2017 Jun 28, 20:23:18

Author Topic: Hide & Seek in Canterlot/Ponyville V: Unexpected Hiatus Edition! + Anniversary!!  (Read 2644 times)

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
  • LoE veteran, playing since July 7th 2013!
    • View Profile
Do you feel depressed by this title now? Fear not!
Season 5 might be in hiatus right now after it's first half, but Legends of Equestria is here with another Open Server Weekend to got us covered and bring us over the drought!
And where an OSW is, there is Hide & Seek not far! That's right, Scootaloo throws Hide & Seek events again!
Once again she is calling for ponies to play her favourite game with her in Canterlot and her hometown Ponyville!
And this time it's going to be special, because we celebrate our

5th Anniversary!

This upcoming Open Server Weekend, it will be the fifth time that I hold Hide & Seek events in Legends of Equestria. It all started in August last year, a little more than a year ago, when I held my first three Hide & Seek events:

Click here for nostalgia if you were there the first time!

Some things have changed since our humble beginnings, I added Ponyville as location after discovering that there are more and better hideouts and I even made a special event the last time where Starlight Glimmer in pony led the event and brought everypony wonderful equality! ovO
But the core of our event is still the same; playing Hide & Seek and having fun together! And since it is our first little anniversary now, I'm going to do something special this time too, to celebrate both our 5th Anniversary as well as the first half of Season 5:

Season 5 has shown us many new, awesome ponies so far, ranging from a fanatic dictator, over a tree-hugging hippie whose head is always high in the clouds, to a bookworm who gives Twilight a run for her money.
And these new, awesome ponies shall be the spotlight in our Hide & Seek event on Saturday!
We want to try to gather around as many new ponies from the show as possible, so, if you like Starlight Glimmer, Moon Dancer and Co., come as your favourite pony from the new cast and show us your best impressions of one of these ponies (roleplaying as the pony of your choice is not required, but encouraged!). Come as any of these ponies and show us what you can:

Starlight Glimmer, Sugar Belle, Party Favor, Night Glider, Double Diamond, Sunshower, Open Skies, Clear Skies, Fluffy Clouds, Trouble Shoes, Record High, Yuma Spurs, Penny Ante, Tree Hugger, Tropic Treat (Tropical Dream), March Gustysnows, Quiet Gestures, The Manehattan Delegate, Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts, Moon Dancer.

Some of these ponies are background ponies, if you don't know their exact look, search for their (placeholder) names on Derpibooru!

Every player who attends the Saturday Hide & Seek event, no matter as which pony, be it Season 5 or OC Pony, will be able to participate in a raffle with a complete full body armor as prize, because anniversaries mean presents! 0:)

Update: So, now that I have checked which new items and equipment the sales ponies in the game have, I can give you more information about the armor that is the prize for the raffle! Originally, I just wanted to take a bronze armor for it, because this was the most expensive and valuable item Legends of Equestria had in the past OSWs. But this has changed now. Several new armors were added to the game, complete with level requirements and stats and they are all a lot more shiny and useful than the bronze armor!
So, without further ado, here's the prize for the raffle:

Everypony who attends the Hide & Seek event tomorrow on Saturday at 08:00 PM EST, can win a shiny and noble Golden Armor!
Scoots fought brave for that armor in the mines, endured the strong attacks of Level 5 Lantern Monsters and even managed it to break the spawn rate of the monsters in the first room, by killing monsters until no new ones spawned anymore. 0:)
The result was not only a jump to Level 13, but also more than 10,000 Bits and 102 rubies, which made her suddenly richer than Filthy Rich, and so she could afford the valuable Golden Armor that you can win tomorrow!
Look for the stats of the armor right here:

Have Fun and Good Luck to all participants! 0:)

[/Update End]

Once we've brought the event on Saturday to a close, we will head to Sugarcube Corner for the afterparty with cookies, cupcakes and dancing to the best pony music!
Just make sure to prepare your own playlists just in case, as we can't exactly tell if there will be music again like last time!
If you came as a pony from Season 5 to the event, you can of course switch back to your OC or any pony you usually play as for the party!

But now for the most important part, the times of our events! I don't want to keep you in suspense much longer, so here we go:

What: Playing Hide & Seek and finding partners to do so

Where: Train Station in Canterlot

When: Friday and Saturday at 08:00 PM EST, Sunday at 04:00 PM EST

Update 2: In the light of current events, there will be a change to the player count for my Hide & Seek events from now on. For all my events from now on, there will be a max player count of ten per event. If you come too late, you can't play in the event or you have to wait if a slot gets free by someone getting kicked and not returning after a while. Which means, you are well advised to come fast and early to the event if you want to play with Scootaloo!
The reasons for that decision can be found here:

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=15013.msg933218#msg933218

And I repeat again, this is NOT affecting the raffle. Everyone who comes to the event, no matter if he gets in the ten players or not, is eligible to participate in the raffle, be it the first ten that attend or 5,000 ponies that come later!
And of course, no matter if you were able to play in the event tomorrow, you can come to the afterparty in Sugarcube Corner. There's no limit for the party!

