2017 Apr 27, 20:30:11

Author Topic: Virtual Reality  (Read 376 times)

Virtual Reality
« on: 2016 Nov 08, 10:47:36 »
Since Unity is baking VR into its code, would it be possible to see support for head mounted displays in Legends of Equestria? I've been using the HTC Vive for several months now and am currently taking some mlp environments and importing them into a VR app called Destinations. (I would so take a stroll around ponyville or chill out in fluttershy's cottage) . Actually playing a game in these VR environments would be amazing :)
« Last Edit: 2016 Nov 08, 10:55:11 by Guard120 »

Offline PrincessButton

• HR Leader
  • The user formerly known as "Pinkie Pie"
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Reality
« Reply #1 on: 2016 Nov 08, 11:57:07 »
Hello Gaurd120,

As it stands right now, it's unlikely that you will see support for VR in Legends of Equestria.  We are working hard on the game an putting all of our resources into developing it, but unfortunately at this stage virtual reality support is not a priority.  Maybe one day!  :]
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

« Reply #2 on: 2016 Nov 08, 21:04:28 »
Sounds good. I would rather see the game built and solid first, since that wasn't an instant dismissal, that means there is hope! :D

« Reply #3 on: 2016 Dec 06, 19:31:46 »
Hello Gaurd120,

As it stands right now, it's unlikely that you will see support for VR in Legends of Equestria.  We are working hard on the game an putting all of our resources into developing it, but unfortunately at this stage virtual reality support is not a priority.  Maybe one day!  :]
I agree with Gaurd120's response to your comments. As much as I would love to see this supported by the Vive, I would much rather see this game working solid, as intended first.

As for VR. As I have found out, making a game compatible with something like the android VR or Gear VR does take some workarounds. It is not as strait forward as a click of a button, and then you got you game running in VR. But it is almost that easy.

Many a PCs have to be upgraded for it anyways for it to work good. Mine can't run the Vive. But I am developing for the Gear VR, with some simple projects. No need to have a VR ready PC for that.