2017 Jun 28, 13:34:13

Author Topic: Suggestion: reduce skill points  (Read 267 times)

Offline Cogsworth Wingthrop

• Old enough to know better, to young to care.
    • View Profile
Suggestion: reduce skill points
« on: 2016 Jul 31, 08:45:01 »
Maybe they were giving out all the skill points to ensure the skills got tested, but it was to much.

I think if instead of getting points in each category, a player got so many points they could put in whichever category they want. This would mean players would have to chose if they are going to master 2 or 3 categories or dabble in all.

This would also encourage player to team up with others with different skill sets.
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

Offline McClaw

• Editor
  • Aerial surveying griffon extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: reduce skill points
« Reply #1 on: 2016 Aug 01, 09:31:27 »
I'm not privy to the details or even the general plans, but I suspect that the current XP and maybe TP rewards are both larger and more general than will exist in the "final" full release version.

If nothing else it would make more sense for XP to be awarded selectively based on what a pony does (either through actions or the choices during a quest) and TP begin awarded for levels in a talent (much as they are now, but the XP is awarded broadly). Want to improve your magic? Combat? Partying? Do quests and actions that use that talent.
Watch for "Census Taker", the "Snark" ponies, and "Carrot Messenger".