Underlying Implications

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Jun 06, 21:36:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

Getting back to more traditional implications:

The reason the Apple family relied so much on Zap Apple profits this year? Discord ruined this year's crops.  Corn gone, fields tunneled, flooded with chocolate milk, swarming with pests, apples gone.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Book Smarts

Oh I know one,

If just one of the mane 6 didn't see or hear of the sonic rain boom, nightmare moon would've taken over all of Equestria

Alesti

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 14, 11:24:31
the entire world is a hallucination of Twilight's, who is in a coma, and the Six are different parts of her subconscious ovO

I'd think if anyone would be hallucinating the whole thing, it'd be Pinkie Pie.  lol
For every choice, there is a consequence. However, doing nothing will lead to an even worse consequence.

The Wandering Magus

Discord is still around, and is secretly controlling everything!
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 14, 22:04:59
Oh I know one,

If just one of the mane 6 didn't see or hear of the sonic rain boom, nightmare moon would've taken over all of Equestria

The lack of sun would kill plants, therefore Equestria would die.

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 14, 23:03:22

He is a necessary chaos.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 15, 22:17:31
Oh I know one,

He is a necessary chaos.
there once were more alicorns and more draconequi.  Guess what happened to them. ovO

Zbizo

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 15, 22:56:52there once were more alicorns and more draconequi.  Guess what happened to them. ovO

One of them was probably transferred to challenging, we don't know anything about other lost alicorns

snarfgsnor

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 15, 22:56:52
Oh I know one,

He is a necessary chaos.
there once were more alicorns and more draconequi.  Guess what happened to them. ovO

it was a war that broke out and Discord, Luna and Celestia are the only survivers. but the alicorns won the war at the end and turned Discord into stone. and Luna and Celestia got declared princesses of Equestria since they won.

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 16, 07:29:37
Oh I know one,

He is a necessary chaos.

it was a war that broke out and Discord, Luna and Celestia are the only survivers. but the alicorns won the war at the end and turned Discord into stone. and Luna and Celestia got declared princesses of Equestria since they won.
Actually, Discord won first and took over the world, causing suffering throughout the world and forcing Celestia and Luna to retreat to the Forest Forever-Free and build the Castle of the Royal Sisters while unicorns took refuge in the tunnels under Canterlot Mountain.  Then the two Sisters rose up and used the Elements of Harmony together to finally turn Discord to stone.  The world, however, was still decimated from the reign of Discord, and for a while there were only three clans, constantly at war.  This brought about an endless winter as their feuds fed the Windigoes.  Eventually, the starvation killed off almost all the combatant ponies, forcing the remaining few to ally with one another, inadvertently creating the Fires of Friendship.  By the time they could leave the caves to which they retreated, there weren't enough unicorns to raise the sun, and so they called upon Celestia and Luna to lead them.  The Sisters have been leading ever since.

how's THAT for backstory? ovO

snarfgsnor

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 16, 11:45:20
Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 16, 07:29:37
Oh I know one,

He is a necessary chaos.

Actually, Discord won first and took over the world, causing suffering throughout the world and forcing Celestia and Luna to retreat to the Forest Forever-Free and build the Castle of the Royal Sisters while unicorns took refuge in the tunnels under Canterlot Mountain.  Then the two Sisters rose up and used the Elements of Harmony together to finally turn Discord to stone.  The world, however, was still decimated from the reign of Discord, and for a while there were only three clans, constantly at war.  This brought about an endless winter as their feuds fed the Windigoes.  Eventually, the starvation killed off almost all the combatant ponies, forcing the remaining few to ally with one another, inadvertently creating the Fires of Friendship.  By the time they could leave the caves to which they retreated, there weren't enough unicorns to raise the sun, and so they called upon Celestia and Luna to lead them.  The Sisters have been leading ever since.

how's THAT for backstory? ovO

i... just love it  o_o

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

The Wandering Magus

something awesome I read elsewhere:

They came from nowhere. At first I thought it was just a wind.
Or a new unicorn student flexing his magic muscle. Not of grand note.
However the tempo of the inequine howling had too distinct a pattern to it.
Then came the first time I saw them.
I believed them to be ghosts. Carrying their last memory of freezing to death.
But there was nothing equine of these spirits except their appearance.
Their cries will haunt my nightmares till the end of my days.

I don't know why they came to my settlement of all place. A few extra bright unicorns including myself.
But nothing of true meaning.

The first I saw them was an argument between two Earth ponies about charging the absurd prices they did to unicorns and pegasi to fellow Earth ponies.

I saw them again when an Earth pony riot broke when a mother unicorn was beaten to death and Pegasi swoop down to bring order in the most brutal of fashions. The storm became so horrid that the pegasi could not fly least their wings froze over, leaving them easier prey for the earth pony rioters. As her blood was left to freeze in the streets I noticed an Earth pony besides her with the same coloring as the foal in her forelegs. Mixed blood? Still I took pity on the small creature she held.

I only later realized the 'spirits' dispersed when I chose to take her foal as my own.

My town is isolated. Even rumor does not travel swift to and from here. I still fail to realize why they come here of all places.

My one colleague who would listen to me suggested they arrived on the shooting star several month previous. Such nonsense.

They came again, this time when a heated debate between two mages on whether Earth ponies had magic of their own. They were alone in the room when I left. When I came back, they were frozen solid, and those spirits were there, but quickly left. Their manner suggested indifference rather than fear.

Experimentation was needed. They haunt the very boarders of the town now. They are becoming less of a ghost story and more a cause for fear among my fellows and the earth pony workers and the pegasi enforcers.

An Earth screamed out at the top of his lungs that he wished all the unicorns and pegasi were dead before the pegasi descended on him. The ice storm had picked up again in minutes.

