2017 Apr 26, 23:10:45

Author Topic: Hide & Seek in Canterlot/Ponyville V: Unexpected Hiatus Edition! + Anniversary!!  (Read 2325 times)

Offline FloraFlashFly

• I'm more inactive in this than I am lazy
    • View Profile
That's awesome!  :3

I will try to make it Saturday (If not,today) for the Hide and Seek!

(I dint manage to get into one the last open server,whoops!  lol )
yee

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
  • LoE veteran, playing since July 7th 2013!
    • View Profile
@FloraFlashFly

That's awesome!  :3

I will try to make it Saturday (If not,today) for the Hide and Seek!

(I dint manage to get into one the last open server,whoops!  lol )

You're very welcome in our happy midst! 0:)
If you want to meet Scootaloo, be on the lookout for her during OSWs!

Offline FlutterButterflyMLP

• Creativity is intelligence having fun
    • View Profile
Excited to play! So happy it's the 5th anniversary!  :3
I am a student digital artist and a big fan of Steven Universe and My Little Pony.
See you in Equestria!

DeviantArt: Pastel-Pony-Artist

Hmmm, I doubt I'll have anyone at the level needed to go Dragon Hunting, even if it'd be epic...

So I guess I'll show up to the Hide and Seek during that event :3 I mean, I'm wandering around as Daring-Do! Can't go searching for things without Daring!

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
So, now that I have checked which new items and equipment the sales ponies in the game have, I can give you more information about the armor that is the prize for the raffle! Originally, I just wanted to take a bronze armor for it, because this was the most expensive and valuable item Legends of Equestria had in the past OSWs. But this has changed now. Several new armors were added to the game, complete with level requirements and stats and they are all a lot more shiny and useful than the bronze armor!
So, without further ado, here's the prize for the raffle:

Everypony who attends the Hide & Seek event tomorrow on Saturday at 08:00 PM EST, can win a shiny and noble Golden Armor!
Scoots fought brave for that armor in the mines, endured the strong attacks of Level 5 Lantern Monsters and even managed it to break the spawn rate of the monsters in the first room, by killing monsters until no new ones spawned anymore. 0:)
The result was not only a jump to Level 13, but also more than 10,000 Bits and 102 rubies, which made her suddenly richer than Filthy Rich, and so she could afford the valuable Golden Armor that you can win tomorrow!
Look for the stats of the armor right here:

Have Fun and Good Luck to all participants! 0:)

Infos are also as update in the start post!

@Sylvian

Daring Do, huh? Well, she might find something golden now while playing Hide & Seek. :D
« Last Edit: 2015 Aug 14, 18:11:22 by CMC Scootaloo »

Offline FloraFlashFly

• I'm more inactive in this than I am lazy
    • View Profile
@FloraFlashFly

You're very welcome in our happy midst! 0:)

Why,thank you!  X3
yee

What server will this be in?

Offline Apuppy120

• Otherwise known as GuyWithAmp
    • View Profile
Sorry I couldn't make it today like i said. Something got in the way. I'll definitely be there Sunday, though!

Offline LeviathanTS

• You are a Raider! Legendary!
    • View Profile
Was great fun tonight Scoots- thanks! ^-^

Just in case you want some kind of reference to when I made this post, I wake up in 14 minutes lol

There's a chance I won't be able to play for the rest of the event, because I'm going away for 2 weeks, so if I don't see anypony during the event again, I'd like to say that I had fun and that it would be nice to see you again the next event! ^-^

-Frost Burn

Alastor created the amazing banner of the Chat-O-Landians! 8)
Awesome avatar artwork created by Peace Keeper, you did a great job! ^-^
Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Was a lot of fun tonight, Scoots! I am really glad I got to participate, more so as Daring-Do!

Even if it got off to a rocky start, I hope tomorrow will be better, and I will most defiantly be showing up again. Though, perhaps not as Daring, this time, but we shall see!

Offline Tiger

• Waffles!
    • View Profile
I only managed to take part in the last round, but it was cool nonetheless  :D

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Online Julien999

• "Ponies are better than humans? How?"
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, I didn't manage to be in the first even of the game! lol

I would want to know what time is the event if we are in England or France. :P

Offline Tiger

• Waffles!
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, I didn't manage to be in the first even of the game! lol

I would want to know what time is the event if we are in England or France. :P

http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com

Try putting in 8 PM in EST on the right part of that C:

The left side should show your local time.

