2017 Jun 28, 20:22:40

Author Topic: Hide & Seek Events in Canterlot/Ponyville VI: The Return..... with a VENGEANCE!  (Read 1719 times)

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
  • LoE veteran, playing since July 7th 2013!
    • View Profile
Scootaloo is here again, everypony! After the last OSW and the failed attempt to hold Hide & Seek events there, she is back with more Hide & Seek-y goodness for everypony to participate in! And she does it with VENGEANCE, because she will take revenge on the slow and lazy Internet provider and the terrible Internet connection at McHayburger that made playing Hide & Seek impossible the last time, by holding Hide & Seek events that will be even more epic than the first five ones and will let her rise to greater heights than ever before! 0:)
And this can't be achieved by wasting time, so have the details of the event, everypony:

What: Playing Hide & Seek and finding partners to do so

Where: Train Station in Canterlot

When: Friday and Saturday at 08:00 PM EST, Sunday at 12:00 PM EST

And the first Hide & Seek event of this weekend is over! It was a tremendous success, with more than ten ponies having showed up to play with Scootaloo and thirteen rounds in total!
Thanks for coming, everypony, and don't miss the next one tomorrow! 0:)

We just finished the second Hide & Seek event! Thirteen rounds this time and we played for almost four hours!
Even Scoots got to hide at the end! 0:)
The third and last one is happening tomorrow, 12:00 PM EST, so get your lunch early if you want to drop by! 0:)

Scootaloo will start every event in Canterlot at the train station where the first rounds will be held, as Canterlot is the birthplace of the idea to play Hide & Seek in Legends of Equestria, and later, we will switch locations to Ponyville for even more exciting hiding places!

As like with every Hide & Seek event Scootaloo holds, the train station in Canterlot is also a permanent meeting point for eager Hide & Seek players again! If there's currently no event, but you want to find some Hide & Seek players for a few spontaneous rounds, head to the Canterlot train station to meet willing players!

The server for the events will be, until further notice, Griffonia Europonia, as it has often proved itself to be the most stable one. If the server should not work, I will move the event to another one. Keep an eye on this thread for updates!
The meeting point is independent of servers, though, no matter on which server you play on, the Canterlot train station will be a place for meeting fellow players everywhere!

And that is all! You now have all the infos you need to attend Scootaloo's next round of Hide & Seek events and– WAIT! There is one more thing this time:

In the last Hide & Seek event, I had to announce that the player numbers have to be limited to ten players per event, first come, first serve.
THIS IS NOW SUSPENDED!
Last year in August, I was overwhelmed when I saw how many ponies attended and how popular Scoots' events had become and I was simply not prepared to host an event with so many ponies. This made it necessary for me to apply restrictions and limitations to not collapse under the organization so many players needed.
But in the nearly a year that has passed since then, I've gotten accustomed to the imagination of having to keep track of such a high number of Hide & Seek players and so all those restrictions don't apply anymore!
So, come on, come all, to any future Hide & Seek events, no matter if we end up with 10, 20, 30 or 100 ponies!
Depending on the number of attendees, there might be changes in the structure and rules of the event, as every location can only handle so many players without making the finding of the hiders too easy, but overall, there will be no restrictions for players numbers again!

But that's it for real now! Come well prepared, come with joy and with passion, to meet Scootaloo and play some thrilling rounds of Hide & Seek with her!
She can't await your attendance, see you all on Friday, ponies! 0:)

The first event started and as it is tradition, we began our game in Canterlot.....

The first group of attendees.....

Dawnshy, Spicy Flow, Metronome, Spectra Dust, Blue Cloud, Witching Hour, Ginger Paws, Zahara Stars, Midnight Hush, Jet Black, Meteor Sprint and Cherry Sweet joined Scootaloo for the start of the event and got in line accordingly.
Aside from Witching Hour, who was still busy plotting her world domination in the background:

The first round happened and of course, Hush had to reach for the stars

Nopony found her up there and even when Scoots came for a photo, she had to dance on the roof to signify her position:

After Scoots had made a picture of her in her hard to find hideout, we went onwards to Round 2.....

