pushovers comercial. she wanted to see fluttershy tackling the bear so i showed her lesson zero... she a pegisister now! BOO YEAH!
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!
thank you Firefly for the avi

Blues-Music

You should try showing the good fanmade stuff like:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

That will make them wonder why everyone likes to make awesome fan stuff making them think more about the show as a good thing to prepare them for the show.

Xeno Aura

Yeah, been spamming my brother with PMV's for about a week, don't think hes looked at one yet... -_-

Ozzy

I don't introduce people to MLP unless they actually want to be, in which case I'd simply show them the first episode.

Lary

I absolutely hate people that shove their interests down other people's throats, especially when they've already shown zero interest. This show is no exception.

One of my best friends is constantly trying to convert my other best friend. It's pathetic.

If they show interest, fine. Show them Bridle Gossip and Party of One, and then move on with your life.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 12, 08:15:06
I absolutely hate people that shove their interests down other people's throats, especially when they've already shown zero interest. This show is no exception.

One of my best friends is constantly trying to convert my other best friend. It's pathetic.

If they show interest, fine. Show them Bridle Gossip and Party of One, and then move on with your life.

*Shrug* While I was dating this one guy, he found out that I'm a brony ("pegasister" if you insist) and he really didn't get it. I ended up showing him season 2 episode 1, and he actually watched it. However, when he finished, he still had zero interest in the show, so I left the topic alone.

As long as someone isn't dissing the show or the fans with absolutely no real info on it, knocking it before they try it, then I don't mind. But if they are, all I ask is that they give it a try. If they still don't like it after they try it, then fine, it's not their thing, and I understand. Not everyone is going to like MLP:FiM because not everyone in the world likes something. But they don't have the right to bash us for having been open-minded enough to try something like FiM when they haven't even watched it.

Lorelai

2012 Jun 12, 09:43:26 #9 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 12, 09:47:30 by Lorelai
Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 12, 08:15:06

I don't think there's anything wrong with recommending a show to a friend, but I'd agree with you that trying constantly to get somebody into something that they are showing no interest in is pointless and annoying. You don't have to shove it down their throat, though. If I showed someone MLP and they weren't interested, then that would be that.

daswed

I showed that clip to 2 of my friends, they now watch the show.

Chishio Kunrin

Yeeees. Show them Tardy Twilight. ^-^ I.. really.. like.. her... maaaaannnnne.

The Wandering Magus

Lesson zero.  They get turned off by uber-saccharine s1e1p1 and usually can't make it to p2.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

snarfgsnor

s2e1&2 becuase thoose are the best episodes if you like random and sense-less things ^-^

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Blues-Music

I agree with no nagging them to watch it ruins the name bronies ,and I keep seeing comments on youtube videos about people only hating the show because some of us don't let them have their opinions.

HerpyDooves

Honestly, I shoved the show down my brother's throat, he HATED it at first and we barely watched the first two episodes. About 2 months later, like a couple days ago actually, we watched Party of One together, due to what episodes he watches, I think he likes Pinkie Pie and Rarity the most.

Blues-Music

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jun 13, 06:20:39
Honestly, I shoved the show down my brother's throat, he HATED it at first and we barely watched the first two episodes. About 2 months later, like a couple days ago actually, we watched Party of One together, due to what episodes he watches, I think he likes Pinkie Pie and Rarity the most.
You shouldn't do that when we shove our opinions down their throats they decide to transform into trolls.

Nala Valor

For what I did, you need 10$.

You start by chalenging him to watch the first two episode of season 1. Tell him that to be sure he watched it, you will ask some question. He accept, watch it and then, he strangely finds something interesting to the show. He answer your question, with a chance of hidding if he liked it or not. He have a chance to watch the following episode and voila! You got yourself a brony!

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Jun 13, 09:29:29
For what I did, you need 10$.

You start by chalenging him to watch the first two episode of season 1. Tell him that to be sure he watched it, you will ask some question. He accept, watch it and then, he strangely finds something interesting to the show. He answer your question, with a chance of hidding if he liked it or not. He have a chance to watch the following episode and voila! You got yourself a brony!

genius! best method ever, haha i liked it :3
why havent anyone came up with this before?  lol

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Xeno Aura

Go Up