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
Yeehaw, our first Hide & Seek even for this Open Server Weekend is over! And it was lots of fun again!
But, I have some good and some bad news now!
First the good news:

We broke a new record! A total of 31 ponies attended the Hide & Seek event this time! 27 of them already right at the beginning! O:
That's the highest number of ponies I ever had coming to one of my events and much higher than I ever reckoned with! It's the fifth time I'm holding Hide & Seek events now and this gigantic number of players shows that my events are officially popular now! Possible was this also by a little help of @Natfoth  who was so kind to make an official announcement for my event! Thanks for that, Natfoth!
Though, great success and popularity also brings change sometimes, change that not everypony will like..... And this brings me to the bad news:

With how popular my events got now, I have no other choice than to restrict the number of players. All these 27 ponies who initially attended blew my mind in the most literal way. Organizing an event with so many ponies is very stressful, much more than you would think if you never organized something of that magnitude, and it can create a lot of chaos, which the event became right at the beginning.
So many players means, so many asking you for questions at the same time, so many complaining about rules or making suggestions, so many talking at the same time to you and so many players to keep track of to see who was kicked from the server, who returned and who didn't return so that we can wait for the ones who got kicked or replace them with other eager players to fill their slot in case they don't come back.
It's absolutely impossible to do that.
At the end, we had to split up the group of players. Blue Cloud was so nice to take on something of the event and so I appointed him to be my co-organizer and he took half of the ponies with him to another location so that I won't have to send them home (which is something I didn't wanted to do after they were all here already).
Now I'm not saying no one can do this. If someone is a huge organizer and has his or her cutie mark gotten for organizing stuff, then it sure is possible, but the point is, it is not possible for me. That said, I am good at organizing, but everything has it's boundaries and limitations somewhere and 30+ players is where my boundaries definitely are.
Those Hide & Seek events I make, I would have never expected, not even in my wildest dreams, that so many ponies would be interested in them and that the players who come would reach such a high number. My Hide & Seek events were always meant as a small fun event for a small number of players, not as a mass event for dozens of players. The number of ponies that came today have exceeded my expectations by far!
And so, I have to make a decision, even if it isn't an easy one. I never wanted to restrict the number of players for my events, but now that so many attend, I simply have no other choice anymore. The only way to continue my Hide & Seek events without burning myself out (and thus eventually not being able to do them anymore) is to reach for the "First come, first serve" method, which means, ten players at max per event, not more. This is the number I can safely handle now.
There is a chance that I get better at organizing over time and then I can maybe increase the number of players that can attend, but for now, more than ten are just not possible.
But don't fret about that! There are a lot of good reasons to make that decision, reasons that benefit not only me (and my sanity), but that benefit you as the players as well:

1. With so many players attending, the risk is very high that I lose track of them all, which would lead to it that I repeatedly choose players who have already hidden themselves in the round before, so that the balance gets unfair, or that I simply overlook players unintentionally and other nasty things.
Which would create chaos and with chaos, no game can work.

2. My Hide & Seek events are supposed to be relaxing fun events, nothing complicated, just simple fun. Having to make science out of it with all sorts of special rules and procedures to handle all the players, however, would take the fun out of it, not only for me, but for everyone else.
As I said, it's getting stressful with so many players and if it gets stressful, the whole event suffers from it, because my tone has to be harsh, more controlling and more strict and this is no fun. Handling all that stress could eventually also result in it that I snap out a little when it gets too much and if I end up screaming at someone for not following a rule or not getting in line or something like that, this would ruin the fun atmosphere. Not only for me, also for everyone else.

3. With so many players attending, there is also the problem that we need more hiders, which wouldn't be a problem in and of itself, but this results again in more organization to guarantee that everyone gets a fair chance of hiding and that I mix everything so that it won't get boring.
But my memory can't handle to remember which ponies were hiders three rounds ago and which weren't yet and the only solution for that would be to write it down and to go through the list every time. Same for checking who returned and who not. This would drag the event out a lot and all of you who come would be more busy with watching me organizing the crowd than actually playing.

4. But if I limit the number of players to ten, I can easily keep an eye on everyone, react better to questions and suggestions and can guarantee that we wait for those who got kicked in case they return and that we can add new players when a slot gets free because someone didn't return after a while.
And I won't be stressed and we can maintain a happy, chilled and, most importantly, friendly and kind atmosphere without bad words that we will regret later on and that ruin the fun. And in case you're wondering what I mean with "bad words", even though all of my encounters in Legends of Equestria were the kindest and most chilled ones ever, there was an instance in the past event where the word "hater" was used when it got heated. A first for me in Legends of Equestria that I heard this word here and I would like to keep it the last time. And this is the major reason for my decision. Things like this are something I DON'T WANT to have in Legends of Equestria.
With a limited number of players, we can avoid all this and just have fun.
This is a case where we really have to go for quality instead of quantity and this is exactly what I'm going to do.