Dawnshy was chosen to hide in Round 2 and was "found" rather quickly by Zahara Stars

No, Zahara, you didn't actually find her. It was just a server relocation. Give back that medal:

We repeated the round and Ginger Paws found Dawnshy in her hideout, that was in front of everypony's eyes and yet hidden, and everypony came to check out her hiding spot:

Don't give me these looks, Zahara. Ginger Paws is the real winner of the round.
Meanwhile, Cherry Sweet was busy sharing anecdotes about her uber hiding skillzz.....

Only one pony was predestined to find Ginger Paws in Round 3

Hush demonstrated her own skillzz, in climbing this time, and traced Ginger Paws in her hideout:

Then Spectra Dust became jealous of the good spot, indicated by the glares she was giving Ginger.

A short break before Round 4

We took a little break before we started with Round 4. Scootaloo used the time to make Cherry Sweet realize that nopony leaves her dystopian paradise where everypony is happy hide and seek games:

Hush gets another chance to hide.....

Zahara Stars: Can I just be declared winner of this round?
Scoots: No.

[/size][/color]

Hush was found by Spectra and we celebrated her achievement with candy showers before returning to the train station:

And we continued celebrating before Round 5

Some ponies even died, so hard did we party:

Spectra Dust went into hiding next

She was found by Zahara Stars while cooling off from the party before:

We waited for everypony to return at the train station.....

.....while Witching Hour was busy giving advice on how to use your attacks efficiently to conquer Equestria. But Zahara Stars and Spectra Dust just let it rain candy all the time until Witching gave up in frustration:

We continued without Blue Cloud and Spicy Flow who had mysteriously vanished, but Gaming Analysis and Gloom plus had joined earlier, so the size of our group remained consistent:

Ginger Paws strikes again!

Everypony thought Zahara Stars would win, but then Ginger Paws found her close to the end of the round:

Moving Locations

After Round 6, we moved the game to Ponyville based on an overwhelming amount of votes for it:

Arrival in Ponyville

Round 7 happened

And while searching, Scootaloo pondered if the water in the well was a lie too, because Ginger Paws had given her ideas:

Of course this was just a strategy to distract the seekers, but it did not work and Cherry Sweet found her:

A new player joined.....

Libra joined our team after Round 7:

Round 8 had Cherry Sweet hiding

And she chose to beat around the bush until Spectra found her:

An early group picture

Blue did return for Round 8, but he had to leave again and so had Witching Hour and Ginger Paws, so we made an early group photo in front of the schoolhouse:

A relocation happened before the last round

And Scootaloo got really mad about it for a moment:

A last winner

In the last round, Spectra Dust managed it to not be found and won the final round of the event:

After this, the first Hide & Seek event was over. A last round of dancing at the train station, then we departed and went our ways.....

And that was it for the first event! If you want to relive the moments, check out these videos:

Hide & Seek Event #1 Videos

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUJV-BFd8bk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUJV-BFd8bk</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oef6sCdDtww" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oef6sCdDtww</a>

The second event started out slow when only four ponies came.....

Waiting for more players

It was pretty cold too, but we huddled up with our lanterns while waiting for more players to come:

..... but ten minutes later, a respectable number of eight players had arrived!

Blue Cloud, Cherry Sweet, Libra and Meteor Sprint returned after the fun they had during the first event; Doctor Invy, DJ Knockout, Caramel Strudel and caramel owl joined as new players. We didn't lose any time and started, choosing Libra as the hider:

And Libra went watching birds in the trees.....

