Greetings everypony.

Started by Crystal Glitter, 2016 Jul 31, 15:27:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Crystal Glitter

2016 Jul 31, 15:27:34 Last Edit: 2016 Aug 16, 14:41:50 by Crystal Glitter
Hello. My name is Crystal Glitter, star pupil and future fiance of King Sombra, true ruler of The Crystal Empire.

Although I am (now) an Alicorn, I have recently discovered that I can only choose one type of pony for when I create my "character". I am pretty much completely new to this "community", so I have had to come with a request to all of you here on what kind of pony would be best for a beginner.

One thing you should know, however, is that I do not want to be an Earth Pony. It has to be either a Pegasus or a Unicorn.

So just simply state which one I should go with and the reasons why. The pony type that has the most favors and good reasons will be my choice.

I thank you for your assistance and wish you all a pleasant morning/afternoon/evening.

NightMoonMare

Good evening Crystal Glitter, I can't really suggest a starter pony, but my first was a Pegasus because it was easier to get around. However I struggled with the control at first, so maybe it's not the best one to try for a new player! I hope you settle here well though~  ^-^

Ryo_D_Disk

Greetings and welcome to the forums and to LoE. Please check out the rules explore and have fun. There's lots to see and do and all the time in equestria to see it, there's Arts, Videos, Stories, Singers RP'ers and more so join us, in the madness my friend  ^-^

Proudy Hooves

Hello and welcome to the LoE Community! Enjoy your stay there!
There you can show yourself as a classy writer, creative artmaker, clever role-player or a cheerful and talkative fun-bringer like Pinkie Pie! And even more...
If you want to play LoE then hurry up, download the game client and go play the game until the last hours of server test!
Now you just can look at forums and do anything you wish! But don't forgot to read and obey the rules there!
Good luck, mate!
Your friendly casual-ish russian-speakin' brony.
Russian LoE Veteran, being around since 2013+!
|Mint Kingdom proud member| |Team La-Vo-Chka!~|
#12YearsOfMLPFIM #BoopOuttaNowhere #ThankYouG4MLP

FlashWing

OldenEmpire

Hello Crystal, and welcome to the community. I admit I am also new to these 'forums', though it doesn't look too daunting. As for a starting character while I admit a pegasus seems like a good choice to get used to maneuvering in three dimensions, I would instead suggest a unicorn.

Being as landbound as a unicorns are, you can and will get better at noticing things and understanding obstacles that block the paths of others, something that might be missed while zipping over the landscape, something that your subjects might appreciate later. Also while you are a unicorn you can start learning magic right away, while if you gained your horn later you would be behind others that started with a horn.
What is the strongest weapon of ponykind? The Elements of Harmony? No! The Princesses? No! The cannon? The spear? The horn? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all!

Crystal Glitter

2016 Aug 02, 14:44:20 #6 Last Edit: 2016 Aug 02, 14:48:20 by Crystal Glitter
Those are some good points, OldenEmpire.

I have been told that being a Pegasus makes things easier for traveling and such, but it does seem that a Unicorn would be the more favorable option. After all, I eventually had come to realize that magic can prove to be just as useful and effective for getting around as owning a pair of wings. Not only that, it can make one's life easier for creating and casting spells for whatever purpose they desire, whether it be experimental, simple entertainment, maybe even ummm........ "competitive".

That is, if the right situation calls for it.

Nonetheless, very good reasons indeed. Your assistance is appreciated, young one.

However, I still wish to see and hear any other's opinion's on the matter, if there are any. But worry not, yours will continue to be taken into consideration.

FeverishPegasus

What is this 'happiness' others speak of

Crystal Glitter

I am sorry, FeverishPegasus, but in case you did not notice I have previously stated that Earth Pony is not to be one of my choices.

My character has to be either a Unicorn or a Pegasus, along with an explanation for why that type of pony should be my choice.

So far I have 1 vote for Unicorn, and the pony that has made that vote has told me their reasons why.

You say I should go for an Earth Pony (despite me saying otherwise), yet you have not even given me a single explanation for why said type should be my choice. So unless you can find a good reason for why I should make my character an Earth Pony, I am afraid that your former choice will have to be unaccounted for and I advise you to have it be taken under revision.

Thank you and have a good day/afternoon/evening.

Weremetalwolf

Welcome to the forum my new friend! Remember to take a look at the Forum Rules to keep yourself up to date. Hope to see another active member of the forum around and I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends. But most of all, remember to HAVE FUUUN!! :D
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

Go Up