For the future, including the other two events I have planned for this OSW, I will strictly limit the number of players to ten. The first ten who come can play, the others have to leave unfortunately or have to wait in the background in hope that a slot becomes free because someone got kicked. But even then it is: "First come, first serve."
This was not an easy decision to make, but ultimately, it is the better one for the fun in my events, so that's what I'm rolling with now.
I hope you can understand this decision and understand why it's an important one and that you are not too disappointed if you can't get in because you came too late.
Again, I really hate it having to make restrictions for the player count, but I would hate it more to see my Hide & Seek events getting down by organizational problems and heated disputes.
I hope you can understand and will still try to attend.

Note: This is NOT affecting the raffle. Everyone who comes to the event, no matter if he gets in the ten players or not, is eligible to participate in the raffle, be it the first ten that attend or 5,000 ponies that come later!
And of course, no matter if you were able to play in the event tomorrow, you can come to the afterparty in Sugarcube Corner. There's no limit for the party!

@Apuppy120

Sorry I couldn't make it today like i said. Something got in the way. I'll definitely be there Sunday, though!

No worries! There were more than enough players. ovO

@LeviathanTS

Was great fun tonight Scoots- thanks! ^-^

Just in case you want some kind of reference to when I made this post, I wake up in 14 minutes lol

There's a chance I won't be able to play for the rest of the event, because I'm going away for 2 weeks, so if I don't see anypony during the event again, I'd like to say that I had fun and that it would be nice to see you again the next event! ^-^

-Frost Burn

Thanks for coming, I'm glad you had fun, even though it was so shaky at the beginning! And drink lots of coffee to wake up! ovO
I hope I can see you next time! 0:)

@Sylvian

Was a lot of fun tonight, Scoots! I am really glad I got to participate, more so as Daring-Do!

Even if it got off to a rocky start, I hope tomorrow will be better, and I will most defiantly be showing up again. Though, perhaps not as Daring, this time, but we shall see!

Thanks, I'm so glad you had fun anyway! And I hope you can make it into the ten!

@Tiger

I only managed to take part in the last round, but it was cool nonetheless  :D

Finally you could attend one of my events! It was about time! :P
I hope you get another chance!

@Julien999

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to be in the first even of the game!

I would want to know what time is the event if we are in England or France.

It is needed that I write a timezone into the announcements that is the same every time, so that everyone can calculate for him- or herself when it happens in his/her local time. Including all the timezones from everyone around the world who could maybe attend is simply impossible.
You can google a lot of sites that show you how EST time is converted into your local time, just search for "Time difference EST - Your local timezone".

Edit: Thanks, Tiger! 0:)
« Last Edit: 2015 Aug 15, 01:38:06 by CMC Scootaloo »

Offline Particlemane

• Writing Leader
  • Storytellers make the worlds go 'round.
    • View Profile
Sorry I missed it, but events came up today.

The Storyteller's symbol is a book, for without the story itself, there would be nothing to tell. The lines are the breath, the storyteller's medium. The center is a heart, for without heart, the story dies.

Offline Tiger

• Waffles!
    • View Profile
Limiting it to 10 ponies is understandable  ^-^

I can't even begin to imagine taking part with 30 ponies in hide and seek o_o

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@Particlemane

Sorry I missed it, but events came up today.

Midnight Hush! :D It's okay, the event was very stressful at the beginning (see my post above) and you haven't missed much there. xD
I hope you will manage it to play tomorrow or on Sunday and that we will meet soon! :D

@Tiger

Limiting it to 10 ponies is understandable  ^-^

I can't even begin to imagine taking part with 30 ponies in hide and seek o_o

Taking part is one thing, organizing it another one. It is a nightmare. o_o
I'm really glad that I made this decision.

Online Julien999

• "Ponies are better than humans? How?"
    • View Profile
http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com

Try putting in 8 PM in EST on the right part of that C:

The left side should show your local time.
That's so confusing... o_o When I write "EST" it's say "Did you mean EDT?" Oh well, I guess "EST" it's the same time as New York so maybe I know when the even is.

Thanks anyway.

Offline MidnightLighty

• "Life's unpredictable."
    • View Profile
I've no idea when exactly will be the next event but, I'll try to be around, for it will kinda be my last on this OSW. Won't be able to play on sunday. :c

That was also quite a surprise for the first round. Scooty, will you post screenshots after the OSW?

"I am a silly poni."

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@MidnightLighty

I've no idea when exactly will be the next event but, I'll try to be around, for it will kinda be my last on this OSW. Won't be able to play on sunday. :c

That was also quite a surprise for the first round. Scooty, will you post screenshots after the OSW?

Yes, I will! I didn't post the screenshots of the events in April (yet!), but this time I will post them in time! Have planned to post them right on the day after the OSW is over, on Monday!

And google for a time converter, that should do the trick.