[/Update 2 End]

Update 3: So, I have to apologize for something. Apparently, I derped again. There was supposed to be an afterparty of the second Hide & Seek event in Sugarcube Corner and I forgot about it. First my timezone confusion at the first event, now this mishap.
Seems like this is the weekend of derps for my Hide & Seek events. And that at the 5th Anniversary. :c
Anyway, I'm making this after party anyway (even when now not everypony will be able to come, because of the unexpected announcement. :( ), after all, it is a special occasion!
Expect it to happen at 01:00 PM EST! Time will be two hours, so that we can end the afterparty roughly one hour before the last Hide & Seek event starts, to give you all some time before it to get ready and to finish other stuff!

[/Update 3 End]

I will also split the events again, so that we will play one half in Canterlot and the other half in Ponyville. And, of course, even if no event is happening right now, feel free to use the train station in Canterlot as meeting point to find players, at any time, on any server!
The server for the events will be, like last time, Griffonia, as it proofed itself to be very stable. But as always, it's subject to change, so keep an eye on the in-game chat and this thread for announcements!

And that's it, folks! Another new round of exciting Hide & Seek events lies ahead of us and with that, a weekend full of fun!
Come all and join Scootaloo for chilled rounds of Hide & Seek and bring all your fun and cheer with you to make the 5th Anniversary of her Hide & Seek events a special one that she will never forget!
Scootaloo is waiting for you! See you in Equestria! 0:)

It's time to wrap these events and bring them to a conclusion. I am sorry, but I won't be able to offer full reports on these events.
I want to conclude them before the LAR starts because then I will host Hide & Seek events regularly and won't have time anymore to conclude older events.
But I still have some stuff to show you guys.....
I recorded all three events during this OSW and link them for you below, so that you won't forget the great time we had:

Scootaloo's Hide & Seek Event 1

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVj-Ij3BcDA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVj-Ij3BcDA</a>

Scootaloo's Hide & Seek Event 2 (Anniversary Raffle!)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuLvDW0o9v0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuLvDW0o9v0</a>

Scootaloo's Hide & Seek Event 2 (Game)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUr2LZLrBBI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUr2LZLrBBI</a>

Scootaloo's Hide & Seek Event 3

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3-Jo7XJJxY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3-Jo7XJJxY</a>

And I have more! Since I can't do proper reports, I have uploaded all of the screenshots of the three events into albums on Imgur:

Scootaloo's Hide & Seek Event 1 screenshots

Scootaloo's Hide & Seek Event 2 screenshots (Raffle and Game)

Scootaloo's Hide & Seek Event 3 screenshots

And here are, of course, the group pictures we made at the end of the events:

And that wraps up the events! Thank you for coming to Scootaloo's Hide & Seek games, everypony! 0:)
« Last Edit: 2016 Dec 10, 01:15:36 by CMC Scootaloo »
If you want to meet Scootaloo, be on the lookout for her during OSWs!

Offline Apuppy120

• Otherwise known as GuyWithAmp
    • View Profile
I hope to see you there! I might not be able to make the Saturday one, though.

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@Apuppy120

I hope to see you there! I might not be able to make the Saturday one, though.

Woah, a programmer is attending! O: That's amazing! Such an honor, it will be great to have you there, especially because it's the anniversary! 0:)

Offline Apuppy120

• Otherwise known as GuyWithAmp
    • View Profile
@Apuppy120

Woah, a programmer is attending! O: That's amazing! Such an honor, it will be great to have you there, especially because it's the anniversary! 0:)

Well, whats the point of making a game, if you can't have fun playing it?

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@Apuppy120

Well, whats the point of making a game, if you can't have fun playing it?

I'm just baffled and surprised that a developer of the game is coming to one of my events. :D
I always thought you guys fix things in the background during an OSW and don't actually play the game.
We will welcome you with open hooves, having a developer there is a special honor! :D

Offline Mizuki

• typical tumblr addict
    • View Profile
Wow! I can't believe it's the 5th anniversary already! O: Congratulations!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

I'll try to play all three events if possible.   I'll be playing Blue Cloud as I always have, plus I might bring out a newer OC of mine for one of the events.

Offline Julien999

• "Ponies are better than humans? How?"
    • View Profile
Hello Scoots. Not sure if you remember me but I'm last time played as Natura Leaf, Lightning Spark and Flame Anger during the OSW in April.

You will maybe meet me as anothers ponies in this OSW and I'm not sure if I can join for the Hide & Seek but I will try. ;)

What is the limit of people youre going to allow to play? Last time i couldnt join because 10 or so people were too hard to manage, lol.
snopp doggy dog and dr dre is at tha do'

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@Mizuki

Wow! I can't believe it's the 5th anniversary already! O: Congratulations!

I'm baffled by it too. Thanks! 0:)

@MMTfan1

I'll try to play all three events if possible.   I'll be playing Blue Cloud as I always have, plus I might bring out a newer OC of mine for one of the events.

Hiya, Blue Cloud! 0:)
I can't wait to meet you again!

@Julien999

Hello Scoots. Not sure if you remember me but I'm last time played as Natura Leaf, Lightning Spark and Flame Anger during the OSW in April.