.....where she was quickly found by Doctor Invy just after a few minutes:

We quickly continued after this short round

It had become night by now and Doctor Invy thought nopony would see him if he hides in front of a house whose residents were out for the night. But Blue Cloud found him anyway:

Blue Cloud hid in Round 3

But Scoots was more busy with explaining the rules again than with searching, because a new player had joined with Red Cherry:

All she could do was visiting Blue Cloud in his hideout after he was not found and proved that he had learned well from his master Sugar Rush:

One player gone and one player back

After Round 3, caramel owl had to leave, but Midnight Hush joined our ranks again. We were surprised about her late arrival, but maybe she wanted to wait until it was night:

Blue Cloud chose Libra as the next hider

This time, Libra went to watch fish. But again, she was quickly found, this time by Meteor Sprint:

Maybe you should stop watching animals while hiding, Libra. It makes you inattentive.

Round #5

And Meteor Sprint went to watch..... nothing, because there was no life in the hideout he chose (microscopic life does not count):

He also remained the only lifeform there until Scoots came for a picture because nopony had found him.

A surprise visit by Commander Moon

After the fifth round, Commander Moon came to us. Turned out our hide and seek game had gotten the attention of the royal guard and they sent somepony to check us out:

She was fine with our event as she saw that we were just peacefully playing and not disturbing any citizens. Though we all felt a little uneasy after her check-up anyway, so it was decided to move to Ponyville!

Arrival in Ponyville

We arrived in Ponyville. Sadly, we lost Caramel Strudel and Doctor Invy on our way, but three new players joined as well!
And the local guard found us too, making us realize how efficient the communication system between the guards of Equestria is:

But this time we stayed, not letting our fun getting spoiled by overprotective guards, and a new, fun round ensued!

Aurora Gem was chosen as the hider for Round 6

But Midnight Hush did not leave her any chance and found her chilling on a balcony after just two minutes:

Everypony was prepared for a very hard Round 7

But Hush was surprisingly easy to find this time, Meteor Sprint only needed four minutes:

caramel owl and Libra took a little break, but the rest of us continued with Round 8

Meteor Sprint was the next to hide:

And it turned out he is a ninja, because he was hidden in plain sight and yet nopony could find him until the literally last second:

After Round 8.....

The topic of Midnight Hush's abilities came up and we were discussing them:

After this, Blue Cloud had to leave.....

We showered him in candy for goodbye, then continued with the next round:

Metronome got to hide.....

.....and then it was Meteor Sprint who found him nine minutes into the round, which secured him his third chance to hide!

We kicked off Round 10 when.....

.....Cherry Sweet had to leave us, sadly.

During Round 10, Scootaloo had an interesting encounter.....

Book-infested book horses!

Meteor Sprint was not found.....

Once more he prove his ninja skills with a simple, but effective hideout:

Our team had shrunken greatly in the meanwhile, after more players had to leave

But we continued with another round. Meteor Sprint generously chose Scoots as the next hider of the event:

Scootaloo went off and found a very good hideout

But she had to scramble to reach it:

And she was never found, only the night guard came to stalk her:

Proudly, she announced her victory:

A victory dance at the train station.....

.....then the last round happened.

Metronome went into hiding for Round 12 and, lucky him, nopony found him! It was only left for Scoots to go to him and make a picture of him in his hideout:

A last group picture before our departure.....

Then the event ended. caramel owl returned surprisingly and we went for a group picture to the schoolhouse to remember the good times:

Then it was over and we left each other, but not for too long.....

And that's how our second event went down! Check out the video below to reminisce on the great time we had:

Hide & Seek Event #2 Video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyfT0TyXFtQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyfT0TyXFtQ</a>

Only ten hours later, our third event happened.....

And we saw familiar faces again

One of those faces was even a Familiar!*

*Haha! How many points do I receive for this pun?

We were five players at the start

And because Scootaloo adored Familiar so much, she was chosen as the first hider:

Her hideout was not far away

And Witching Hour found her apprentice very quickly, as Familiar couldn't reach a better hideout in the short time she had because she was unfamiliar with playing Hide & Seek. Get it? Familiar? Unfamiliar? Ha? OUCH! H-hey, don't OUCH, OUCH! Okay, okay, I stop! Geez.....

Preparing for Round 2

After a little banter between Familiar and her dark master:

We continued with our second round and Witching Hour went searching for a hiding spot:

Ten minutes later.....

And Scootaloo found her unexpectedly!

Scoots was the lucky next hider for Round 3 and so she went off.....

Scootaloo in her tricky hideout

She found a very good one and chilled there while all the seekers searched for her without luck:

She even gave all of them three additional minutes to find her, that's how convinced she was that she was safe there:

And indeed she was! In the end, she had to reveal her hideout to everypony to let them find their way there:

We returned to the train station for Round 4

And Libra got to hide next:

While searching for her, Scootaloo had a truly frightening experience.....

Right after the search began, she ran into a pony lying on the ground, then all of a sudden, it started to move and skid across the ground!

Luckily, a guard was there quick to take care of the undead:

Meanwhile, Libra did not notice anything in her secluded hideout

And she wasn't found either and therefore, declared winner of the round:

caramel owl returned!

During Round 4, caramel owl had returned into our midst, eager to participate once again:

Unfortunately, Meteor Sprint had to go after this round.....
Also, Scootaloo asked Libra if she could hide, after discovering that her last hideout could not be seen from the ground, to make up for the unfair hiding spot.

Arrived there, karma bit Scootaloo in the flank

In just one minute, she was found in her actually clever hideout, by a newbie to boot!

After round five, we had a little break to talk about the most important thing in the universe.....

SOCKS!

In Round 6, Purple Berry was trying the same trick as Doctor Invy during the first event

And this time it worked, nopony found her and she won the round!

After the successful round, Purple Berry needed to decide for a new hider

While she did, Libra transformed her appearance using her secret powers and continued as Sapphire:

caramel owl became the chosen one for Round 7

And Scootaloo began to search for her everywhere:

She even discovered what Witching Hour and Familiar do during Hide & Seek events when they aren't hiding:

caramel owl, though, was not sitting in a tree and K-I-S-S-I-N-G, she was sitting there and W-I-N-N-I-N-G instead:

Scootaloo decided to sit it out for Round 8

She wanted to spend some time with Familiar:

Sadly, Familiar was more interested in searching for her master, so Scootaloo sat down alone and bid caramel owl, who had to leave suddenly, farewell:

Unexpected company arrives

While Scoots was still waiting for the end of the round, a sudden relocation interrupted the round and Cherry Sweet and Blue Cloud showed up for the rest of the event!

They replaced Sapphire and Purple Berry who had vanished during the relocation.

The repeat of Round 8

Witching Hour had returned into her hideout and the round started anew:

After five minutes she was found. The tides turned this time and it was Familiar who uncovered her dark master:

Round 9 took its sweet time.....

Because we couldn't decide who should hide next, so we discussed this for five whole minutes. Eventually, a decision was made:

We also welcomed back Purple Berry who had managed to return!

Witching Hour gave the command.....

.....and off we went to find Blue Cloud!

The search happened

Scootaloo got tired..... but was luckily woken up by Blue Cloud who sent a raincloud full of cold water her way:

Then she went to his hideout after nopony had found him, even though it was in plain sight:

Cherry gets to hide

In the last round, Cherry was chosen as the hider because she came so late:

The early end of the round

Witching Hour found Cherry quickly after just two minutes and cut the last round short:

But we stayed in Cherry's hideout a little longer to chill and talk:

Then, the end of the event had come.....

We gathered at the fountain for a classical group picture:

After the picture, we finished the event:

Yet, this time, we did not leave each other for a change. After we made the picture we sallied out on an adventure to find the mysterious seapony in Ponyville.....