I have chosen not to inform Clover of her diluted blood. I see no reason why she need be burdened. In spite of her disability she has surpassed most of her peers. Incredible. I must review notes on other unicorns of diluted blood to see if this has happened before.

Spring. Summer. Autumn. It doesn't matter when, the ice storm comes repeatedly and more frequently.

The storm is not letting up this time and it grows progressive worse. The filly, Clover (I found the name on her blanket), was scared to leave the only home she's known, but I fear if I stay longer my research will be pointless and I might as well have not saved her from freezing to death in her mother's arms.

Shows of power are less and less effective at keeping the earth pony workers in line. And the other mages have turned paranoid of their own earth pony assistants and servers. I am thankful to have Clover.

'They scream 'freedom or death' others 'freedom and death to the horned and feathered monsters.' Their howls are joined by the creature. As if in a dream, many do not seem to notice their fellows being turned to prisoners of impossibly swift growing ice.

I took Clover and abandoned the mage refuge. I considered telling my fellows to do the same, but considering they were shouting 'defend our knowledge to the death and death to any who abandon their defense' I thought it more prudent to simply teleport away.

We had no pursuers. The regular merchants in the nearest towns have returned with tales of mounds of frozen corpses. And no sign of Them.'

Clover seems to have blocked out the memories of her life before coming to this new town with me. Perhaps she is better for it.

The unicorn king's court magician has died of old age and failed to train an apprentice. I need more resources for my research. I will not miss this chance. And should I pass on before my research is complete, I need to make sure Clover is in a position where she will be able to continue it.

I now have had time to think. The cold they produce. Are they spirits of winter? But would there not being spirits of spring, summer, and fall as well that should've driven them away? But I can still only think that winter is these spirits' natural state.

They seek out hatred, do they feed off it? Fighting as well? It is possible. Though it is hard to tell since I could not find one without the other anyway.

The intensity of the riots I see now looking over my own notes was directly related to the intensity of the storm. Does the amount of cold they produce relate directly to the amount of hate they feed off of? It also appears that the closer I became to Clover, the less I cared about her diluted blood, the more I became, not invisible, but less interesting I became to the creatures. This adds to my above theory.

It is in the wind they go. So I shall call them 'Windigos.'

-- Excerpts from the journal of Starswirl the Bearded

Vick McBread

We like is how Pinkie Pie is almost completely oblivious to insults even when said harshly HOWEVER! Then When you try to avoid her (for various reasons) She feels "Betrayed" and becomes "Ruthless."
Now, just for giggles We have the same propertys. We feel/are "Betrayed" We become "Ruthless." So We can really relate to Pinkie Pie HOWEVER Rainbow Dash is our favorite which is quite odd because if We met her in real life We'd most likely not like her for being arrogant. Odd, right. Has this happened to you?
Yes, yes We are bending the rules but it still fits in right We've read all your post and you all sound like George Carlin.
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Jun 16, 13:40:06
We like is how Pinkie Pie is almost completely oblivious to insults even when said harshly HOWEVER! Then When you try to avoid her (for various reasons) She feels "Betrayed" and becomes "Ruthless."
Now, just for giggles We have the same propertys. We feel/are "Betrayed" We become "Ruthless." So We can really relate to Pinkie Pie HOWEVER Rainbow Dash is our favorite which is quite odd because if We met her in real life We'd most likely not like her for being arrogant. Odd, right. Has this happened to you?
Yes, yes We are bending the rules but it still fits in right We've read all your post and you all sound like George Carlin.
not sure if should report or not  :/

On-topic: Pinkie seems to have a split personality disorder of some sort, maybe the tiniest bit of autism, and quite a bit of ADHD.

Midnight Star

Ponyvill hospital is also an institution for mentally ill patients!

in Read it and weep, Rainbow is chased by a security guard, a doctor, a nurse and.. a mentally ill patient? This blue pony, with a screw (get it?) as a cutiemark barks like a dog, and is afterwards told to "get back to the hospital!"

Conclusion? Ponies are well aware of insanity, and have institutions to treat(?) it... This is somewhat a reeeally creepy thought, since it's supposed to be a kids show  :I

Tiger

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 16, 13:48:28
On-topic: Pinkie seems to have a split personality disorder of some sort, maybe the tiniest bit of autism, and quite a bit of ADHD.

Autism? Those that have it are REALLY not social, unlike Pinkie  :/
I might be autistic, but probably not that much.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jun 18, 09:24:12
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 16, 13:48:28

Autism? Those that have it are REALLY not social, unlike Pinkie  :/
I might be autistic, but probably not that much.
can't read social cues.  See cdd.

Zygrograxgra

Equestria is a Vault-Tec Vault Experiment gone wrong, and in the center of the Everfree Forest is the way out to the surface of AMERICA.
Luna, Celestia, and Discord are the three Overseers, and the vault's purpose was to test how humans would react to being turned into ponies and stuck into a drastically different world, with no apparent way out.
Discuss the probability.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jun 18, 19:20:37
Equestria is a Vault-Tec Vault Experiment gone wrong, and in the center of the Everfree Forest is the way out to the surface of AMERICA.
Luna, Celestia, and Discord are the three Overseers, and the vault's purpose was to test how humans would react to being turned into ponies and stuck into a drastically different world, with no apparent way out.
Discuss the probability.

Makes me want to be a subject.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 18, 19:21:41
Discuss the probability.

me2

and they seem cheerful enough.

snarfgsnor

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 18, 19:47:57
Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 18, 19:21:41
Discuss the probability.

me2

and they seem cheerful enough.

as long as i wont suffer from experiments gone wrong ovO

Go Up