"The Adventures of the Royal Guard, a New Beginning" Sign-Up Thread

Started by annosrules, 2015 Sep 15, 17:13:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

annosrules

"Hello potential recruits! This is Big G, and  this announcement is to make sure you have your recruitment and/or transfer papers in order. Please remember that the following is the expected format:"

Name: (Self Explanatory)
Species: (Earth Ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi are preferable, other races will be judged on a case-by-case basis.)
Recruit or Transfer: (If transfer make up from where and a brief reason why.)
Specialization: (i.e. Calvary, Reconnaissance, Accountant...)
Physical Description: (Pictures work perfectly fine here, but please put them in a spoiler.)
Personality: (5 Sentence Max)
Brief Bio: (5 Sentence Max.)

"Please remember that Seargent Match Stick has been given the authority to regect your application if he sees fit to do so. Thank you, and have a nice day."

Spoiler: Sargent Match Stick - Classified • show

Name: Match Stick
Species: Unicorn
Recruit or Transfer: Commanding Officer & Sargent
Specialization: Magical Support / Heavy Cavalry
Physical Description:
Spoiler: Image • show

Personality: A quick-thinker with rash tactics who's remarkable leadership skills can get his friends and allies into danger. More laid back now that he has been burdened with his responsibilities, Match has taken up personal investment into the training of each Guardspony under his command.
Brief Bio: Born and raised in Canterlot, Match had some difficulties growing up when he was young due to his magic becoming nigh uncontrollable whenever he tried to do more than a simple telekinesis spell. Later having his passions rekindled, Match joined the Royal guard and served well, swelling in both rank and prestige. Match possesses two special abilities due to his cutie mark; the first being the ability to encourage his allies through either courageous actions or spirit lifting pep-talks, the second being his mana well that makes his magic more difficult to control in exchange for the ability to empower the spellcasting abilities of other unicorns. (See full character sheet for additional information.)

Spoiler: Drill Sergeant Lieutenant Turnip • show

Name: Lieutenant Turnip
Species: Earth-Pony
Recruit or Transfer: Drill Sergeant
Specialization: Grenadier
Physical Description:
Spoiler: Image • show

Personality: Lewis, as I will be calling him, is a very imaginative pony who gets much of his strength from acting out his internal fantasies. Truly a child at heart, the only reason why he's gruff is because he believes that that is what expected of him. Lewis is also rather headstrong, and is more reckless than even Sgt. Match Stick. Lacking the Sergeants quick wit doesn't help his case in this matter.
Brief Bio: Lewis did his tour with Match Stick, and the two became quick friends. The time leading up to his recruitment into the Royal Guard involved him creating his own unnoficial militia comprising of only himself, and based in his family's Turnip Farm's cellar.

Maplewood

name: Maplewood
species: earth
transfer: transferred from the main research facility in canterlote
physical description: a very built stallion with dirty brown main with a silver bit in it along with his coat which is ash grey. he also has a cybernetic eye a hoof 
personality: good at taking and giving out orders and knows when to not joke around. also loves to invent things 
brief bio: after his accident at the research facility located in pony Ville he was sent to a undisclosed location to be trained with his new body parts and to be trained as an officer   

((does this maple know match btw))

annosrules

"Private Maplewood may now proceed to Sergeant Match Stick's office for orientation and assignment."

((He can if you want.))

waaaaaaah

Name: Book Keeper
Recruit or Transfer: Recruit (community service)
Physical Description: Green eyes, white coat, and a red mane with orange highlights.
Personality: Book Keeper has two personalities: the  dominant one is cheerful, a bit of a socialite, and protective of young ones, while the other is cold, ruthless, completely amoral and focused on achieving her goal (revenge on her father)
Brief Bio: Book Keeper is the best knowledge broker in Baltimare. After an incident involving obstruction of justice, Book Keeper was sent to the Royal Guard as a kind of community service, as her talents would be wasted elsewhere.
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

annosrules

"Private Keeper may now proceed to Corporal Autumn Leaf's office for orientation and assignment."

StarrBee

Name: Quick Silver
Recruit or Transfer: Recruit
Physical Description: A fairly well built mare, average height and weight, she has got some muscle on her. Light Grey coat, Charcoal Mane/Tail, Teal eyes.
Personality: A loyal, protective, and mature pony. Quick Silver is fairly quiet most of the time, usually choosing not to speak unless spoken to. She is determined, strong willed, and known to be quite stubborn at times.
Brief Bio: Quick Silver was born in Canterlot, and lived there for her whole life. She was always a protective pony, especially over her friends and family. She always admired the Royal Guard for their service, and as a fully grown mare she decided to enroll.

annosrules

"Private Quill Ink may now proceed to Sergeant Match Stick's office for orientation and assignment."

StarrBee

Quote from: annosrules on 2015 Sep 17, 17:56:41
"Private Quill Ink may nor proceed to Sergeant Match Stick's office for orientation and assignment."

I hope I don't sound rude, but could I ask if you meant 'not' or 'now'?
I don't want to walk into the roleplay if you did mean not ^^'

annosrules

Typos, why'd it have to be typos!  DD:

But you're totally in, so don't worry about it.  :D

StarrBee

Ahh don't worry about it, everyone makes typos. And thank you very much!

LunarDusk

"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Chibalt

Name: Chibalt Winds

Species: Changeling, though keeps this hidden by using his natural disguising abilities to simply have an earth pony version of himself. (His variant of disguise is resistant to dispelling, though will break apart if he is too weakened)

Recruit or Transfer: Recruited.

