2017 Jun 27, 11:42:03

Author Topic: About health regeneration  (Read 250 times)

About health regeneration
« on: 2016 Dec 25, 12:27:49 »
I always found games that have health regeneration... sort of cheap. Why do this? It can be abused a lot. Rather why not make it so food items and healing items as well as healers
become relevant and important for once instead of having health regeneration. This would also create a lot more immersion and make players be more cautious about what decisions they make and keep them on their toes amidst the challenge of losing health too fast.

I feel like food items should become more relevant and be usable out of combat to heal up your health but there's a bit of time of eating it down.
As for the blue bar (energy/magic?) I suppose it should regenerate but at a slow pace and require certain equipment to help boost it's speed of regenerating or something.

Re: About health regeneration
« Reply #1 on: 2016 Dec 26, 14:01:51 »
I always found games that have health regeneration... sort of cheap. Why do this? It can be abused a lot. Rather why not make it so food items and healing items as well as healers
become relevant and important for once instead of having health regeneration. This would also create a lot more immersion and make players be more cautious about what decisions they make and keep them on their toes amidst the challenge of losing health too fast.

I feel like food items should become more relevant and be usable out of combat to heal up your health but there's a bit of time of eating it down.
As for the blue bar (energy/magic?) I suppose it should regenerate but at a slow pace and require certain equipment to help boost it's speed of regenerating or something.

From my experience on other games and MMORPGs with health regeneration, it's all about survival. If you and/or the party member dies, they have to come back to the spot or area where the party is if there's no revive spell (or magic). Higher Health means more survival and sometimes Regeneration rate can increase too. If the regeneration can't keep up with the health, you can always use potions and food to regain back some health depending on how much they will recover your health.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbyShy