Scarlet Ink's Characters

Started by ScarletInk, 2016 Jan 20, 09:44:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ScarletInk

2016 Jan 20, 09:44:00 Last Edit: 2017 May 26, 04:36:27 by ScarletInk
Hello, everypony!
So, it's been a while since I brought my ponysona into roleplaying and I thought it was about time to get her a complete presentation.

Name: Scarlet Ink
Race: Earth Pony
Birthplace: Mareme, in Haytaly (or Rome, in Italy XD)
Current residence: Ponyville, she lives in the apartment above her library
Occupation: she's a librarian and owns a shop of her own near Ponyville's town hall

Appearance:

Special talent: she's a writer of great talent, but prefers to keep what she create to herself and a few other trusted  ponies

Personality: Scarlet is a very kind and a bit naive mare that is generically prone to fall in maternal attitudes: she likes to take cares of others and is a good shoulder to cry on, always having a sweet word for anypony who needs it. She's also very passionate about her work and loves talking and bonding with her clients, often meeting them out of work and hanging around Ponyville.
Despite her being usually well accepted by others, Scarlet doesn't have a good self-esteem: past experiences brought her to underestimate herself and to think she's easily replaceable with somepony better than her. To prevent this, she sometimes exaggerates her attempts at being useful to others, overwhelming herself, and hides her feelings to keep a strong and calm facade.

Family:
- Precious Lily (younger sister, 18, unicorn, student): Scarlet and Lily share a deep sisterly love and are both greatly protective toward each other, but they're also really differents, since, while one is very quiet and enjoys a peaceful and homely environment, the other is very extroverted and loves mundane life;
- Pristine Clarity (mother, 49, unicorn, architect): while really loving her mother and looking up to her as an example of certainty and positive self-awareness, Scarlet has also always feared to disappoint the finicky unicorn, never being sure what to expect from her;
- Azure Might (father, 50, Earth pony, head blacksmith): much as her sister, Scarlet is the apple of her father's blue eyes and she really adores him in return, opening herself more with him than with any other pony else and knowing he would do anything for his "little toad" (said affectionately)

Backstory:
Scarlet was born in Mareme and lived there for the greatest part of her life, with her family and several relatives displaced in neighboring districts.
She has always been encouraged to follow her passions and dreams from her parents and had been made to grow educated and curious about the world around her.
Unfortunately, entering school she had been made object of bullying by her classmates, initially for her unusual gracility and clumsiness as a Earth pony and then, later on, for her myopia and her blank flank. Struggling to make friends, she entered a book club and found her Cutie Mark after winning a scholastic competition to which she had been encouraged to participate by Golden Stories, her teacher and, later on, mentor.
In her teenage years, she started to work part-time in the library Golden Stories inherited from her grandfather and discovered how much she really loved books and, especially, sharing stories with other ponies and decided that, one day, she would have opened a library of her own.
The occasion arrived when, after years of working and saving to realize her dream and some months after Tirek's attack on Equestria, she moved to Ponyville, where the previous library (Golden Oak Library, we will forever miss you  :c ) had been destroyed during the fight between the villain and Princess Twilight Sparkle.
With the support of her family and the enthusiastic help of the Princess, she was finally able to open the Ruby Quill Library, on the road to the town's center, and is now still happily working on it.

If there's anything missing or some inaccuracy, please, feel free to tell me.  ^-^
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

featherwriter

I like this! Very creative! :-D

ScarletInk

ScarletInk

2016 Aug 19, 16:34:32 #3 Last Edit: 2016 Aug 27, 14:49:11 by ScarletInk
Hi, everypony!
Since I've created another character - and it's probable there are more to come -, I changed this topic's title to adapt it.
So, here is my newest addition!

Name: Sky Crash
Race: Pegasus Pony
Birthplace: Cloudsdale
Current residence: he has an apartment in Cloudsdale, but he's pretty much a wanderer

Appearance:

Special talent: he's a talented aerobatic, but doesn't love competition

Personality: Sky is a pretty self-assured stallion with a soft spot for drama: he often declares he's going to "crash the skies" - probably to make a pun out of his name -, in reference to his dream to become a great, recognized aerobatic, and isn't uncommon to see him overreact - especially after a fright caused by his cynophobia. He's friendly, outspoken and wears his emotions on his sleeves, without filters.

Family:
- April Shower (mother, 42, pegasus, weather engineer): Sky both loves and deeply admires his mother, having been brought up by her alone, and would do anything to make her proud, even if the mare already feels nothing but pride for her son and joy for how he grew up, even if she happens to question his life choices, at times

Backstory:
Sky Crash was born in Cloudsdale, but lived in Rainbow Falls with his mother and father, Cumulonimbus, after the last line got promoted as a flying teacher at the school run there by his family.
His foalhood had been, however, marred by his father's death, caused by a flying accident during a storm when he was 4, followed by the disavowal by his paternal grandparents, who never accepted April Shower and her impetuos nature. Seeing their coldness and absence of empathy and affection toward their own nephew, the mare decided to go back to Clousdale, and to raise her foal alone. Even if they had to struggle for some years, April and her son managed to settle happily in their hometown, forming a family of their own.
After discovering his Cutie Mark and special talent during a Wonderbolt's exhibition, Sky attracted the attention of the famous flying group, that started to keep a close eye on him, to the point of offering him a scolarship to the Wonderbolt Academy after he finished school.
At the Academy, Sky defined his style as well as his own ideology about flying: he seeks to perfect his own ability, but isn't interested in competition, considering it pointless to the freedom that flying should represent. This way of thinking obviously brought him to various disagreements with the Wonderbolts, until he resigned from his position on the team.
Now, Sky Crash is on a, like he says, "spiritual journey", wandering through Equestria and working as a freelancer, seeking for other pegasus with whom to share his ideas and hoping, maybe, to form a team of his own.

FakeSmile

Very nice background info for Sky!
Have you figured out his cutie mark yet?
:)
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

ScarletInk

Oh, my gosh, I forgot to add it! :I
By the way, it's a seagull.

FakeSmile

Ah, a seagull is a good choice.
I'm not too sure how else you
would be able to show his
talent is aerobatic.
X3
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

ScarletInk

Plus, seagulls are incredibly strong flyers: some species can even fly during storms. ^-^

Gamepaw

Is a nice collection of characters. Though I have some tips for ya.

Do not use facebook images at all, they expire when used on other sites. Use Imgur or DeviantArt. I`m not sure if it is just me, but for me none of your images actually work, neither does your avatar.

Image link displays this message - URL signature expired

ScarletInk

Oh, gosh, I thought it was just my tablet that didn't visualize them! :I

Thanks for telling me, Game, I'll try to repair.

Go Up