Physical Description: In his natural, changeling from he is a good hoof or so taller than the average pony, he has no horn, nor any holes in his legs or wings. His chitin is a very dark shade of blue, almost looking like black if just glanced at, he also has a mane and tail, similar to changeling royals, which have a cobalt colouring and otherwise are very regular in style, fairly straight, with his mane cut short and always seeming very slightly ruffled. Unlike normal changelings he also has the typical royal changeling eyes, very much resembling those of a dragon, these being a stronger, slightly lighter shade of cobalt blue than his mane.

His earth pony form, and what most ponies save his closest family knows him as, is much more normal, his height still remains the same, he is in excellent shape, though he keeps his coat just long enough not to make this stand out when only casually looking at him, his coat is almost black, with a tint of blue mixed in, his mane maintains the same colour and style as his changeling form, Cobalt Blue and always slightly ruffled almost regardless of what is done to make it otherwise. His eyes are also a strong, slightly lighter shade of Cobalt Blue in this form too.
His cutie mark, because not having one would be pretty strange, is a spinning quarterstaff burning with his typical blue flame.

Personality: Generally friendly, quick to trust others, though with a healthy dose of skepticism mixed in along with very little hestitation in questioning strange or suspicious circumstances. He is somewhat idealistic in that he will do his very best, and a bit more too, if it means protecting others, something his blue flames seem to almost reinforce with their properties.

Brief Bio: Chibalt was found and adopted at infancy by a pony farmer couple running a farm somewhere between Manehattan and Fillydelphia, though to records he is simply an unexpected foal, something not all that suspicious with practically every sentient species in, and probably a good few outside too, somehow tie into the family tree. He has been on several adventures with his brother before, though he's always wanted to be a guard to protect others more actively.

Other: Chibalt's changeling flames have three unusual traits aside from the blue colouration(Doesn't give off heat, don't worry). First, he can channel them actively, such as for example coating his hooves in it or even breathing it. Second, they have a strange reaction to magic in general, they can repel most spells by physical contact and, if touching for more than a few moments, can start to burn the spell itself. Lastly, channeling them also heals most injuries in the areas he channel through, though the time needed scales up with the nature and severity of it.

His preferred weapon is a quarterstaff given to him from his brother, inlaid with advanced rune magic to allow it to endure him channeling his fire through it, along with making it unnaturally durable and self-repairing, though at a fairly slow rate.

Long, yeah I know, felt I needed to specify that about his flames, and his preferred weapon too just in case so people don't get confused. And his flames aren't really recognizable as changeling flames, not that I think they would look all that different from normal fire anyways in anything but colour.
Oh and I added in the spacing to make it a little easier to read.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

annosrules

((Please note that the Badlands is where changeling's originate from, so this is a very high risk situation for an infiltrator.))

"Private Winds may now proceed to Col. Autumn Leaf's office for orientation and assignment."

Jcfraven

Name: Lunar Rose
Species: Batpony
Gender: Technically Androgynous, the true Gender is Male, though personality and looks are similar to that of a female.
Age: 20 of human years(not sure the Equine Age Translation)
Recruit or Transfer: Forced transfer from the Lunar Guard, due to accusations of assault to fellow soldiers.
Specialization: Technology/Field Commander
Physical Description:
Spoiler: show

Cutie Mark- A rose of similar combination to the mane, more towards the Midnight Blue, some petals falling off of it, as though it was dying.
Mane and Tail-A purplish midnight-blue mix, the mane fairly long, draping downwards, her right eye covered by it.
Coat- Silverish Grey
Other Details- Has a robotic Right Eye, due to a battle that occurred.

Personality: Lunar Rose is a very introverted individual, who fears the nature of being alone. She attempts to be kind and helpful to everyone who comes along the way, but is usually put down or made to feel unwanted. Alongside fearing being alone, she has some other problems, one thing being that she has huge emotional responses to situations deemed severe/extreme by her, alongside speech issues, primarily a minor lisp and Dysprosody.
*Used "her" due to the looks and personality.
Brief Bio: Lunar was born in the village of Raven's Reach, one of pride to the Crown of the Night. Upon reaching the age of 18, she joined the Lunar Guard, hoping to serve her princess proud. She was always despised by her compadres though, as she always went out of her way to do as much as she could, some perceiving it as being a kiss-up, thus making her a target for torment and the like. Despite that however, she became a prominent soldier, though eventually being transferred by force due to accusations of assault.
*I know the Bio sucks, but I was trying to make it brief. I prefer exploring it In-RP, making it more interesting.

Note: If you want me to explain anything, go into more detail about anything, etc., tell me and I will do so. I had to type this up fairly quickly.

_BlazingInfinity

Please notice me! @annosrules
Name: Infinity
Species: Earth Pony
Recruit or Transfer: Recruited.
Physical Description:
Spoiler: show
Coat - Red. Cutie Mark - Infinity symbol on fire. http://blazinginfinity.deviantart.com/art/BlazingInfinity-549116400

Personality: He is very sharing, and caring. Loves animals. Never abusive of power.
Brief Bio: He was always getting bullied as a foal. He was adopted by the Apple Family.
That moment when you realize that you are an apple...
Toast is amazing.

annosrules

"Private Lunar Rose may now proceed to Col. Autumn Leaf's office for orientation and assignment."

((@_BlazingInfinity I'd prefer to keep OC's distanced from canon characters, especially the mane six and princesses. So I have to ask whether Infinity was adopted by AJ's direct family, or another family within the Apple Clan.))

_BlazingInfinity

Toast is amazing.

annosrules

"Private Infinity may proceed to Match's office for orientation and assignment, once Private Silver vacates the area."

_BlazingInfinity

Toast is amazing.

Chibalt

Quote from: _BlazingInfinity on 2015 Sep 19, 21:28:37
Can I enter now? Is she gone? @annosrules

Look in the RP, when Silver finishes up with Match you're good to go in.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Go Up