And with that, our third Hide & Seek event was over..... I recorded a video of this event too, check it out to remember our great time together:

Hide & Seek Event #3 Video (Don't mind the little jump at the end of the video, Fraps stopped recording, so some seconds are missing)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39lKe0DYZp8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39lKe0DYZp8</a>

So much for the coverage of our latest Hide & Seek events..... But don't worry, Scootaloo has more in store for you!
In just a few days, the Limited Access Release will happen and if you are one of the lucky ones who gets accepted onto the servers, you will be able to attend three Hide & Seek events to celebrate the opening of the servers and the start of the Limited Access Release (
or "Closed Beta", as some refer to it)!
It won't be long anymore, keep an eye on the forum here for the announcement thread! 0:)
« Last Edit: 2016 Dec 08, 20:46:36 by CMC Scootaloo »
If you want to meet Scootaloo, be on the lookout for her during OSWs!

Offline waaaaaaah

• Writer
  • THE CARROT SHALL GUIDE US TOWARDS SALVATION
    • View Profile
Sounds fun! I hope I can participate! ^-^
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

Offline FlutterButterflyMLP

• Creativity is intelligence having fun
    • View Profile
Yay! Hope I can make it! :D

I might miss a bit of the one on Sunday, though; I have to go somewhere at 11:00 then I have to go get lunch. :(
« Last Edit: 2016 Jul 26, 20:59:56 by FlutterButterflyMLP »
I am a student digital artist and a big fan of Steven Universe and My Little Pony.
See you in Equestria!

DeviantArt: Pastel-Pony-Artist

Offline Particlemane

• Writing Leader
  • Storytellers make the worlds go 'round.
    • View Profile
I'll be there Friday, probably, and Saturday definitely, but Sunday will probably be a miss for me.

The Storyteller's symbol is a book, for without the story itself, there would be nothing to tell. The lines are the breath, the storyteller's medium. The center is a heart, for without heart, the story dies.

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@waaaaaaah

Sounds fun! I hope I can participate! ^-^

There will be a place for you! No player limits anymore this time! :D

@FlutterButterflyMLP

Yay! Hope I can make it! :D

I might miss a bit of the one on Sunday, though; I have to go somewhere at 11:00 then I have to go get lunch. :(

Scoots will await you! The more, the ponier! 0:)

@Particlemane

I'll be there Friday, probably, and Saturday definitely, but Sunday will probably be a miss for me.

Hush will come! :D Don't forget to redeem your remaining 47 snuggle minutes with Scootaloo! 0:)

• View Profile
@FlutterButterflyMLP

Scoots will await you! The more, the ponier! 0:)

I can't wait to play, then! The fun shall be tripled!   :P
I am a student digital artist and a big fan of Steven Universe and My Little Pony.
See you in Equestria!

Offline FloraFlashFly

• I'm more inactive in this than I am lazy
    • View Profile
I really hope I can my make it! But my game is just..crashing non stop. I can't even play it just goes to the loading screen and crashes. It's making me seriously annoyed  >:/ But I am sure until Sunday this is going to be fixed  ^-^
yee

Offline Lumienaughty

• Up to bat!
    • View Profile
@CMC Scootaloo
Though Witching Hour might be a different shade of grey due to getting pretty dusty, I might brush her off and try to make it tonight. Assuming things aren't glitchy/laggy to nonfunction!

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@FloraFlashFly

I really hope I can my make it! But my game is just..crashing non stop. I can't even play it just goes to the loading screen and crashes. It's making me seriously annoyed  >:/ But I am sure until Sunday this is going to be fixed  ^-^

That's too bad. :( Do you have the right version of the client?

@Lumienaughty

@CMC Scootaloo
Though Witching Hour might be a different shade of grey due to getting pretty dusty, I might brush her off and try to make it tonight. Assuming things aren't glitchy/laggy to nonfunction!

Witching Hour! O: :D I can't to wait to see you again! I missed you so much last OSW when I couldn't properly play! DD:

Offline FloraFlashFly

• View Profile
Yeah Scoots,I just downloaded the client  DD: Its still not letting me in.
yee

Offline Lumienaughty

• Up to bat!
    • View Profile
@CMC Scootaloo
I didn't even make it at all!
I was out of town that weekend.  DD:

I wonder what's changed, in the interim?
Can I get proper witchy attire in the two hours until Hide and Seek Time?
Only time will tell! (Though probably not).

