Forced Listening Thread

Started by Explolguy, 2012 Jun 09, 14:46:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

cloudandis

Interesting tune, but despite the nice swing it has, the song's tuen seemed to feel almost tired after a certain amount of time. That's not always a bad thing, but in particular it felt like it was... well, drawling.

However, what I did enjoy was the harmony in their voices when they sang. It brought out a good vibration for the beat. And I can see this song being used in a  movie at some point, but more for a traveling scene. It's nice to try something new as well, as I don't commonly listen to this kind of music. But what caught my attention most, is that listening to the lyrics more carefully allows you to hear a story. Some people brush this off and just listen to the drawl side of it. Over all, I think the selection deserves a good 7/10.

Vinyl light

I like it, it has like this really deep emotional aura.

7/10

As for this song i highly recommend the next person to listen to it while laying down in the bed with your eyes closed and let your imagination flow along with the song. ^-^

StaticBoom

Wow, I found that quite soothing. It's not my genre of music of course', since I usually listen to the heaviest and the fastest metal   :3. But I did actually enjoy it, and I followed your instructions Vinyl Light and imagined far and wide. Bonus: I actually listened again when I was done. I guess I need a break from the metal once and a while  lol

I couldn't think of a song for a while, then I remembered this one. It was my late girlfriends favorite song and I thought I'd share it  ^-^
Hold On Till May by Pierce The Veil

My OC list
[move][IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/f57n7d.gif[/img][/move]

I'm too metal for this.

AaronMk

Been looking for something like this, so excuse me for the Necro.

"Meh" No.

Song didn't excite me too much and just sort of smells of the sort of teen generation that isn't my own.

So, let's conduire à Detroit for some Lafayette Blues by the White Stripes.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

S_Realm

2014 Apr 28, 23:10:51 #104 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 28, 23:13:31 by S_Realm
Well, just so you don't look awkward I'll necro with you.

This is not a genre I'm much of a fan of. That being said I do listen to all songs all the way through before saying anything.
To me the song was nice, to someone who enjoys this type of music it probably sounds great. Unfortunately I cannot relate to this song and I wasn't even sure if all the lyrics were in a language I know but from a purely musical standpoint I'll put it in the well-made category. Just happens to be something I don't enjoy, sorry if you were hoping for a more connected critique. :P

There really isn't enough obscure genre's in this thread. So much mainstream electronic here everywhiururrrrr thooughhjh omghurrrrr
ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO ovO

Joey Negro & The Sunburst Band - I'll Be There 4 You (Spiritchaser Remix)

I strongly recommend you not listen to this if you can't sit through a 7 minute house song. I don't want someone to torture themselves if they truly can't sit through something like that. >.<

AaronMk

It's not something I'd listen to. So leaning on the "no, but thanks." side of "meh".

To me, it was just sort of repetitive. Certainly it'd be something I'd listen to for the sake of ambiance. But if I wasn't doing anything else and could/would pay attention to the music I'd get done with it pretty quick.

Now, lemme tred on some sticks with some classic Brooklyn Folk revolution: Dave Van Ronk - Hang Me, oh Hang Me.

iiAzoth

2014 Apr 29, 14:47:05 #106 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 29, 14:49:43 by iiAzoth
The soft tones and vocals carry the lyrics with a gentle sadness and melodrama. I like the absence of other sound; its only his guitar and his singing which makes it feel much more lonely which carries this song well. It's sad though, it gives the feeling of absolutely giving up and letting go.

(dont know why it wont just preview the video on the page im a forum noob)

AaronMk

I did rather enjoy this. It has a nice theatric touch, and it would compliment one of my YouTube playlists I use for writing.

And back to something old, bluesy, and folkic. Ry Cooder - Boomer's Story

dr.induction

2014 May 15, 22:56:01 #108 Last Edit: 2014 May 15, 23:05:39 by dr.induction
Sounds very familiar, downloading it. One of those old tunes that resonate with people.

Hopefully this won't make your ears bleed too bad http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IIIWIVThBJM

Post Merge

(Michael Nyman - An Eye for Optical Theory)

AaronMk

That was actually better than you advertised. I was expecting bass dropped so hard it breaks the floor, or someone belching loud into a microphone. But what I get is a sort of top-tapping New York Swing Jazz.

I'll certainly have to like it, and maybe consider it for tossing it up onto my favorite's list.

So now I answer Big Apple with Big Easy, because I have the crawling feeling I should return to NOLA still.

Basin Street Blues by Dr John (covering Louis Armstrong)

dr.induction

Overall pretty cool, not something id normally listen too but that's the beauty in this thread. i wasn't too excited about the intro but overall pretty good especially for a cover.. If it came up on the radio i wouldn't shut it off..

Let's go to Australia; Outback - Air Play, http://youtu.be/455wX991b8w

AaronMk

dr.induction

2014 May 18, 12:08:58 #112 Last Edit: 2014 May 18, 12:13:28 by dr.induction
Ive been into CCR before i was born, my father plays many of there songs. but that my friend is amazing, no instruments and only vocals is always deep. I actually got goosebumps from that one.

eh why not;

AaronMk

I think I finally fell on the "meh" side of the track of something. As much respect as I can have for Whose Line, it wasn't that great for me.

So here's The Black Crowes covering Ry Cooder

dr.induction

Wow what a great cover!!, just great.

newer stuff http://youtu.be/8klxy2kehKA

AaronMk

It was alright.

And then country music goes metadimensional. Turtles all the way down.

Chromastone64

A really good song! The guitar was so catchy. Lyrics confused me a bit though.
Nobuo Uematsu - Answers
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

AaronMk

I couldn't last that long. I got to the non-operative singing and I decided I was done. After all, I got better songs to listen to.

The Grey Funeral Line by Jolie Holland

Go Up