You will maybe meet me as anothers ponies in this OSW and I'm not sure if I can join for the Hide & Seek but I will try. ;)

I cannot remember your name, but I just checked back with my screenshots and found you as "Lightning Spark" during the event on Sunday! :D
And Scoots is happy if you make it, the more players, the better! 0:)

@NotoriousSMALL

What is the limit of people youre going to allow to play? Last time i couldnt join because 10 or so people were too hard to manage, lol.

I would really like to keep the events open for an unlimited amount of players, but the problem is, the areas are limited in space and if we become too many, the game will become too easy.
I also want to keep track of all the players and check who returned and who not, because if someone gets kicked, I want to wait a little in case he/she manages to come back, to give everyone a fair chance to play. But keeping track of 10 players and upwards can also be hard to manage, because not everyone is getting into a line when he/she should and it can become stressful if a lot of players are there. This is another reason why I need to limit the number of players, now that my Hide & Seek events get more and more popular.
On the other hoof, I also don't want to limit the number of players too much and give as many players as possible the chance to play and I haven't determined yet how many players there would have to be for the game getting too easy in Canterlot/Ponyville.
So, if you want to attend, just come and I see what I can do. There's a chance I can squeeze you in somehow or you can replace someone who was kicked from the game and didn't return. So far, we always had a slight fluctuation with players, because some simply couldn't get back on the server.
There's going to be a way.

Hopefully PARTIES/friends list work now. That would make it so much easier for you to get everyone under control. Or if you had some other way of contacting people if they do get kicked. Or you could be more objective and give a time limit and if someone doesn't line up after a bit kick em out and let someone else in or if no one else is waiting to play then go on without them. also maybe have someone help you manage these events.
Space is definitely not a problem. Ponyville is the size of russia and canterlot is also pretty sizable if you add all the parts that isn't just city streets, and it isn't easy to find people if you disallow flying. We couldn't find someone one time and we had pegasi flying around. After they won they showed us were they hid and turns out he was on the roof of a building.

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@NotoriousSMALL

Hopefully PARTIES/friends list work now. That would make it so much easier for you to get everyone under control. Or if you had some other way of contacting people if they do get kicked. Or you could be more objective and give a time limit and if someone doesn't line up after a bit kick em out and let someone else in or if no one else is waiting to play then go on without them. also maybe have someone help you manage these events.
Space is definitely not a problem. Ponyville is the size of russia and canterlot is also pretty sizable if you add all the parts that isn't just city streets, and it isn't easy to find people if you disallow flying. We couldn't find someone one time and we had pegasi flying around. After they won they showed us were they hid and turns out he was on the roof of a building.

If parties work, then I probably won't have to ask for building a line anymore. Granted that the list properly shows if a party member is online or not.
If that's the case, I could really try out how many players there can be in Canterlot/Ponyville until there are so many searchers that it gets too easy to find the hider.

Offline Howitzer

• Wenn schon, denn schon
    • View Profile
Aww yeah, I know I'll be showing up to at least one of them.
If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
   Knights of Dawns, because we're pretty much dead

@NotoriousSMALL

If parties work, then I probably won't have to ask for building a line anymore. Granted that the list properly shows if a party member is online or not.
If that's the case, I could really try out how many players there can be in Canterlot/Ponyville until there are so many searchers that it gets too easy to find the hider.
How exactly do you set your games up? Is there a team of searchers and a team of hiders? Or do you have one/a few searchers and when they find someone that person has to help find others?

Offline MidnightLighty

• "Life's unpredictable."
    • View Profile
Yus, I will be present in friday and/or Saturday. Sadly I won't be even able to play on Sunday at all. Family Birthday. :I

But hope to see you guys around!

"I am a silly poni."

Offline Dj_FaUn

• Dare to be uncommon!
    • View Profile
Just a little bit longer, and we'll be playing Hide and seek in no time at all!
"Life's too short to focus on the things you hate. Focus on what you love to do instead." --- PewDiePie

My OC's: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=14700.0

Offline CrazymattCaptain

• The Crazy Pink Pony of The Brony Show
    • View Profile
woot woot should be fun!

though that last time might conflict with @Natfoth planned event of the dragon boss, and the others might be low attendance because of the his planned parties.
The Crazy Pink Pony of The Brony Show
CrazymattCaptain
thebronyshow.net

Well, I'll show up to at least one of these  :D

Offline CMC Scootaloo

• Writer
    • View Profile
@NotoriousSMALL

How exactly do you set your games up? Is there a team of searchers and a team of hiders? Or do you have one/a few searchers and when they find someone that person has to help find others?

Second option. Many hiders, one searcher.

@CrazymattCaptain

woot woot should be fun!

though that last time might conflict with @Natfoth planned event of the dragon boss, and the others might be low attendance because of the his planned parties.

Whoops, yes, that could be a risk. :I I planned the times before I saw Natfoth's thread. Let's hope I won't have to reschedule!
But I think it will be fine. There are lots of players in the game and I'm sure enough will be there who prefer to play Hide & Seek.