It'll be nice seeing everyone again. Hopefully the old group is still around and kicking!

I really want to join, I've had great fun at pervious events. But sadly I'm getting the same problem as FloraFlashFly. :( I'm just praying to Celestia I can get it working for one of the events!

Offline FloraFlashFly

• View Profile
I really want to join, I've had great fun at pervious events. But sadly I'm getting the same problem as FloraFlashFly. :( I'm just praying to Celestia I can get it working for one of the events!

Seriously I dont know why it crashes,last OSE's I've managed to play normally so it isnt my computer. It's probably a bug or somethin'
yee

omygosh! :3 I can't wait, I'll definitely be there for Friday! Probably not Saturday though, because I have to pack  D: and definitely not Sunday, I'll be on the road for 11 hours!
Atleast I get to see everyone for the Friday H&S! I even have someone to introduce to everyone there.  ^-^

I can't wait to see everyone!
My name's Ginger Paws! But you can call me Ginger!

I'm quite busy today, so chances are good I won't be able to make it today, but I'm sure I'll make it Saturday and Sunday. 

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@Lumienaughty

@CMC Scootaloo
I didn't even make it at all!
I was out of town that weekend.  DD:

I did, but I only had crappy McDonalds Internet and a netbook that is old to run the game on, because I was forced to move and my ?)§/$/§ UPC Internet provider didn't manage it to set up Internet where I moved to in time.
So I was stuck in Cloudsdale in slow motion and couldn't move very far before the server resetted me again. DD:
But it's all forgotten now! I'M BACK! >:O

I wonder what's changed, in the interim?
Can I get proper witchy attire in the two hours until Hide and Seek Time?
Only time will tell! (Though probably not).

I didn't see myself what was added in January except for one new NPC filly (who was now changed to a mare, she was so cute D:), but the changelog is on the site, just go a few pages back in the news.

@SpectraDust

@FloraFlashFly

If you used the launcher, this might have broken the clients somehow. THe launcher didn't even properly start for me. Try downloading the client directly if you used the launcher. Or, if you didn't use the launcher and already downloaded them directly, download the launcher, place it in the same folder as the game folder, start the launcher and try updating.
That's all I can suggest. :( I hope it works!

@Choco443

omygosh! :3 I can't wait, I'll definitely be there for Friday! Probably not Saturday though, because I have to pack  D: and definitely not Sunday, I'll be on the road for 11 hours!
Atleast I get to see everyone for the Friday H&S! I even have someone to introduce to everyone there.  ^-^

I can't wait to see everyone!

Scoots is already excited to meet you! 0:)

@MMTfan1

I'm quite busy today, so chances are good I won't be able to make it today, but I'm sure I'll make it Saturday and Sunday.

And especially you, her video-recording life saver. <3 We await your arrival!

Since Griffonia is no longer a server, which new server will the event be held in now?

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@SpectraDust

Since Griffonia is no longer a server, which new server will the event be held in now?

Yep, this was my baaaaaaaad! :P Griffonia was renamed.

Every Hide & Seek-interested player, the event will start very soon! The server for the event will be Europonia!
Keep an eye on this thread in case something should happen with the server, I will announce a new one here then!

Well, I might end up missing part or all of today's Hide and Seek.  The server timed out and my character's won't show up in character select.

• View Profile
Hey Scoots! Wanted to come here and tell you that I have had so much fun these past few days! I recorded all of today's event and thankfully, it saved! So yeah. If I don't make it tomorrow, at least I'll have something to cherish. If it's still going strong at like 2:00 central or a little bit before, then I just might make it.
Even if I don't, we can still keep in touch here! Thanks for providing entertainment for us all!
See you around!
See you in Equestria!